Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

It is hard as shit to see anything. What to you is jacked?

The bl 12 looks out of scale compared to the other, and I'm curious as to why. It looks as it should in the SPL graph. 

The xfer function just shows the potential mechanical gain.  Not even sure what WinISD uses as a baseline between enclosures and that could even be inconsistent (which would be dumb IMO).

If it looks normal in the SPL graph (which is power & processor [if you enter it] compensated mechanical xfer function) then you are golden.  Just ignore the other plot.

The lack of flat response is no surprise as the ripple is "desirable" to most regrettably.

In that box I'd pick the Icon and turn the gain down....or if you want to be safe the Xcon is the next best response from the group.  The Q/SSD are fine, but Icon > SSD and Xcon > Q so it somewhat tells a story.

They are all just "bass" though so it is pretty easy to make it okay from the get go.

On second thought if he melted the Icon, I'd go Xcon.  I throttle the shit of the one in the boat with a clipped like hell signal, let it rot floating on the water all summer, and store it in a barn in the winter and it keeps POUNDING along.

I have been less nice to it since I have a recone sitting here....it won't die.

Neal - where do you get a real mask....but not a bank killer.  ie, I don't want a 1mo open specialty store piece of crap, but I don't want an uber mask either.  Mostly looking for something comfortable that I can wear year after year.

Thanks sean, I'll steer him towards the xcon hopefully. 

wish I had a spare recone for my mj18.. If anyone see one around the interwebs let me know :) 

Neal - where do you get a real mask....but not a bank killer. ie, I don't want a 1mo open specialty store piece of crap, but I don't want an uber mask either. Mostly looking for something comfortable that I can wear year after year.

What is the budget $400-$600 will buy nice masks. I can look around tomorrow morning and see if there are less expensive ones.

Neal - where do you get a real mask....but not a bank killer. ie, I don't want a 1mo open specialty store piece of crap, but I don't want an uber mask either. Mostly looking for something comfortable that I can wear year after year.

What is the budget $400-$600 will buy nice masks. I can look around tomorrow morning and see if there are less expensive ones.
yikes. I don't have a budget but will say the $20 ones look like shit.

It is hard as shit to see anything. What to you is jacked?

The bl 12 looks out of scale compared to the other, and I'm curious as to why. It looks as it should in the SPL graph. 

The xfer function just shows the potential mechanical gain.  Not even sure what WinISD uses as a baseline between enclosures and that could even be inconsistent (which would be dumb IMO).

If it looks normal in the SPL graph (which is power & processor [if you enter it] compensated mechanical xfer function) then you are golden.  Just ignore the other plot.

The lack of flat response is no surprise as the ripple is "desirable" to most regrettably.

How else am I gonna beat down the block?

The big problem is there is really nothing in between. I was looking here at work and could not find anything new of good quality under $400. Maybe eBay may have something used in you price point.

Raise your glasses to nipples, without them, boobies would be pointless.

A pirate has a ships wheel coming out of the fly of his pantaloons, and someone asks him if he was aware. He said.."aye, it's driving me nuts."

Edited by dem beats

Sean if you check ebay there are some, but I don't know the quality of them. I will continue looking  because I am now curious myself.

If you were a little closer I could ship you one to use and rotate it every year with a different one. I believe we are up to 27 masks. 

Foam Latex in another mask material that is nice, but if you are not careful it will tear.

I originally wore the foam latex and they we a cheap mask when compared to silicone. I believe they retailed for $60-$100 and some online stores have them.  

There's always money in liquor. I have the same feelings as you do.

I just look at it as a 'why not' idea. I think if given a good location on a main road, properly advertised, and done in conjuncture with give aways here and there (bar signs, liquor guitars, etc) it could be a success. Around here it's grocery stores side liquor stores and one or two real stores that do all the business.

J

Raise your glasses to nipples, without them, boobies would be pointless.

I like nipples smile.png

The big problem is there is really nothing in between. I was looking here at work and could not find anything new of good quality under $400. Maybe eBay may have something used in you price point.

Thanks for looking.  I should have figured.  Curious if there are typically local stores you can buy the real ones at?  ...or are they all mail order?  I have a HUGE melon :(

Have some pumpkin seeds roasting in the oven.  Smells awesome.

Because

20151025_191224_zpspkeaoqvs.jpg

the kids picked what I cut...obviously

That and after 22 years I am buying a new "mt" bike.  Year rounder though.  Perhaps buying isn't the right word, building may be.  We'll see.  Nothing finalized yet as I have three more models to test ride.

And yes, I am covered in orange pumpkin dandruff