Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

What's everyone, the hop is dead today.... Where's Mike been??? I'm at work ( ̄- ̄)

At the airport.  Off to Germany again.  Quick jaunt in Paris though :P

Guy Savoy on company dime here I come

And the doors are closed. See you all in a few

Fitting my fags now

Mike helping you?

That is just wrong! sad.png

Just thought you guys might like to hear I have honestly cut way back on my drinking,since I have been hanging out with a new lady friend for the past month or so when we can find the time. smile.png

And I have been busy as well playing with my new dehydrator and meat slicer,I only have a little over $200.00 invested in both of them combined.I have made 5 batches of jerky so far the 5th one has like 3 hours left,every time is getting better.anybody has any tips or recipes let me know. smile.png

Thanks,

Michael

In gay paris again :)

Long flight just to blow some guys.

Then again if Parisian dicks are like Parisian strawberries I guess it might be worth the trip.

:-D

Wee wee.

I laughed way too hard at this.

Made a really shit morning so much better.

Down to 3mm (supposidly) on the pads for the Tundra. What has everyone had success with for new pads and rotors?

J

For my "normal" cars, I use the Powerstop kits from Rock Auto.

I want to put together a little blind bitrate comparison for a coworker. Any tips on how many selections I should put together? I was thinking about doing Wav, 256, 192, 128. Any suggestions for songs? 

Depends on what you want to prove.

I'd do FLAC, 320, 192, 128 and call it a day.  I skip the 256 only because he won't hear a difference at 192.

After down converting them, re-upconvert them so that they all are the same size on the disk and in the same format.  Keep a key and then let him tell you what they are. smile.png

As for songs, tease him.  Use songs that HE knows.

Put some songs together for him this weekend but the files, after converting back to flac were not the same size. 

Dirty Jeep during the Romanian Jeep Club meet:

12109957_10207476372128747_4476656492622

12120080_924452807631294_698776449087334

I was very happy about how it handled the terrain. The gerotor LSD's front and rear are very useful. I'm not used to how the auto feels in low-range and I can't easily tell when the wheels are slipping.

Looks like fun!

You would shit to see my buddy's jeep.

Heh :D

There were some awesome Jeeps there. Even a Samurai with a VW TDI, Toyota trans, 14" travel coilovers, and Mercedes G-Wagen axles and caged. Pretty bitchin, low center of gravity, short wheelbase and at a glance it looked like a lifted Samurai. 

And fuck me, I have to go to Europe again on Sunday sad.png

Boo, wanna come and visit ? 

The daily or the performance ones?

I want to put together a little blind bitrate comparison for a coworker. Any tips on how many selections I should put together? I was thinking about doing Wav, 256, 192, 128. Any suggestions for songs? 

Depends on what you want to prove.

I'd do FLAC, 320, 192, 128 and call it a day.  I skip the 256 only because he won't hear a difference at 192.

After down converting them, re-upconvert them so that they all are the same size on the disk and in the same format.  Keep a key and then let him tell you what they are. smile.png

As for songs, tease him.  Use songs that HE knows.

Put some songs together for him this weekend but the files, after converting back to flac were not the same size. 

Sorry, have to convert to WAV I think for that.  FLAC is too smart.

And fuck me, I have to go to Europe again on Sunday sad.png

Boo, wanna come and visit ? 

I'd love to.  I've been in Paris & Karlsruhe so far.  In 4.5hrs I'll be in Berlin for a couple days and then up to Hamburg for the weekend.  Back to HQ after that for M-W meetings and then home.

The daily or the performance ones?

Better question for me is which ones have less dust.  Performance ones in general are more prone to squeal, but I am more concerned with dust than squeal.