Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_259889.html

I'm about to order it from there. 

Fuck, I'd pay that for a 9.7" retina display with a touchscreen mouse driver and display port or hdmi port

Yup, I will pay that and live without 3G and GPS

I've played with the older generation of that tablet, Teclast X90 3G I think it's called, and it's a nice experience. With 2GB Ram and that much display, you can't get a lot of performance out of it. 

The X98 plus is awesomesauce

I actually meant I want it as a touch screen monitor.  Would fit WAY better than what I have in the Escalade, but I need a display port and usb connection that works...

Fuck, I'd pay that for a 9.7" retina display with a touchscreen mouse driver and display port or hdmi port

I've played with the older generation of that tablet, Teclast X90 3G I think it's called, and it's a nice experience. With 2GB Ram and that much display, you can't get a lot of performance out of it. 

I actually meant I want it as a touch screen monitor.  Would fit WAY better than what I have in the Escalade, but I need a display port and usb connection that works...

A bit late now, but couldn't you replace your carpc entirely with that? Windows tablets work natively with USB OTG, I don't know about charging when using OTG. 

I low-balled the seller of the Audison, $120 for a used Bit Ten, they all go for over $200 on ebay auctions. Now I need a DRC (another $110) and I will have a volume knob, sub level control and preset switcher, all from the dash :) 

Did I mention I leave again in 27 days on another vessel out of New Orleans. 

Lucky bastard ! :D

A bit late now, but couldn't you replace your carpc entirely with that? Windows tablets work natively with USB OTG, I don't know about charging when using OTG. 

I need full on windows.

My tablet has full Windows, HDMI, etc, and I only paid $100.

My biggest problem with the one I have is brightness.  The 9.7 retina though would solve that and is a better form factor.  I have a beast of a computer I'd hate to not use...

I also have to have more than VGA otherwise a few programs won't run.

Juicey?

Yes. Women you buy 'drinks' for that are over priced and are at least 95% if not all cranberry or fruit juice. You spend enough they are yours for the night. Mamasan watches the girls and ypu need her to be happy with you.

J

As I know I'm not the only one in here Happy Veterans Day to my brothers and sisters in arms!!!,!

J

Ohhhh meat lovers pizza and banana peppers....luv it smile.png

My biggest problem with the one I have is brightness.  The 9.7 retina though would solve that and is a better form factor.  I have a beast of a computer I'd hate to not use...

The one I linked is full-on Windows, that's why I want it too. But yeah, it would be a waste to not use that computer. 

I'd pay that just for the monitor and drivers

It's hackable, not sure how easy though. Drivers for the touch-screen should exist, since it runs Windows.

I know but I just want to buy one lol.

Doorrs just closed. Bye bye amsterdam

My biggest problem with the one I have is brightness. The 9.7 retina though would solve that and is a better form factor. I have a beast of a computer I'd hate to not use...

The one I linked is full-on Windows, that's why I want it too. But yeah, it would be a waste to not use that computer.

Yeah, too bad it wouldnt be useful for anything else...

So Amazon has offered to buy back the router I payed $27 for at $25. Considering doing the deal.

I know but I just want to buy one lol.

Doorrs just closed. Bye bye amsterdam

Amsterdam was nice. I want to visit it again. Same with Barcelona. 

OK, so I have a gun thing going again. I am a CCW but I already have my daily carry. I bought a new M&P40 Shield (no thumb safety) 2 weeks ago to fill that need. I leave my M&P9 Shield at home now. I like the 40 better. I have an IWB and an on the hip holster  But I want to grab a 1911.

smDSCN3346_zpss5dc9ixo.jpg

smDSCN3342_zpshwloaxtm.jpg

I like Kimber, and I have narrowed it down to the Ultra Carry 2, or the Pro Carry 2. Both are 45ACP, both have many of the same offerings. Both are 7+1 single stacks, both have match stainless steel barrels, steel slides, bull barrels to absorb recoil and aid in balance, 4-5# pulls, etc. The real difference is barrel length and the frame materials. The frame on the Pro Carry is a hardened aluminum alloy to save weight (tested with over 20,000 cycles to maintain nominal wear) while the Ultra Carry is a stainless steel frame for heft. The Pro has a 4 inch barrel, while the Ultra is a 3 inch. Aside from barrel (and obviously overall) length, they are the same height and width. I like the bigger sight radius on the Pro, but like the small stature of the ultra.

I expect this pistol to be more of an in the woods carry, as a backup, and a paper puncher/home defense pistol. Primary carry will be on a hip holster, but I am considering a shoulder carry for this if I so opt to CC with it. The handle is just too big for an IWB, and I am not certain I am comfortable with carrying cocked and locked pointing at my nuts. Carrying a 1911 with one in the pipe and the hammer down (resting on the round) is not safe, and I will not risk having to rack a round in a situation, as it takes too much time. Plus, I don't want the holster wear that accompanies a daily carry on such a pretty piece.

Initial thought is, the Pro suits my needs better. Better sight radius is awesome for accuracy, as is the longer barrel. It is still small enough to allow for a shoulder carry.

Any input is awesome.

If you buy a 1911 I always recommend the largest you can.

Full frame, full slide, full grip, etc.

The 1911 is perfection to me. Every one that has been shortened one way or another usually has problems unless a real master had his hands on it. I don't know much about kimber as I have only had the chance to use a few of them. They had some really horrible issues for a while so I stayed away.

Springfield is my go to.

I can carry a full frame with an 8 round mag no problem. I am an ogre though.

Edited by dem beats