Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Just got a strong deal on .40 165gr Critical Defense. 2 cases of 200 for $360.

Grabbed up a couple "battle" (thousand) packs of target 9mm  and .40 for practice, too.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/hornady/200-round-case-40-cal-sw-hornady-critical-defense-165-grain-ftx-hollow-point-ammo-91

Not bad pricing. I need more target ammo for my .45, and to get out on the range more. Hopefully before my 31st birthday I'll finally pick up an AR for myself as well.

J

Great co to deal with. This is my 3rd time buying from them. I recommend them.

Good to know. I will keep them in mind.

J

Glad to see all the car talk lately, but I have to ask a photography related question. What do all of you use for editing? Aside from needing to get a new laptop (2010 Toshiba is losing battery life extremely quickly, and it is slower than pond water) I want to get some new editing software.

Noise has been killing my photos lately, and the current software I have is not as great for me as it once was.

J

Lightroom. Lightroom. Lightroom.

Photoshop is better but it's slower and you need to know more to the most out of it.

Lightroom is basically a digital darkroom. Noise can be cut or made to look pleasant in seconds.

Lightroom is what I have been looking at. I'm hoping I can get a school discount, but I know my current laptop will not properly support it.

J

Lightroom is really the only choice.  It'll run easy on your 2010 laptop.  I have PC's that are older that can deal.  Obviously keeping your catalog smaller and not expediting wciked editing speed will be a reality, but it shouldn't have any issues.

Gimp is free photoshop, but it is NOT useful for picture corrections.  For flat out editing it rocks, but for what you need (ie adjusting the white balance + on EVERY picture you shoot, Lightroom is the ONLY answer)

Glad to see all the car talk lately, but I have to ask a photography related question. What do all of you use for editing? Aside from needing to get a new laptop (2010 Toshiba is losing battery life extremely quickly, and it is slower than pond water) I want to get some new editing software.

Noise has been killing my photos lately, and the current software I have is not as great for me as it once was.

J

Lightroom. Lightroom. Lightroom.

Photoshop is better but it's slower and you need to know more to the most out of it.

Lightroom is basically a digital darkroom. Noise can be cut or made to look pleasant in seconds.

Lightroom is what I have been looking at. I'm hoping I can get a school discount, but I know my current laptop will not properly support it.

J

If you are a student at an accredited school you will get a huge discount.

Gimp is free photoshop, but it is NOT useful for picture corrections. For flat out editing it rocks, but for what you need (ie adjusting the white balance + on EVERY picture you shoot, Lightroom is the ONLY answer)

GIMP and Photoshop are indeed different animals than Lightroom. All have a place, but Lightroom is for making your pictures look better. Photoshop is for creating new images with some raw material.

You resisted for a while Sean, but Lightroom will speed up your processes by more than 10x. It's amazing.

It didn't speed mine up it slowed them dowb

But that is because before it took so long I didn't even bother

But that is because before it took so long I didn't even bother

Lololol

Church hommie.

Unless you are shooting in RAW.....

Oh, fix the noise in camera, aka, more light and lower ISO.  

It had a talk highway gear and that average is rush hour.

It got 13 when she was healthy. 13 highway or 13 in town. It just didn't matter

I get 10 in town/highway in town, but on long journeys when you just go 80 I can get closer to 20. I still have a problem with the gas pedal being used on the highway though so it is normally closer to 15 there, but gas is not an expense I pay attention to.

There no way you could get 20mpg if you got that thing on the highway and just set the cruise at 80 for most of a tank.

I averaged 22 after the supercharger on a 50 mile ride.  Tail wind and flat though.  Closer to 70 

Hand calculated or computer?

At 65-70 I can believe 20-22, after that, that wind sail picks up a lot of resistance.

I averaged 23 in the Jeep, mixed driving and a long of short trips in the morning. Pretty happy :) 

I'm getting a real silly error in the Jeep, Transmission slipping or implausible gear. This could be from any of the electronics associated with the transmission, from the ABS system to the transfer case switch. I can't replicated it, so it's going to be fun to diagnose. 

Time to browse the FSM, it says what could trip the error, a good point to start the checklist. 

Way to go Mercedes for not using an output shaft speed sensor and relying on the ABS sensors. 

Used to bug me, but if you think that is an excessive use of zip ties you should see my snowmobiile.  Probably 150 of them, lol

Gotta cut weight somewhere.

In the sled's case it is to prevent rubbing and wear.  Shit is tied the fuck down as I beat the fuck out of that thing.

Excited to see Tommy Emmanuel next week in particular since it is Christmas songs.  I need to get my boys singing as they are old enough and playing Christmas songs the normal way is boring.

For instance, stupidest song ever but when he plays it sounds fun.

I want to eat my shirt.  Mmmm, BGE & Ribs

My wife may punt on me for the show.  Has colleagues in town.  If that is the case, I'll take my dad.  

I should add I HATE christmas music.  Played in a traveling orchestra for 4 years and we got booked like crazy around Christmas.  

I have some horrible food poisoning.

Thankfully I made it into my store for a web training presentation. Got my face in front of the big dogs and now I'm gonna drink ginger ale and try to rest up.

In the sled's case it is to prevent rubbing and wear.  Shit is tied the fuck down as I beat the fuck out of that thing.

I do the same everywhere I work. Extra zip-ties, extra protection. I've wrapped some parts of the engine wiring harness of the Jeep, which touch the bodywork,  in thick leather. 

Sean, post the picture of the "dirty" Escalade again biggrin.png

IMG_9855.jpg

Flash obviously makes it worse