Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

My problem is I research shit to death before I start.  Of course that is my natural defense mechanism highlighting the aversion to work.  Funny part is I don't think I actually mind doing it, I just hate doing it wrong. :P

I spent a ton of time looking at how tos... it did zero to prepare me.

8 hours ago, Penguin4x4 said:

Fuck mudding. Popcorn is easy if you jerry-rig a contraption like this:

Yeah. Someone sent that to me yesterday... That shit is NOT real. I wanna punch this motherfucker in his throat.

10 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

I spent a ton of time looking at how tos... it did zero to prepare me.

I've learned that over and over and over, but yet continue on.

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Meh, I bought my Moto X new, 4 months after it was released. It wasn't the latest and greatest when it came out. I've had it for 2 years and 3 months. Only reason i want a new one is I actually am using my Dad's old one that was dropped in water. The rear camera no longer works (which I use allllll the time) and the battery doesn't last all day anymore.

I'm the same. I buy a decent phone and use it for a few years. FWIW I have had a shit ton of luck with HTC phones. I had an M8 for 2 years, and would still have it if I didn't switch carriers. I have an M9 now. They are HTC... I never have problems. Their software is so nicely integrated with Android that you simply don't have conflict crashes. My wife has a V10. It's cool. It does most everything better than my phone. Big beautiful screen, killer camera, super fast. But IMO the SQ of my phone is so much nicer. It's also just as fast, or damn close to it. She has had a few lock ups, I have not. For me, the V10 is just too big. She likes it because it is easier for her to see. She is effectively electronically retarded. She can't copy and fucking paste for christ sakes, but she actually uses her phone. This is the first phone she has ever had that she really uses a lot of the features on. For that, I would buy it over and over again for her. Like Matt, she seems to love her phone, so I give good props to both the HTC M9 and LG V10.

1 minute ago, ///M5 said:

I've learned that over and over and over, but yet continue on.

I'm a lot like you in the study hard mentality. I always research the shit out of everything I do. I want to do it right the first time. I can't tell you how much I have researched crown moulding, and how many people I have interviewed. I am ready, and may include a brilliant idea a guy I know told me about how he does it... if it works as well as he says, anyways ;)

I also refuse to fail.

43 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

I'm a lot like you in the study hard mentality. I always research the shit out of everything I do. I want to do it right the first time. I can't tell you how much I have researched crown moulding, and how many people I have interviewed. I am ready, and may include a brilliant idea a guy I know told me about how he does it... if it works as well as he says, anyways ;)

I also refuse to fail.

I learned to do this the hard way. After pissing away money and (more importantly) time doing shit wrong, or with things that are 'good enough for now' instead of 'made to last'. I learned how to do shit correctly. Or at least more correctly than I used to.

J

15 hours ago, sandt38 said:

Yeah. Someone sent that to me yesterday... That shit is NOT real. I wanna punch this motherfucker in his throat.

Weird...always worked for me.

It's not a vacation if you have to work like a coked up freak the week leading up to it and while on it.

Screw the wrangler where is the GC?

Although I am not interested in a step backwards :)

I am thoroughly in love with the new CTS-V.  Trying to figure out how NOT to be stupid about it.

What is this world coming to? Sean drives a GM and is in love with a GM....

. . .  And you sold the GN and you're buying a Subaru. 

26 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Get some doc Martin's and a long on the top disconected cut and you'll be the bell of the ball for bulls.

:-D

13 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Get some doc Martin's and a long on the top disconected cut and you'll be the bell of the ball for bulls.

:-D

No, he'll be the belle with balls.

Taxes are done!

On 3/9/2016 at 9:51 PM, ///M5 said:

Current Status for the Carpc Frontend

Plays my full CD collection :) , AM/FM including all HD, Internet Music, Bluetooth Streaming all from a Burr Brown through a live updatebly miniDSP through a set of Seas G18s in the door, Scan D2904 in the pillars.  Bluetooth phone over the stereo (can dial numbers and lookup my full phonebook as well).

Car Shit: backup camera, runs HP Tuners (although I find it WAY easier on my normal laptop), Full OBD displays and gauges (have a wideband AFR I hid in the stock clock), GPS running Garmin software, or Google Maps.  If I pop out of the front end I can use Waze as well running on Andyroid, link is in the front end.  Steering wheel controls and voice activated commands also work/can be programmed to do about anything.  I can't use it to call out of my phonebook YET.  

I need to make some baffles for the tweeters, run the wire for the mic and then finish the layout I want for how it should look.  Still using a derivation of what I was before.  Had to be dumb downed since my wimpy in dash monitor should not be used in sunlight.  I knew that buying it, but wanted a capacitive display more and even resistive there are crappy sources.  I really just need someone to hack a mouse and HDMI driver for the last gen Ipad 9.7" screen and then I'll be super set.  

nice progress. I hope to get a few more features working on my android setup this spring/summer. 

Pretty much broke even!

9 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I was thinking about that too...

14 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

14 hours ago, sandt38 said:

What is this world coming to? Sean drives a GM and is in love with a GM....

I don't want to live in this world anymore. :madsign:

Ouch, I saw only your post without the quoted topics and was about to call you.  The overview on the unread post page deceived me.

54 minutes ago, ssh said:

:hay:

Hello there.