Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 3/26/2016 at 2:46 PM, Tirefryr said:

So my insulin is $85/week. . . .

Have you tried using GoodRx? My parents use it for their scripts to get the best deal possible.

So I actually have an audio question.

I wall speakers wired in other rooms (2xDining 2x Bath 2xBed 4xLiving room)

Back in the day I wired my Pioneer Elite :( to some of the speakers including the rear living room speakers. Turn out they were wired in parallel so I was only driving it from one terminal the other went to nothing, and it fried the entire amp. Very sad day, and I actually just through that receiver away not to long ago

Okay moving on from that. I fixed that wiring and got a cheap Yamaha receiver for free. I wired one speaker in each of the bed bath and living and everything was great, then that amp died after a little while....

I've been wiring one of the bathroom speakers to my Adcom so the W can listen to music when she showers and there has been no problems.

So Last night I pulled out the Dayton DTA-1 and wired it to the bathroom and bedroom speaker and all played well. Then I heard some funny noises from the bedroom speaker so I pulled the wires to it and just played into the bathroom. Then the after 5 minutes the bathroom speaker started messing up so I shut the little amp down.

I haen't had time to test if I blew the amp, yet. Is there anything I should check on the speakers or wiring? IIRC they are 4 ohm speakers (at least the ones in the back of the living room are). The Bedroom speaker has a volume knob that is sometimes a little finnicky, the bed room does not have a volume knob.

Measure resistance on all speakers and at various positions on the volume knob.  I'd be expecting the knob to be a part of the problem...

The science museum is garbage compared to the children's museum for milf eyecandy

IKEA seems to be quality viewing grounds.  

I always found that the best milfage can be found in the back of their minivan/SUV.  

;)

I've always found them near milfoil

And I've got plenty of that

That was a super good dad joke!

I love it. I'm going to use that one.

In a meeting today I may have chastised my boss. While his boss is in town. Oopsies?

I also asked a question that got my boss and his cohort who run the state, wide eyed and scrambling to answer.  It was so awkward, as if I breeched something They weren't telling their boss. 

So awkward.  Their boss knew what I was asking and answered but I felt like I had just killed some golden calves after this morning.

Then asked him if I could play hooky today so I can spread the new info out tomorrow and Friday since ALL my managers are out of town.  

I'm proud I followed my own rules and didn't say anything that I didn't already have a solid solution for that at least works with the dataset I have.

Makin' impressions, nice ;0

14 hours ago, Julian said:

Target is my Milf watching place of choice.

That was a fun job in HS, it was a Milf Utopia. Even better is that I was working the Starbucks inside and that pulled them right on over LMAO.

I got 315x3 squat today. It was sloppy, too much, and I felt the stress so I only got 4 more sets....but that makes it the first time in my 30s and probably since I was 25 Or maybe younger.

If I loose another hundred of fat that will probably set me right up for a free 50 pound boost.

56 minutes ago, ricksi30 said:

That was a fun job in HS, it was a Milf Utopia. Even better is that I was working the Starbucks inside and that pulled them right on over LMAO.

Some saving grace for the worst coffee in the US

I like their Blonde roast stuff, but they only brew it in the AM.  Everything else tastes bad though.  I do drink it depending on where I'm at since its a known evil and sometimes I can't find a real coffee place and they are usually very convenient.  

I enjoy the number of coffee places here in town though.  We've got multiples of a local coffee shop that does their own roasting that makes good stuff along with multiple others.  Only one of them is Starbucks thankfully.  

I'd rather have a McDonalds coffee than a starbucks

Amusingly starbucks instant coffee is better than anything in their coffee shops

And it is pretty bad too, but good for instant

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Measure resistance on all speakers and at various positions on the volume knob.  I'd be expecting the knob to be a part of the problem...

Remembering for tomorrow. Will bring home the multimeter

It's insane to see how my understanding of photography has progressed during this semester by shooting 35mm with no flash, only one lens, and a short time frame.

J

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

It's insane to see how my understanding of photography has progressed during this semester by shooting 35mm with no flash, only one lens, and a short time frame.

J

It's good for leaning that's for sure. I wish people would let go of film however. 

Its over.  It just is.  If you are an established pro, cool, embrace. Otherwise, stop being silly.

Great for training... Maybe.... Good for use in than Real world... Unless your using medium format and need insane sized prints.... And even then.

ISO, quality AF, software are all miles past. I guess it's good for them to use it as a teaching tool, I'm just over it. I know so many pro photographers and not one of them would ever reach for film unless it was some weird fucked up project.