Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I owned a few different bikes: PK Ripper, Haro, Hutch, Kuwahara, Mongoose

Pretty much everything but the Redline and GT.  Tons of great old bikes, but they haven't depreciated. :(

If you want the adult version I can't say enough about fat bikes.  Holy pucking fun.  Go ride one.  My Mt Bike is sold and my road bike may follow.

4 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Just test the focus speed.  I think that is about the last frontier for the little guys.  I am also really used to a viewfinder, but most people seem to prefer not.

I figure with digital media, I will try to use the viewfinder. Fuck ups are not going to cost me any processing fees like film, so I am OK with learning and trying manipulation a little blindly.

Like most things I'd recommend used.  Easier to figure out what you want as it will change.  In particular with glass.

I'd also avoid Sony like the plague...

Been somewhat busy with it :)

26118093434_13f059cac9_b.jpg

Candy apple red calipers

26543734371_a0a2a23240_b.jpg

Stainless steel brake pistons

26006421943_1738423395_b.jpg

Old vs new

26543734631_392037f89b_b.jpg

Nice work.  The Candy looks great....and like a LOT of work.

14 hours ago, MKader17 said:

I was told those were the worst offenders :)

I do assume you had nothing to worry about, but I can say that I wasn't going to buy a 505

My g5 took a shit on me.  Mid video it just stopped working.

Poof.

This is the bike I had back in the day. Mine was yellow frame, yellow mags, and white tires. Ross Piranha

dsc04385_blowup.jpg

Very nice Teo!

13 hours ago, Penguin4x4 said:

What better way to celebrate a birthday than with a new 12 gauge and a bottle of 120 proof

I was supposed to go shooting for mine also.

Instead I started the CIEM process.

And ate the best beef around.

And drank enough the wife drive home. Of course she had to hotrod Helga like a savage too.

I am in need of some help. I have never had a garage door opener and currently looking at them. My doors are going to be 10' wide and 8' high, so I will need an extension kit to accommodate the height.

I am thinking shaft driven and 3/4 horse? What do you all have or use?

Yes these will be used everyday several times.

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Like most things I'd recommend used.  Easier to figure out what you want as it will change.  In particular with glass.

I'd also avoid Sony like the plague...

I rarely purchase Sony products any more. I own a Playstation and a killer Sony BluRay player... I will not own anything else with a Sony moniker.

Do you grab used glass locally? Where does one really find good used glass? The prospect piques my interest, as it looks like good glass is pricey.

Sony ICF-S10MK2 Pocket Radio. Handy little bugger.

2 hours ago, sandt38 said:

I rarely purchase Sony products any more. I own a Playstation and a killer Sony BluRay player... I will not own anything else with a Sony moniker.

Do you grab used glass locally? Where does one really find good used glass? The prospect piques my interest, as it looks like good glass is pricey.

Good glad is at most rental places.

Some good glass is expensive.  Most of the expensive glass is usually due to a low fstop potential, fast focusing, and anti vibration.

The best glass that is reasonable is getting the 50mm 1.4 from the brand of camera you buy.  The Canon 1.8 is just As sharp.

Nothing will work your photo skills and creativity like large aperature prime lens in the 35-135 range.  50mm is my fave on full frame.

If you are going less than full frame you could go wider and have a similar experience.

Tried out the GPS function on my Fitbit while mowing the lawn. Nothing even remotely resembling a straight line. Nice.

10 hours ago, The enD said:

Been somewhat busy with it :)

26118093434_13f059cac9_b.jpg

Candy apple red calipers

26543734371_a0a2a23240_b.jpg

Stainless steel brake pistons

26006421943_1738423395_b.jpg

Old vs new

26543734631_392037f89b_b.jpg

Teo, are those stock calipers?

FLL/ FRC championships have been a blast! I am absolutely worn out.

7 hours ago, nem said:

I am in need of some help. I have never had a garage door opener and currently looking at them. My doors are going to be 10' wide and 8' high, so I will need an extension kit to accommodate the height.

I am thinking shaft driven and 3/4 horse? What do you all have or use?

Yes these will be used everyday several times.

Cheap belt drive.  Not worth spending more.

I bought a craftsman with some super Sears coupon and it was uber cheap.  The OE that makes their belts always is ranked highest for reliability.

Seth - I bought my last two lenses on CL.

5 hours ago, dem beats said:

Good glad is at most rental places.

Some good glass is expensive.  Most of the expensive glass is usually due to a low fstop potential, fast focusing, and anti vibration.

The best glass that is reasonable is getting the 50mm 1.4 from the brand of camera you buy.  The Canon 1.8 is just As sharp.

Nothing will work your photo skills and creativity like large aperature prime lens in the 35-135 range.  50mm is my fave on full frame.

If you are going less than full frame you could go wider and have a similar experience.

This is just an experiment. I am sticking with a crop for the time being. While I would love a full frame rig, it is just not something I see myself investing in. I have enough expensive hobbies. That may change in the future though.