Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Ryan, are you familiar with a Kyle Jennings from K-State? He just started working at our facility and him and I are working on one of our new test cells.

Yep, good guy, works hard.  He worked in one of the other shops in the engineering building.  

Staying at the Hyatt Times Square atm.  It's been forever since I've been in NY, funny how traveling the world in between has changed my perspective of it.

34 minutes ago, Penguin4x4 said:

My iron worker BIL refuses to tie off or even wear a harness; I told him one of these days you're going to fuck up and it ain't going to be minor. Well guess who's in the fucking hospital with a fucking broken hip after falling off the fucking steel twelve feet to concrete.

How is/was he employed refusing to wear ppe?  OSHA will have fun with his employer.  

Hope he gets better.  Had a buddy fall off a roof at home in January breaking both his legs.  

Insomnia sucks mid week.

Steel joist schedules.

The secondary groups are not showing up.  That needs to go on the todo list for the developers.

10 hours ago, topgun said:

How is/was he employed refusing to wear ppe?  OSHA will have fun with his employer.  

Hope he gets better.  Had a buddy fall off a roof at home in January breaking both his legs.  

He's the eldest son of the company owner so I doubt anything's going to happen.

Other than perhaps he learned a lesson.  I almost killed myself on a bike before buying a helmet.

Nap time?

Pelvic bone was not broken, only the top of the femur. Elbow was also broken, so he's going to have a hell of a time with crutches or a walker.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Other than perhaps he learned a lesson.

http://i.imgur.com/YnBUPzd.gif

doubtful he'll change his behavior or mindset in any way

Sorry he is putting your family through that Peng.  Hope it works out.

Aunt's been keeping the kids since yesterday. MIL won't take over for her so my sister is going to have to look after them this afternoon/tonight. Oh and did I mention she's been up since 4AM yesterday?

We are converting to SAP at work and holy fuck can you make something more of a pain in the ass to use. My typical erec time went from less than 3 minutes to about 40 minutes just to order parts. WTF how can this be better...

Mind numbing training for about 20 hours.

7 hours ago, Penguin4x4 said:

Pelvic bone was not broken, only the top of the femur. Elbow was also broken, so he's going to have a hell of a time with crutches or a walker.

Just wow and sorry. Maybe he learned a lesson this time.

2 hours ago, nem said:

We are converting to SAP at work and holy fuck can you make something more of a pain in the ass to use. My typical erec time went from less than 3 minutes to about 40 minutes just to order parts. WTF how can this be better...

Ha, amusingly I was training my team today on IFS.  (SAP competitor).  We just changed.

HQ changed 9 years ago and almost have it working.  We started discussions 3 years ago with a goal of going live in 3 months, but I derailed the whole process fixing the bullshit mess they made.  It isn't SAP that is slowing you guys down, but a shitty implementation led by finance that doesn't understand that you do more than finance in your company.  Amazing how stupidly short sighted those people are.  The only bummer is with our implementation I may have just managed to net myself some more world wide responsibility for leading the charge in the other business units that need to convert on over.  And I say FUCK THAT!!

NYC in a nutshell.  A really dirty, shitty, Chicago with super fat ugly people running around.

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Ha, amusingly I was training my team today on IFS.  (SAP competitor).  We just changed.

HQ changed 9 years ago and almost have it working.  We started discussions 3 years ago with a goal of going live in 3 months, but I derailed the whole process fixing the bullshit mess they made.  It isn't SAP that is slowing you guys down, but a shitty implementation led by finance that doesn't understand that you do more than finance in your company.  Amazing how stupidly short sighted those people are.  The only bummer is with our implementation I may have just managed to net myself some more world wide responsibility for leading the charge in the other business units that need to convert on over.  And I say FUCK THAT!!

Our go live has been unbelievably horrible. When one of our production lines sits down we loose $6k per hour and over the past 6 days we have averaged 8hrs of downtime per shift do to material related glitches in the system.  We have 22 production lines, you can imagine the craziness.

Today I should get some one on one training since I am now the sole parts order-er outside of stocked parts.

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

NYC in a nutshell.  A really dirty, shitty, Chicago with super fat ugly people running around.

Yes, yes it sure it. One a good note you can buy any bootleg thing you can imagine there.

Where my wife use to work a botched ERP system almost tanked the 300+mil gross company. 

I prefer NY.