Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Not to stir the pot but intellectual and achievement are very subjective terms.  When neanderthals moved into a cave I am sure it was considered very intellectual and a major achievement.  Pop-culture would be another great example.  Some see it as completely pointless,  Yet it has molded the world.  I think that would be considered intellectual and an achievement, while others would see it as a waste of energy.  Just depends on the vantage point on your path I guess.

Then again my number one reason for traveling is usually geological  and has dick to do with people.

Exactly why I used the word can.  In the food word for instance, if someone thought that it was an achievement that a city had great places to eat that were exclusively: Applebees, TGIF, Chilis, etc. then the can would disappear.  Obviously the extrapolation works well beyond food and while someone could have the stance that those places are cultural I would consider that laughable.  Then with that person the can would be an impossibility.  No way Seth & I are that far apart.

I also love geological travel, but would point out that you can travel and enjoy culture without having dick to do with people as long as you mean the present tense.

9 hours ago, topgun said:

The new Note 7 phone is pretty snazzy.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy over priced

Apparently they staged a "White Lives Matter" protest in Houston in front of a chapter of the NAACP. Did not realize Black Lives Matter was connected to the NAACP?

yes, I am being sarcastic

3 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy over priced

They all are I think.   

15 minutes ago, topgun said:

They all are I think.   

While that is true.  The Note is $100 more than the Apple Iphone 6+ and includes a 256gb card in that.  Seems in line since it is 10x the phone.

Not instantly, but the brackets are in the mail which is the last piece I need for the install.

I need to list all my shit.  Time to literally clean house.  80% of my basement contains Mark VIII parts.  Lol.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

While that is true.  The Note is $100 more than the Apple Iphone 6+ and includes a 256gb card in that.  Seems in line since it is 10x the phone.

Well I now own a note 7 as of this afternoon, seems pretty nice.  I am coming from a rugged phone though,  so jumping to a top tier unit is a big step.   

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

I need to list all my shit.  Time to literally clean house.  80% of my basement contains Mark VIII parts.  Lol.

Clear it out.  Then come here and list my pile of why the fuck do I still own that??

Shits been going down at work recently. Tons of new cuts in product development. Rumor is if you not laid off by the 2nd week of September you're probably fine but its still not looking good for me. One of a few contract guys still working in my area. Time to start looking elsewhere me thinks. 

Edited by lithium

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Clear it out.  Then come here and list my pile of why the fuck do I still own that??

I need to do that badly.  

Me too, I am a pack rat when it comes to saving stuff.

Hell my mom saved ALL my toys from when I was little....and the boxes they came in.  My kids were spoiled from day 1.

I come from a long line of pack rats, so I use the 2 year rule. if I haven't touched it in 2 years, it's gone. 

My dad has a line of semi trailers for storage, plus several large buildings. Funny thing is he will go buy something new, that he already has. Bc he can't find his stash of whatever it is.

16 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Hell my mom saved ALL my toys from when I was little....and the boxes they came in.  My kids were spoiled from day 1.

Thats what Grandparents are for brah.

7 hours ago, lithium said:

Shits been going down at work recently. Tons of new cuts in product development. Rumor is if you not laid off by the 2nd week of September you're probably fine but its still not looking good for me. One of a few contract guys still working in my area. Time to start looking elsewhere me thinks. 

Bummer dude. Hopefully theres something better waiting for you down that road.

59 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

I come from a long line of pack rats, so I use the 2 year rule. if I haven't touched it in 2 years, it's gone. 

My dad has a line of semi trailers for storage, plus several large buildings. Funny thing is he will go buy something new, that he already has. Bc he can't find his stash of whatever it is.

I just went through my closet yesterday and used the same rule with one exception.  There were some clothes I hadn't seen in 2 years and didn't know that i had that I like better than what I was wearing.  Ugh, organization.

2 year rule will never work in teh garage.

No clue what the fuck they did with the drum recording on Metallica's St. Anger but avoid doing that. Ow.

12 hours ago, lithium said:

If you move back home, get in touch with me.

will do

I'm pretty confident that I can find more work in NVH. We'll see how it goes.