Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Where are you living now? What companies are nearby?  Let me know and I can network some.  Pretty much nearly related to the whole industry

Living outside Peoria, Il and work for Cat.  I wouldn't mind leaving the area to be honest. 

Ah.  Not much else there either.  Which building are you in?

*sorry for asking what I alread used to know

Not he's just somebody that he used to know.

Now that sing is going to be in my head for a month.

17 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Ah.  Not much else there either.  Which building are you in?

*sorry for asking what I alread used to know

No worries haha, I'm at the proving grounds. I'm guessing you've worked with some of the other teams in our division at either the proving grounds or tech center. 

A ton of them.  Both :)

Any places you would like to move? Any particular NVH work you own atm?

Give me some cities, areas or companies you like as well.

I'll do some thinking and pm you in a day or two sean. 

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

Not he's just somebody that he used to know.

Now that sing is going to be in my head for a month.

That moment when you realize you have no idea how your knee held together for 3 straight nights of soccer. :ughdunno::coffee:

6 hours ago, lithium said:

I'll do some thinking and pm you in a day or two sean. 

Ok.  You should connect to me on linked in as well.  Literally over 1000 NVH contacts in my network...

And because of that, any company you think of that isn't there I can do a search and find somebody who knows somebody I know. ;)

I've been doing NVH Sales & Engineering Service work for the nearly 20 years and during that time have been employed by 2 of the 3 biggest NVH hardware companies there are.  I'd be glad to help you network, but the more I know about what you've done, what you rock at and so on the better I can help.

:coffee::coffee:

How would you guys shop for a transmission shop if you knew no one.  I've been such a DIY'er that I really have no recommendations locally.  It is for a 6L80e and I want a mostly stock rebuild with bigger clutch packs.  Nothing fancy as the flying pig doesn't need to fly any higher.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

How would you guys shop for a transmission shop if you knew no one.  I've been such a DIY'er that I really have no recommendations locally.  It is for a 6L80e and I want a mostly stock rebuild with bigger clutch packs.  Nothing fancy as the flying pig doesn't need to fly any higher.

I started with going to forums that would be interested in what I wanted.  So this was for the expedition and I slowly read transmission threads.  

I'm sure there is a Cadillac version of the fordf150 sites.  Find forum soponsors and go from there.

I wouldn't have a clue on autos.

It was more a general question than specific.  I realize you wouldn't know shops up here.  Nationwide ones I already know, but I just want someone local I can trust.

Perhaps talk to some local mechanics and see who they use, and who to avoid.

On 8/23/2016 at 8:17 AM, ///M5 said:

I just went through my closet yesterday and used the same rule with one exception.  There were some clothes I hadn't seen in 2 years and didn't know that i had that I like better than what I was wearing.  Ugh, organization.

2 year rule will never work in teh garage.

I go through my clothes twice a year, and pack away the ones I don't plan on wearing. Then 6 months later its like going shopping all over again, without the cost. I will add I own as many clothes and shoes as the W. :P She is a true OCD'er I think, Everything is sorted into categories. Then the clean cloths on the left, longest since worn on the far right. 

Meh I hoard building materials, so that 2 year rule is out the window there. But 3 out of 4 times when something needs fixed, I have whats needed on hand. 

4 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

That moment when you realize you have no idea how your knee held together for 3 straight nights of soccer. :ughdunno::coffee:

Work weekends up here help heal everything!

7 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

ROFL, I had no idea what that was.