Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

So about 2 months ago I received an email from a former employer wanting to know if I would come back to work for them in the same role but with increased responsibility.  We went back and forth, I had 3 interviews, and last week I was asked to schedule a day to come in to present an offer.  

I show up for the offer, but the manager is not there, nobody knows anything, and I'm unable to reach her by phone.  I wait an hour, then leave.  She emails that evening and apologizes stating her day got crazy and she could not make it, blah, blah,blah.  She also states she will call me on Monday to schedule something else.  Monday and Tuesday go by with no word.  Wednesday I call twice, leaving voicemail, and drop her an email.  20 minutes ago, I get some automated email that reads,

"Although we were impressed with many of your qualifications, at this time we will not be further pursuing your candidacy for this position. You may however be contacted regarding other opportunities that fit your background. We encourage you to revisit our careerswebsite and continue exploring opportunities that may be of interest to you. We value your interest in our organization and wish you the best of luck with your job search.

Please note if you applied to multiple positions, this communication is only for the position specified above.

Talent Acquisition Team"

I don't care that they picked another candidate, but to aske me out of the blue to come back, make me miss several hours of work, the drive time and mileage, amongst other stuff, well that is just bullshit. Not happy.

2 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Can't get rid of this quote in my replies.

The only way for me to fix that is to click a link out of the thread then go back in.  Sometimes I still have to delete it.  Even if I don't use a quote my last post can just show up in the reply box.  I have just been working around it. Lol

Usually I have to post, delete and then I'm good, but that didn't work this time.

For some reason I cannot delete the quotes once added.

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

So about 2 months ago I received an email from a former employer wanting to know if I would come back to work for them in the same role but with increased responsibility.  We went back and forth, I had 3 interviews, and last week I was asked to schedule a day to come in to present an offer.  

I show up for the offer, but the manager is not there, nobody knows anything, and I'm unable to reach her by phone.  I wait an hour, then leave.  She emails that evening and apologizes stating her day got crazy and she could not make it, blah, blah,blah.  She also states she will call me on Monday to schedule something else.  Monday and Tuesday go by with no word.  Wednesday I call twice, leaving voicemail, and drop her an email.  20 minutes ago, I get some automated email that reads,

"Although we were impressed with many of your qualifications, at this time we will not be further pursuing your candidacy for this position. You may however be contacted regarding other opportunities that fit your background. We encourage you to revisit our careerswebsite and continue exploring opportunities that may be of interest to you. We value your interest in our organization and wish you the best of luck with your job search.

Please note if you applied to multiple positions, this communication is only for the position specified above.

Talent Acquisition Team"

I don't care that they picked another candidate, but to aske me out of the blue to come back, make me miss several hours of work, the drive time and mileage, amongst other stuff, well that is just bullshit. Not happy.

Not a person/company you want to work for.

If you didn't, in the future you could email the day prior to confirm.

I really wanted to like that chainsmokers/Halsey Mashup.  Was just too simple... it sounded almost unfinished.

These folks fixed it.

Oddly enough, the Martin Logans really fucking kill it on this song.

23 hours ago, Penguin4x4 said:

leaving this for Aaron

https://i.redd.it/qhadtmo58wmx.jpg

Glad he is back and running well.

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

That and of course I still dig a sexy wagon

12210473951175905.jpg

Yes please.

Romanian Minister of Health declares measles epidemic. :huh:

2 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Sean the DB AP for AJ TG was a no brainers w/o the keeper aspect.

I have Gurley on my bench right now.

My team is a bit sick though.  Took a while to build.

Brees/Wentz

Gurley/Elliot/Lacy/Gordon/Ajayi/Sims

AJ Green/K. Allen/W. Snead/Jordy Nelson/Josh Gordon/Tyler Boyd/Tyrell Williams

Travis Kelce/Dennis Pitta

Carolina

Kicker of the week is Crosby

....I put in Gordon this week.  Figure he has to be the bell cow right now and is tearing it up.  

Sucked losing Keenan Allen.  Would have lost Baldwin and AP too.

12 team league. I should win something this year!

5 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Talent Acquisition Team"

That bitch needs slapping.

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

My Intel NUC takes about 5 seconds to start up.  Music is playing by the time I back out of the garage.  Would be a bit faster if I had it turn on automatically, but I was having a problem with that and yanked the wire and added a switch.  Reminds me I need to rewire that option.

might address your issue with finding a good screen. 

That was obvious and I missed it.  Hmm...

First weekend in November I get a free trip to a European city.  Has to be a reasonable Air France, KLM or Delta location.  Trying to decide where I want to spend it.

Part of me ALWAYS wants Paris.

Don't you have enough miles to get a free trip anywhere, anytime?

11 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Can't get rid of this quote in my replies.

I have the same problem on my phone.  

12 minutes ago, topgun said:

Don't you have enough miles to get a free trip anywhere, anytime?

Yes, rofl. I have just over 900,000 frequent flier miles...but work needs me in Europe.  Ticket is $3k cheaper if I stay 3 extra days so I figure I would do something fun.  Can be almost anywhere :)

On 9/22/2016 at 2:22 AM, Adrian_D said:

Well, it was 100 miles away from where I live. I left the inlaw's house at 7 AM, the road from there to the event was awesomesauce.

IMG_20160918_072735674.jpg

:wub:

Oddly enough today I looked at the new Mustang Eco-boost. Kind of affordable here. It's a fricking barge, longer and wider than the Jeep and almost as heavy. But I like it a lot. 

Great photo, that is what sells a Miata. :)

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

I really wanted to like that chainsmokers/Halsey Mashup.  Was just too simple... it sounded almost unfinished.

These folks fixed it.

Oddly enough, the Martin Logans really pucking kill it on this song.

good mix, at first i was questioning how its halsey and chainsmokers, then in the middle it kicks in

although it is quite an easy going song, but i still like it

3 hours ago, Florida_Audio said:

good mix, at first i was questioning how its halsey and chainsmokers, then in the middle it kicks in

although it is quite an easy going song, but i still like it

The original was even more basic. Honestly sounded half done and I hated it.  And that's odd because I'm in love with Halsey and the chainsmokers.