Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 9/23/2016 at 0:18 AM, Penguin4x4 said:

Romanian Minister of Health declares measles epidemic. :huh:

Yup, it's STUPID. 7 cases last year, almost 700 this year. 3 deaths, too. FUCKING STUPID ANTI-VAXXERS

I was almost foaming at the mouth. 

On 9/24/2016 at 6:52 PM, lithium said:

sean, do you run balanced minidsp's for the higher unbalanced output? 

They weren't available when I bought mine.

14 hours ago, Penguin4x4 said:

Cadillac is offering lump sumps to 400 dealers to close their doors. Apparently almost half of Cadillac dealerships account for less than 10% of sales.

46 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Any tips on buying baby monitors?

Congrats.

2 schools of thought.  Audio only or video.  For audio nearly anything is okay.  For video...well I don't know if I want video.

17 hours ago, dem beats said:

I just found out about Disclosure this year and his work with Sam Smith and Lorde.  That's easily the most played music I listen to now.  That along with the Alina Baraz and Galamatais album

I bet even Sean could tolerate some of that EDM.  Has enough instrumentals and way less siren noises.

Lol

Hell YA!! I have been on a eltro kick myself, oh and eltro swing. Mucho good brass.

6 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Jeep trip this weekend:

IMG_3555_1.jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

IMG-20160925-WA0002.jpg

Danm dude, Would think you are in Colorado If I didnt know better. Pine tree covered mountains and rocks everywhere. Thanks for posting the pics!!

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Hell YA!! I have been on a eltro kick myself, oh and eltro swing. Mucho good brass.

I love booty swing.  One of the best. Rjd2 is brilliant and I need to check out grammatik. I know the name... excited to listen.

Do you know San Holo??

Time for another wireless router.  My computer HATES my Asus.  I have a TP Link I use for work that has been fine, but they all suffer the same thing.

My laptop drops the connection.  To cure it, I log off, do a failed log in and then a log in again and it usually works.  This happens between every 5 minutes and every hour.  ONLY when I am one floor away from the router.  In the same room as the router it will work non-stop for weeks.

I've been testing this the past couple weeks.  Literally hasn't failed once as I work all day and then I go downstairs and it fails quickly.  The TP link fails about 1/3 as many times as the Asus.  to be fair both routers were not spendy.

I am willing to spend some dough if it fixes this problem.  I am done being annoyed.  I see routers from $10 - $300...not sure how to rationalize what and where.  My internet speed is 20 down 2 up via cable so going way faster than that isn't necessary.

Any recommendations?  I would like at least one wired port but if it routes I could surely use a few.

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

I love booty swing.  One of the best. Rjd2 is brilliant and I need to check out grammatik. I know the name... excited to listen.

I'm obviously old...or like music with more than 3 notes. :P

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Time for another wireless router.  My computer HATES my Asus.  I have a TP Link I use for work that has been fine, but they all suffer the same thing.

My laptop drops the connection.  To cure it, I log off, do a failed log in and then a log in again and it usually works.  This happens between every 5 minutes and every hour.  ONLY when I am one floor away from the router.  In the same room as the router it will work non-stop for weeks.

I've been testing this the past couple weeks.  Literally hasn't failed once as I work all day and then I go downstairs and it fails quickly.  The TP link fails about 1/3 as many times as the Asus.  to be fair both routers were not spendy.

I am willing to spend some dough if it fixes this problem.  I am done being annoyed.  I see routers from $10 - $300...not sure how to rationalize what and where.  My internet speed is 20 down 2 up via cable so going way faster than that isn't necessary.

Any recommendations?  I would like at least one wired port but if it routes I could surely use a few.

Dude.  Get a serious router.  It's worth it.

Asus is king but here is something I would trust too.

http://www.pcmag.com/review/343601/linksys-ea7500-max-stream-ac1900-mu-mimo-gigabit-router

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Ok you got me there. It's pretty basic music but it makes me want to move and picks up my mood.

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Congrats.

2 schools of thought.  Audio only or video.  For audio nearly anything is okay.  For video...well I don't know if I want video.

Video is pretty damned useful, at least with nieces and nephew. They are/were especially talkative in the crib so it beat going back and forth to see if they were up or not. Hear a noise, check the video feed, repeat.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

My dad's exact response when he hears me listening to punk, actually.

1.5 mile dog walk, 1 hour of heavy weights, only 1600 calories, AND I'm not a raving lunatic.

11 minutes ago, Penguin4x4 said:

1.5 mile dog walk, 1 hour of heavy weights, only 1600 calories, AND I'm not a raving lunatic.

I haven't had food in about 40 hours.  It's amazing how much less you squat when you have no nutrition in you.

2 hours ago, Penguin4x4 said:

Video is pretty damned useful, at least with nieces and nephew. They are/were especially talkative in the crib so it beat going back and forth to see if they were up or not. Hear a noise, check the video feed, repeat.

The problem with video is if you know you have it you look ALL the time.  Reality is, if they aren't crying you don't need to do shit.  Even then it is usually better if you don't otherwise you will train them to cry to have you come get them.  

Of course, when bloody murder happens you run!

does the better router buy me something other than speed?  

if not how do I know what is enough?

Speed and "features", mostly. I'm partial to routers that can be converted over to the DD-WRT firmware myself. A lot more flexibility and customization, akin to rooting an Android device or jailbreaking an iPod/iPhone. Personally, I've never had good experiences with D-Link or Netgear networking products,  never had problems with Linksys products, and wasn't even aware Asus made networking equipment.