Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I really did like that phone.   The regular  S7 just isn't as nice.   

20 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Guys and girls...

When using speakers flat on the dash, I assume what I hear is the reflection from the windscreen, right? In that case what should I look for in frequency response? 

I'm looking to replace the dash speakers in the Jeep, they are currently 2.5" Infinity full-ranges installed by the factory. They sound OK but I'm curious to try something different. 3" speakers fit but they have to have a neo magnet. 

If you can't measure the transfer function of the bounce off your windshield first (good luck, lol) then flat as always. :P  Easier to correct what isn't jacked in the first place.

The stock mounting of the bose tweeters in the Escalade have a very dominate reflection mode.  Makes some frequencies fun to tame.

4 minutes ago, topgun said:

Hardware wise I do too, but the damn operating system drives me nuts.

It REQUIRES a launcher and I prefer to avoid that time suck.

Of course I spent a SHIT ton of time on the GUI for the Cayenne and Google Tablet headunit that I never installed...since I never bought the Cayenne, lol.  Good that I built a whole front end for it.

And 3 years later haven't finished the one in the Escalade.  Does eveything I need, but I had grander visions.

11 hours ago, nem said:

Should be open and ready to use buy then :)

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l4KhPbIIDgO3sMw0w/200.gif

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

It is only 3 weeks away?  What is the tmobile trade you get?

They separate the payments over 18 months and I can upgrade change up to 3 times every 18 months and they pay the remaining value and just split the new cost.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

There may be one other problem with your phone buying habits Matt.  I've never seen a first run ANYTHING be worth a shit lately.  Companies just ship shit way too soon.

Touche.

I'm with you on that thinking but, for me, one year old hardware barely keeps up.

Normally I'm not so irritable with things like this.  I'm crazy stressed.  I kind of put my foot down at work, for better or for worse I have eyes on me now lol.

I'm sure if I didn't have the other stress I wouldn't be such a baby back bitches right now.  I just have a short temper ATM.

20 hours ago, topgun said:

I was thinking they were 2.5", never mind me....

It's 3" but the magnet won't fit :(

19 hours ago, nem said:

Fancy wood, curious what will it turn into. 

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

If you can't measure the transfer function of the bounce off your windshield first (good luck, lol) then flat as always. :P  Easier to correct what isn't jacked in the first place.

The stock mounting of the bose tweeters in the Escalade have a very dominate reflection mode.  Makes some frequencies fun to tame.

Aurasound NS3 then :D

8 hours ago, dem beats said:

They separate the payments over 18 months and I can upgrade change up to 3 times every 18 months and they pay the remaining value and just split the new cost.

Interesting, I wonder what they would do for me.  I bought mine outright though...or my company did anyways.

BRAPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I got Nova Launcher Prime and I use it on every phone. I have a fairly simple home screen setup but I expect and import my launcher and it is certainly not a time suck.

I NEVER stop tweaking stuff when it is tweakable.  Had well more than 100 hours into my layout for the truck.

And I still like raw Android better.

:blink:

On 10/12/2016 at 9:21 PM, topgun said:

Every employee at the store was upset and in mourning over the note 7 being completely recalled etc.

The folks at my Verizon store were rather indifferent to it.   

Started my pre election toy buying...   Figure might as d well buy them now while they aren't sold out.   

Just now, topgun said:

Started my pre election toy buying...   Figure might as d well buy them now while they aren't sold out.   

GT350R?