Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

15 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

What makes you think it need rebuilt?  What do you think a rebuild entails?  What tools and knowledge do you have at your disposal?  .  Etc. . . .

Turns out it was more if a false alarm. My truck has been leaking oil overnight and yesterday it was running really rough, which made me think something was on its way out. Took a look under the hood and a spark plug wire came off. 

Now I just need to figure out the source of the leak.

On 10/22/2016 at 4:54 AM, Adrian_D said:

Or maybe I should splurge and get the Fountek FR88ex also. It's better above 10k. 

I loved my 89's.

Never had plug wire come  off  before, had plugs die, and plugs loosen up to about falling out though.   

16 hours ago, Julian said:

t8FuG3t.jpg

The view from Drew's and I's hotel here in Gilgil, Kenya

Beats the view from my hotel in Grand Forks ND

7 hours ago, topgun said:

Never had plug wire come  off  before, had plugs die, and plugs loosen up to about falling out though.   

I had the wire separate in the cable.  That sucked tracking down.  Amazing how much power my little 660 makes with only one cylinder.

Well, just ordered the V20.

Sean when it gets in I'll let you have a listen and see if the ESS tech and 4 DACs makes your CIEM experience better.  

I'm sure you could just go into a store and pop your ears into a display phone but who knows if that thing is either cherry picked or fucked up.

All I know is that with all the extra testing they put into this thing it better hold up.  This may be my last android if I have one more random death.  

Or I'm going to trade every 6 months even if I don't want to....

Helga is back in.  So that makes somewhere between 12 and 16 visits in about 24 months.

I'm going to pursue a lemon law kind of situation.  This is all crazy.  it's all related to this version of the engine I guess.  huge non recal.

Just now, dem beats said:

Well, just ordered the V20.

Sean when it gets in I'll let you have a listen and see if the ESS tech and 4 DACs makes your CIEM experience better.  

I'm sure you could just go into a store and pop your ears into a display phone but who knows if that thing is either cherry picked or fucked up.

All I know is that with all the extra testing they put into this thing it better hold up.  This may be my last android if I have one more random death.  

Or I'm going to trade every 6 months even if I don't want to....

Looking forward to your findings on the v20.

I'll report back as soon as I get it in. I am also excited to see how much better the camera is.

Gotta keep my selfies game strong.

But then this phone is coming out.

This thing is seeeeeeexy.

23 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I loved my 89's.

Magnet is too big :(

Looks like the updated software is working well so far.

4 hours ago, dem beats said:

Helga is back in.  So that makes somewhere between 12 and 16 visits in about 24 months.

I'm going to pursue a lemon law kind of situation.  This is all crazy.  it's all related to this version of the engine I guess.  huge non recal.

Booo :(

If it makes you feel any better, I have to change the fuel tank on the Jeep when I get back home. Rock beats scissor...and fuel tank... and fuel tank brush guard. 

Lemon Law really protects me here in MN.

It basically works out where I might just get a new car for the trouble.... we shall see how this works out.  it's interesting at minimum . 

No I don't want to go through it, but things could be worse.

Because you don't want a new car.  I understand.

New ones worry me, so much crap to hit the mileage mandates.   I'd  love a new car but it's be buying used and just not sure of longevity of them and on the new stuff I don't feel it is things I can work on myself.   

I like the big sedans, they just don't make them like they use to anymore. 

I also haven't sat in a new car that I liked the visibility of our with all the air bags.   

Was up way late working on Lindsey's install.  Morel MDT-12's are in the sails and Evil6.5's in the doors.  Vibraflex 160 in the doors with some SDS CCF.  AVH-X4800 in the dash, and SHCA 1/0 power through out with a few NVX bits.  Orion 8004 & 8002 will go in today at some point.  Icon 12D2 already loaded in a BJ Fisher/Khaotik Enclosure.  Dual careers and apartment life means working late at night in the dark and the cold.  Yay.

20 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Was up way late working on Lindsey's install.  Morel MDT-12's are in the sails and Evil6.5's in the doors.  Vibraflex 160 in the doors with some SDS CCF.  AVH-X4800 in the dash, and SHCA 1/0 power through out with a few NVX bits.  Orion 8004 & 8002 will go in today at some point.  Icon 12D2 already loaded in a BJ Fisher/Khaotik Enclosure.  Dual careers and apartment life means working late at night in the dark and the cold.  Yay.

Quite a bit of work to do at this time of year. 

Boo for cold.