Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Got a new computer.  Thing kicks ass.

3lbs, 13" 1080p, tablet mode, i7, 16gb, 1tb ssd and rips.  I've always hated HP's but they won.

And yes J, even this pc which has a wimpy display has more PPI than the retina...barely, but more than plenty.  It actually comes in a 4k option as well, but I didn't want it.  Screen is small enough that it isn't necessary and the extra pixels just waste the battery.  This beast ran installing software and all sorts of stuff ALL day and still had 30% left :)  Should be a good 10+ hours anytime I need it.

On 2/21/2017 at 3:33 AM, Impious said:

This is an interesting year.

Moved into a new house in Jan.  Lived in our old house 13 years.

Company paid for me to travel to Alabama for a week earlier this month to train another office on our system.   First time I've flown in literally 10 years.  Had never been to 'Bama before eother, so that was interesting.

My office finished in the top 10% for performance in the state, so I won an all expenses paid vacation for myself and my wife to San Diego in April.  Never been to the west coast before but always wanted to go.  Will be the 2nd time I've flown in 2 months, after not flying for 10 years.

Sending my daughter to college in August.  She will be living on campus.  Will be very different without her here.  We're pretty close.  

Just a lot of weird stuff happening this year that I have either never done, or haven't done in a very long time.  And we are only 2 months into the year.  

Go go go!

14 hours ago, ///M5 said:

3lbs, 13" 1080p, tablet mode, i7, 16gb, 1tb ssd and rips.  I've always hated HP's but they won.

And yes J, even this pc which has a wimpy display has more PPI than the retina...barely, but more than plenty.  It actually comes in a 4k option as well, but I didn't want it.  Screen is small enough that it isn't necessary and the extra pixels just waste the battery.  This beast ran installing software and all sorts of stuff ALL day and still had 30% left :)  Should be a good 10+ hours anytime I need it.

Got to provide some model info.

This 10pm game BS, trying to slow down 22 year plays fresh out of college and ex-pro's, is f'n brutal on the knees.

Almost chaps one's ass.

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

This 10pm game BS, trying to slow down 22 year plays fresh out of college and ex-pro's, is f'n brutal on the knees.

Use your elbows!

21 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Use your elbows!

Ha, I do if the other players for me, or I mean require it.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:37 PM, ///M5 said:

You're right about the 4k on a 13inch. Totally unnecessary on my asus zenbook. Probably miss out on some batter life as well because of it. 

I am coming off a 1080p Zenbook.  It has been a great computer, but after a couple years of constant use it needs to be retired.  Hoping the HP doesn't let me down.  The build quality on the older Zenbooks is awesome...if you keep the screws in them.

You know your garage is awesome when the FeEx guys makes a delivery and it is not mine. He said I just wanted a reason to check out your garage.

Got some fresh carnage pictures of my brother's icon.

The Coil actually spins freely on the former. The coil could slide off but the former is flared at the bottom either by design or from smacking the backplate. In the second picture it looks like the coil wasn't centered correctly when I reconed it previously or something happen mechanically while my brother was abusing it (or happen while trying to play it while/after it failed). In my defense it sound fine after I reinstalled it so it probably died from abuse rather then a poor recone job. 

IMG_20170223_174847166_zpsp5zypcmy.jpg

IMG_20170223_174927321_zpszzolabtn.jpg

23 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I am coming off a 1080p Zenbook.  It has been a great computer, but after a couple years of constant use it needs to be retired.  Hoping the HP doesn't let me down.  The build quality on the older Zenbooks is awesome...if you keep the screws in them.

What you doing with it? :P

Going on a company trip to Nashville this next week. Don't have a camera bag...

Crumpler.  Although I don't usually use a bag.  For work my laptop bag is a think tank wh3n I carry the camera

Going into secure no camera zones and unloading 4 lenses is funny.  Especially in japan

One of my wilwoods froze up.  Had to put pistons in it

NO snow here either. :( otherwise I would have my trailer.

I carry my camera on a black rapid strap with a spider pro hand strap and a tripod mount.  Think that is a joby

The neck strap gets unclipped for shooting.  Only for carrying

If I really wanted to carry it a long way I would probably grab my levi guitar strap