Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

There is a gentleman in Nebraska that does classes on how to rebuild and use them.  

He may be the guy who Levi has been emailing about it. I will ask him tonight.

5 hours ago, nem said:

The forging process is pretty awesome. I have a coworker who has bee making knives and other goodies. He has been taking classes on the art and does amazing work by hand.

He just recently acquired a Little Giant power hammer that we are rebuilding so he can use it. 

Similar to these.

Related image

I really want a power hammer....

:-(

Need other toys before a power hammer.  

9 hours ago, nem said:

The forging process is pretty awesome. I have a coworker who has bee making knives and other goodies. He has been taking classes on the art and does amazing work by hand.

He just recently acquired a Little Giant power hammer that we are rebuilding so he can use it. 

Similar to these.

I love making knives for insects

16 hours ago, nem said:

Custom forge your hooks! You can make some awesome ones.

Too much work. Some D-rings for shackles, a copy of the OEM ones will be just what I need. 

16 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Almost always driver fault....of course when you have to choose between getting stuck and breaking your shit I am not sure I would call it fault.

My fiancee was in the passenger seat and I really do not want to roll over my daily driver. All the other Jeeps which passed there took a different approach when exiting. I was the first to cross and the spotter was an idiot. Or a mute...

But I will still buy mud tires. Old ones were 10 year old retreads, I was afraid to run them anymore. 

16 hours ago, nem said:

Too much work. Some D-rings for shackles, a copy of the OEM ones will be just what I need. 

Almost always driver fault....of course when you have to choose between getting stuck and breaking your shit I am not sure I would call it fault.

My fiancee was in the passenger seat and I really do not want to roll over my daily driver. All the other Jeeps which passed there took a different approach when exiting. I was the first to cross and the spotter was an idiot. Or a mute...

But I will still buy mud tires. Old ones were 10 year old retreads, I was afraid to run them anymore. 

16 hours ago, nem said:

Not exactly the two guitars I am comparing, but indicative.  Need a stereo to hear.  Not a terribly exciting guitar player, but the piece is reasonable for hearing the different audio signatures of the instrument.

Taylor:

15:19

Martin:

16:31

Which do you like better?  And yes point out the absurd if you like.

Much rather see Tommy play them.

You guys don't like guitars :(

Guitars don't go low enough in the frequency domain

82Hz can light up some midbass

7 string will play 62Hz even

Going from 80Hz - 1320Hz is in a really sweet flat spot in the equal loudness curves as well.

Plus I need a hobby that is good for me.

I meant to say another hobby

If I was Darth Vader, this would have been my imperial march.

My buddy just picked up a Raptor with a Pio Z110BT.  Stereo shuts off when he goes over bumps so I had him come over.  Some asshat cut and butchered the harness.  Cleaned up the power/ground and put the truck back together.  Really wanted to fix the whole harness up and grab an adapter, but we had 15 minutes lol.  new red/yel/blu/gnd and that was it.

Still happens.  Either the stereo or the hack job on the stock harness.  I bet the latter.

Stereo also has an "emergency brake wire" not detected error.  I don't know which way that one is switched, but would assume that wouldn't cause this problem but instead do something only to the user interface.

I would assume that only matters for playing DVD's?  

1 hour ago, topgun said:

I would assume that only matters for playing DVD's?  

That was my assumption...or perhaps some data entry.  Figure there is some bypass mod we could install, but holy hack job did the original owner do :(

It needs to see a pulsed signal.  You can buy a "kit" off amazon for $5-$10.  I had to get one for the Lincoln.