Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

They can't be what shuts it off though right?

8 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

It needs to see a pulsed signal.  You can buy a "kit" off amazon for $5-$10.  I had to get one for the Lincoln.

Do you know what they are called?  My searching nets other shit.

. . . And no, it does not shut the unit off.  At least mine doesn't.  The error only popped up on mine when I tried to play a video.

Thanks.  I assumed as much...but I've never seen such a bad hack and didn't have time to address it.  Want to only have to tear into one more time.

Pics later when I get home

I should have wiped it down first if it is in the spotlight, but at least :stfu:

On 3/16/2017 at 10:33 PM, MKader17 said:

Trying out Optum No Rinse. I probably will Rinse but after all the glowing reviews I had to try it. It will also be my clay bar lube as well.

Now I'm in the market for a "quick detailer" spray.

My Scooby is currently at the detailer. Getting a coating job done. No more wax or worries... just blow it off with a leaf blower.

On 3/21/2017 at 10:36 PM, ///M5 said:

Not exactly the two guitars I am comparing, but indicative.  Need a stereo to hear.  Not a terribly exciting guitar player, but the piece is reasonable for hearing the different audio signatures of the instrument.

Taylor:

15:19

Martin:

16:31

My son loves the Taylor. I love the warm sound they have. As far as sub $1000 acoustics, they are among my favorites. I've heard some really nice Lunas too.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

uc?export=download&id=0B474U_UrwvNaR2JTV

uc?export=download&id=0B474U_UrwvNaajdIU

Great choice! My son's favorite. He is currently saving for this guitar.

Garage lighting ideas?

I'm really looking LED, because I've LED'ed the rest of my house (Cree LED bulbs FTW)

I'd like plenty of light to be able to polish the Swagger Wagon in the garage.

I need some light on the edges for working.

I'm also taking suggestions for mobile lighting to help check spots on the Swagger Wagon while polishing and other general work usage.

2 hours ago, sandt38 said:

My Scooby is currently at the detailer. Getting a coating job done. No more wax or worries... just blow it off with a leaf blower.

My son loves the Taylor. I love the warm sound they have. As far as sub $1000 acoustics, they are among my favorites. I've heard some really nice Lunas too.

Great choice! My son's favorite. He is currently saving for this guitar.

Fell into my lap.  Saved 60% by getting a w yr old one from a guy who ordered a custom and had to sell it by Monday or trade it in.  He made $100 more from me than trade but that is robbery.  Cheaper than a new 314ce :)

It is funny.  On almost all guitar forums they like the Martin sound better...but I don't get it.  They also play way harder than a Taylor and are made of non tradtional materials which is fine in a sub 1k guitar but in a 3500 beast...no

1 minute ago, ///M5 said:

Fell into my lap.  Saved 60% by getting a w yr old one from a guy who ordered a custom and had to sell it by Monday or trade it in.  He made $100 more from me than trade but that is robbery.  Cheaper than a new 314ce :)

Nice.

26 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

I'm also taking suggestions for mobile lighting to help check spots on the Swagger Wagon while polishing and other general work usage.

I use a few bright ass shop lights.  The more light the better.  From below and above

Just now, ///M5 said:

It is funny.  On almost all guitar forums they like the Martin sound better...but I don't get it.  They also play way harder than a Taylor and are made of non tradtional materials which is fine in a sub 1k guitar but in a 3500 beast...no

I can understand that. The Martins are more like a solid state and the Taylors are tubes. I prefer the warmth of a Taylor to the clinical Martin.

Truss is a bit out of adjustment but he had the guitar at 40% humidity.  I keep my house at 33 or so at this point in the year so I will let it settle for a couple weeks then restring clean and adjust.  Was used as a weekly lead the congregation piece so it isn't perfect but almost and was well kept.  No fret wear and the rest are just nicks in the clear.  Saves me from hating myself th the first time I add one lol

Just now, sandt38 said:

I can understand that. The Martins are more like a solid state and the Taylors are tubes. I prefer the warmth of a Taylor to the clinical Martin.

The Martin's also have some strange harmonic behavior in some locations in the neck which bugs the Chuck out of me

Martin is louder too...but I don't need that.  It is a couch guitar for me

The feel on your chest is better with the taylor as well.  It is not just a booming big e but the whole a and e strings