Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I hope I can say the same soon too.

10 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

The moving process has begun, two big loads to the storage unit.

My weekend off, I could have made a road trip to help.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I hope I can say the same soon too.

You doing that big expansion to sell?

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

You doing that big expansion to sell?

In the long run.  So destructive to the house though we have to completely move out.

Happy zombie jesus egg laying bunny day you filthy animals!  

I hope you all had a kick ass day.

I can't wrap my brain around this.

My wife and I take a picture every anniversary year. Last year's photo is gone. Actually, I remember taking some photos of my house, etc around that time and they are all gone as well.

I did a deep recovery of both SD cards (the only ones I've ever used) and the 32GB has about 50Mb of photos on it.

I can't find ANY photos from that time frame. I see pictures from before and after, but none in that time frame....

My brain can't conceive what happened. I know I didn't do some crazy reformat that would hide them...

I hate it when shit like that happens.

Contemplating the switch to a single monitor.  I currently run dual's with one being an accessory, but think how I use that I would be better off with a 34" ultrawide instead.  That way I could generally focus on the middle but still be centered when doing work on two pages.  I am afraid it may piss me off though or make me still want another monitor which somewhat defeats the purpose.

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

I have been thinking about going ultrawide myself.

Hmmmmm

thinking lol, she has no choice

Perhaps you meant double wide

Problem is I want the 38UC99-W which is not really expensible or affordable.  Be crazy to pay 2x for my monitor what I did for my 70" tv lol

LG has an 8k monitor out now.  WTF

Is that good enough or at that size do you need a true 4k for work?  

So my plasma took a shit last month.  I bought a little 43" LG to test out the brand and LED.   I am not a fan of the LG LED display.  It's a 4K with "high dynamic range."  So I went to Best Buy over the weekend and I fell in love with the OLED(LG) and QLED(Samsung) displays, but not sure I want to spend $3500 on a TV.   I know their displays are set up optimally to sell, but the demos are really incredible.  

I did not see a single plasma in the building.  Are they not making them any longer?  I really like the plasma over the LED.   Got those that have LED, ANY tips for adjustment?  I understand the variances between media, broadcasts, etc, but I've played with this LG for a month now with no success.  

1 hour ago, topgun said:

Is that good enough or at that size do you need a true 4k for work?  

PPI is smaller than most 24's....

22 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

So my plasma took a shit last month.  I bought a little 43" LG to test out the brand and LED.   I am not a fan of the LG LED display.  It's a 4K with "high dynamic range."  So I went to Best Buy over the weekend and I fell in love with the OLED(LG) and QLED(Samsung) displays, but not sure I want to spend $3500 on a TV.   I know their displays are set up optimally to sell, but the demos are really incredible.  

I did not see a single plasma in the building.  Are they not making them any longer?  I really like the plasma over the LED.   Got those that have LED, ANY tips for adjustment?  I understand the variances between media, broadcasts, etc, but I've played with this LG for a month now with no success.  

So you like blacks...

VA panel will be better for you than the IPS or TN.  Real question is which did you get?  If it is a TN you will hate it, an IPS could solve your needs but yes the Samsung will show the blacks better.

Personally I no longer am infatuated with Plasma's, but only because I think that the LED panels have mostly caught up.  There are still some advantages in the plasma but the life and other concerns are outweighed by the reliability and life of the LED.

Maybe i could get away with that ultra wide, and then just use my other 3 as peripherals.....

25 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I want bigger and 160hz

My docking station only does 30Hz so I don't need 160Hz...bigger would be better, but $1500 already hurts