Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

I mean... Im mad as fuck that the dude didn't show me their top end display...

Or I didn't read your question right.  I read it as ultrawide 3440 LG

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Any resources for keeping your Lightroom catalog managable? I love light room, but I've got to come up with something to keep my photos more organized.

Is it just as simple as making some relevant folders?

Keywords, NOT folders

Also, I want to be able to go through a group  of pictures and then pick out the ones I modified to export to JPEG. I haven't found a good way to do that other than add every picture to a quick collection.

Rate them and if you have a special project use the flags.  Quick collections I find no use for.

I went with a different purpose that you though too.  I wanted to see a 34" with only 2560x1080 and see how it looked for doing shit.  Realized the store is a terrible place to see anything and wished I would have just bought one.  Can always return it if it isn't good enough.

29" Ultrawide is too small, but I don't want 2 monitors.  My choice is really a 34" with 2560 or 2 - 27's with the same.

I went from (2) 24" to (2) 27", what a huge difference. I thought about going to one big monitor but its nice to have that screen separation when using CAD on one and looking at another drawing file on the other.

Windows 10 let's you snap them to both sides of the monitor to do the same.  The new monitors even let you watch full screen video in part of the screen.

Fitting that car lives in Germantown.  

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Windows 10 let's you snap them to both sides of the monitor to do the same.  The new monitors even let you watch full screen video in part of the screen.

I really like that feature.  

15 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Any resources for keeping your Lightroom catalog managable? I love light room, but I've got to come up with something to keep my photos more organized.

Is it just as simple as making some relevant folders?

Sean mentioned an amazing way of using the stars....  I forgot... I need to see them.

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

We were in the store at the same time then.  I left and went home and responded.  Seriously. :Doh:

They didn't have the cheap LG on display....although I think that is what I am going to buy to try.  I can't live with 30Hz which means 2560 is where I will top out.  Not sure I wanted curved anyways.  Will be a good comparison to switch from the 24" Eizo I have to it as a test.  

They don't have either of the new 3440 38/34 LG's on display.

Always shocks me the price variance on monitors that share the same screen....

What was on display?  It looked not so awesome.  I'm almost to the point where I might get a gaming monitor or something similar.  But those were set up badly even. Vertical lines on a couple of them....it annoyed me.

Also, we go to the same shop on the same day a lot... We need an app for when we are going to the same place.  At least share a high 5.  You could have met the W.

48 minutes ago, topgun said:

I really like that feature.  

So, it's my biggest frustration with the triple set up.  When I use the snap on the side feature it splits the window into a 1.5 screen.  Not good for photos.  So i have to size the window to each monitor and then plant them.  Not a giant deal, but productivity is a thing and making things work fast feels sooooooo good 

Sean, do you mean your option is 2560x1080?

Ugh.  Yes. :(  Not sure I like this...but my eyes are tired today.

Went back to Microcenter AGAIN.  Returned the POS I bought.  Had eye fatigue in minutes with it.  Bought the Dell.  I know, I hate Dell nearly as much as Apple but the Acer using the same panel that was $80 cheaper looked like a cheap POS.  The Dell looks better than the LG that was $100 more.  Screaming deal and the monitor is amazeballs.

3440x1440 runs JUST FINE at 60Hz from my laptop via the docking station.  Dumb fucker yesterday said no way over HDMI would that be possible...well it is.

Built in speakers sound WAY better as well...although I will not be using them.

Still less that what you originally posted.  I find it odd that we are shipping at the same time.

Aren't you replacing a  Hans-G display too?

Edited by dem beats

1 minute ago, dem beats said:

Still leas that what you originally posted.  I find it odd that we are shipping at the same time.

Arent you replacing a  Hans-G display too?

No.  My office pc.  Eizo 24" .  even the $350 one was better than the hanns g ... The $680 Dell is as good as the eizo which is great.  Eizo was $1600 when my company sent it to me about 5 years ago.

Hand forged from a farriers rasp by a friend who apprenticed under Jay Neilson. Handle is Royal Blue kirinite.

DSC05593.jpg

DSC05594_1.jpg