Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

13 minutes ago, nem said:

Hand forged from a farriers rasp by a friend who apprenticed under Jay Neilson. Handle is Royal Blue kirinite.

DSC05593.jpg

DSC05594_1.jpg

Pretty blade.

39 minutes ago, nem said:

Hand forged from a farriers rasp by a friend who apprenticed under Jay Neilson. Handle is Royal Blue kirinite.

DSC05593.jpg

DSC05594_1.jpg

Sweet!!

28 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Nice!

The 100hz and super color IPS will help me and if i game, Gsync baby!

we both got the right one for us.

Agreed...my computer is tapped the fuck out with it, but it works.  I shouldn't complain since the machine has 1TB SSD, 7th gen i7, 1080p, folds to a tablet and is under 3lbs.

I am just jealous.  Everything about yours I like better...except the price tag.

The monitor makes me want to game though.

Im losing so much real life real estate... This is hard tl deal with.  The color and image is a billion times better.  I was still rocking some Hans G non IPS Sean. 

Do you know how much better muly editing will be?????

oh my gawd.

Im losing so much real life real estate... This is hard tl deal with.  The color and image is a billion times better.  I was still rocking some Hans G non IPS Sean. 

Do you know how much better muly editing will be?????

oh my gawd.

Im really struggling with the reduction in physical size...

Ill need peripheral displays.

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

Im really struggling with the reduction in physical size...

Ill need peripheral displays.

You could have bought 2 Dell's for the same price.

....but would be stuck at 60Hz and no tearing support.  Tearing is easy enough to get around though...just need better hardware on the pc.  Lol.

Everyone says that my pictures are dark when I process them on the Hanns G.  I am sure, but I process them for where I view them.  Now I just need to work on a KVM or virtual KVM solution so that I can use my work laptop to control my home pc or at least my work monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.  My virtual dock CAN support the other pc but I need to plug it into USB-C which I have yet to see a longer than 10ft cable for which fucks that up.

Something screwy with photobucket. When it lets me log in I will fix that picture.

Photobucket is disgusting now.  The amount of attackware on that site makes me boycott it.  I am using Google Drive, but that SUCKS for quick links to forums.  Microsoft seems to be in bed with Imgur (or at least my new pc is) but I haven't tried their site.  Would love something for forums that is perhaps independent of my drive folder...

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

....but would be stuck at 60Hz and no tearing support.  Tearing is easy enough to get around though...just need better hardware on the pc.  Lol.

Dual 980ti's are showing their age lol

34 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Photobucket is disgusting now.  The amount of attackware on that site makes me boycott it.  I am using Google Drive, but that SUCKS for quick links to forums.  Microsoft seems to be in bed with Imgur (or at least my new pc is) but I haven't tried their site.  Would love something for forums that is perhaps independent of my drive folder...

Imgur is the way yo go for fast linked pics.

The truth is I still have 3 wonderful 26" hans Gs. I think the wife will get one and the roomate will get one. Ill keep one as a peripheral until i but another ultra wide.  I may upgrade the one I have and keep a rotation like that where i buy nicer and then have the other monitor be a peripheral.

Once you have multi monitor its really hard.  Even if the second display isn't so great, its nice to have it.  I also know asus calibrated the colors more accurately.  Makes me feel i need a color detector less.  Again since 90% of my work remains digital... The pics are at the mercy of their screen/phone whatever.  The blue/white dress proved we all see shit differently, especially on screens.

But i want to print some huge prints.... So I want to up my game.  I really love shooting so maybe this will turn into something more real.  The photos are my way of playing with optics and high end tech.  The pictures are a byproduct of me wanting to create some perfect image with the tools I have.  The art part is easy for me with a camera for some reason, but I do it because I am amazed with the tools.  I would rather be shooting a rife at things a mile away and doing math to get there.... But this I can do every day and when I pull this trigger there is almost no cost.  Copper projectiles ain't cheep.

I'm getting extremely confident for weddings.  If I had a second shooter who I could rely on to learn their camera and be there when i needed i would start making that something real.  I am on the verge where I cant keep it as a business.  I had to count my other side job money as part of the photo biz because i have so much equipment I loose money.  One more year and the IRS wont let me claim losses and they will call it a hoby.

Lol

So daddy needs some side photo work because I want to get my UAV for commercial work next.  Then I will be a god for $$$$ event coverage.  Wedding coverage is now closer to event coverage its redic, and since everyone has an iphone the staged pics of the past aren't enough.  You need themes and motifs etc.  Its half fashion shoot i feel.  Its a lot like when I shoot for work.  Some posed shots but 99% of it is having the camera up and you get something exciting or you create something by creating dramatic light, or interesting poses based on your theme.  Its a whole fucking thing.  Everyone wants the image that they live in a fairy tale of their design, and im extremely good at getting that from people. So this is a hell of a lot of fun. 

I need to work with more flash but I need models, a second set of hands and about 3 more flashes.  I want at least 2 more 600exs. After that, then I can do some studio level work and when I'm doing headshots for people I can go cray on equipment.  Strobes, whatever.  

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Is the dell the same LG wide 34" panel?

At this point I'd almost bet money that all 34" panels are either LG or Samsung.  I am not 1000% sure of course, but it is highly likely.  The Dell has a much better set of firmware and features however....but it does have that damn Dell logo on the bottom :(

I dont care much about logos.  I would have got a mac if i thought it would have been better...

If you wanted the best then you should have got two 27-inch Thunderbolt displays. Everyone knows that retina displays are the best that money can buy.

15 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

If you wanted the best then you should have got two 27-inch Thunderbolt displays. Everyone knows that retina displays are the best that money can buy.

The best for me to poop on

I don't care about best anyways, but best for my application.  What I got did that and was relatively cost effective.  Pics in the RTMS later :P

As long as you try to convince me that I actually just need dual twenty-fours and not an Ultra