Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

More than a monitor I needed to get a new computer. A $350 5yr old laptop with 768 screen is just not cutting it for Lightroom.

So I guess a monitor come with it since I only have a 900 VGA only monitor.

sup assholes :D

2 hours ago, MKader17 said:

As long as you try to convince me that I actually just need dual twenty-fours and not an Ultra

I only use 24" at a time

1 hour ago, jonbearsmt said:

sup assholes :D

Living the dream

....or obviously not.   What have you been up to?

2 hours ago, MKader17 said:

So I guess a monitor come with it since I only have a 900 VGA only monitor.

A pair of 1080p 24" IPS with good color calibration is the bang for the buck "wide" setup.  Until you spend $650 ultrawides just don't work.  I tried.  

Gained a garage TV out of the whole switch too.  Eizo goes to the W, kids pc gets the 21" and the garage gets the W's old 25".

My temporary speakers never left.

C7315jA.jpg

Monitor goes up, down, in, out, tilt, swivel.  Will touch the table and stay centered on the speakers although I have to rotate them a notch.  They do that freely.  Can almost see the sub here.

Oi3Nxmh.jpgI know I need to paint and buy different carpet, but that comes in the remodel.  Here is how I should be working more...when I move back in I am going to raise the desk another 3" lol.

ucFhAcv.jpg

you are fancy as shit sean i love that. WOW

HUGE fan of USB-C.  One plug charges my laptop and drives the port replicator which includes: audio, 5 USB ports, HDMI 4k, HDMI 2k, wired ethernet, webcam, keyboard, mouse.  One cable.

1 minute ago, jonbearsmt said:

you are fancy as shit sean i love that. WOW

Just finished installing the monitor and new docking station today.  There is a hidden RATS nest under the desk lol.  Lots of shit on there to power.

And yes, it is ok to hang a guitar in that room.  Proof of why is in the picture :P

5 minutes ago, jonbearsmt said:

you are fancy as shit sean

Ha, you didn't notice the nice outlet cover.  Had a 6 port on it earlier today, needed that elsewhere and didn't pull the cover to swap as I am unsure of the final placement of the desk/office for the time being.

I had a big U shaped desk that filled the whole room...then I got the lift to make it stand up...and realized a while later that I don't need any of the stupid ass room eating desk I had so I am selling it.  Ought to pay for the monitor. :)

Have a 3' x 6' Cherry kitchen table at the moment.  Bought the Cherry top at the Room & Board outlet (basically ding and dent) for a this case misordered top.  $200.  When we remodel I am building in the casual eating so that top will become my office desk.  Add a filing cabinet and I need nothing else.  Printer is in the closet.

Sweet work station Sean and nice to hear that you are putting a tv in the garage.

Glad to see you back Jon. 

I am going to put a tv in my garage, just holding out until I can find the right deal on the largest screen I can get.

So fucking pretty.  What do you use for nearfield speakers there??

17 minutes ago, dem beats said:

So fucking pretty.  What do you use for nearfield speakers there??

Tang band w4 1337 in a temp ply enclosure lol.  Crossovers were too big for the enclosure so they are mounted under the desk.

I have the integra receiver to push some desktops.....

I just want to be efficient with it.  Ideally I would want it mid and bass heavy... Or rather not bright at all.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

I have the integra receiver to push some desktops.....

I just want to be efficient with it.  Ideally I would want it mid and bass heavy... Or rather not bright at all.

True sub in the corner for the low end.  At normal reference levels they blend nicely together.

Exactly why I built full rangers.  As long as they swivel to point right at my ears they stage just fine.   Hard to be near field and so far apart without some flexibility.

Ha!  I knew the guy at Guitar center.  

Came home with some JBL LSR308's

53 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Ha!  I knew the guy at Guitar center.  

Came home with some JBL LSR308's

They are larger at home than at the store.

:D