Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Brahma or Mag...NICE choices :)

As always, my recommendation is something used that someone on here has lying in their overly stuffed audio closet lol

Nobody wants my Soundsplinters locally. :(  I don't either.  Have a 12 and an 8, but don't want to deal with shipping either.

If I build something in house, it'll be a 15 or larger.  In car, I am done with sub bass almost.  Running a stealthbox in the Escalade, lol

It does eveyrthing I need and more though.  Front stage is where I am critical.

I've got 3+kw? of rack amps sitting in the closet.  

It's on my list of places when I finally yet the last 400 hours of flight time I need to be an airline pilot. 

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Nobody wants my Soundsplinters locally. :(  I don't either.  Have a 12 and an 8, but don't want to deal with shipping either.

I bet I could use those with my JBLs and the bedroom.....

Guillermo exhibit at the Minneapolis Institute of Art.

Good times!!!

On 4/28/2017 at 3:08 PM, jntar said:

It's on my list of places when I finally yet the last 400 hours of flight time I need to be an airline pilot. 

Germany is about the last country I would visit in Europe...and of course I have to go there all the time:(

16 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Germany is about the last country I would visit in Europe...and of course I have to go there all the time:(

I disagree. If you remember Im really big into car racing. I would spend the entire vacation on the Nurburgring.

Boy this album is incredible.  

Sean, maybe not your speed....... But I think this dude is the next big thing.

16 hours ago, jntar said:

I disagree. If you remember Im really big into car racing. I would spend the entire vacation on the Nurburgring.

That isn't Germany you are visiting but the ring.  That I understand.

I don't get the fascination with the Nurburgring.  It's a horrible race track.  I understand the skill it takes to race it, but it's  too long, to damn narrow, and too bumpy.  It's basically paved (questionable} rally track.

I also don't get the fascination with auto manufacturers claims of how quick there vehicles run on the Ring.  Who care?  It in no way relates to how the car will perform on the road and if they design it to do well on the Ring, it surely will make a shitty road car. 

54 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I don't get the fascination with the Nurburgring.  It's a horrible race track.  I understand the skill it takes to race it, but it's  too long, to damn narrow, and too bumpy.  It's basically paved (questionable} rally track.

I also don't get the fascination with auto manufacturers claims of how quick there vehicles run on the Ring.  Who care?  It in no way relates to how the car will perform on the road and if they design it to do well on the Ring, it surely will make a shitty road car. 

Whatever captain slow!

:D

:D

It's akin to buying a woofer that wins SPL comps.

i bought a house next to this racyway , every weekend i feel the urge to buy a miata 

http://www.harrishillroad.com/

I have the itch to try drifting.  Everything is too far away though.

back when i would buy every town car i could find i would drift the shit out of  the wrecked ones in parking lots  untill i found a buyer ...  fun times 

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

That isn't Germany you are visiting but the ring.  That I understand.

True that!

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

It is, and has been forever considered the most difficult and challenging track every built. They say it takes years of practice to get even remotely good at all the different corners, elevation changes, ect. It's the ultimate test of skill and it's open to the public. I would dare to say it is the BEST track. You must be able to adapt and set up the car for the track. I could go on :D

Ive raced on multiple tracks here in the US. COTA is nice and all, but its not challenging. It's big, wide, and you don't suffer as bad from mistakes.

I just traded my HAT L4 for a set of HAT L6v1 midbass. Going to see if they are better than the <$100 SB Acoustics. :)

46 minutes ago, jonbearsmt said:

i bought a house next to this racyway , every weekend i feel the urge to buy a miata 

http://www.harrishillroad.com/

Raced there a couple years ago in the e30. It's a nice little track.

33 minutes ago, jntar said:

Raced there a couple years ago in the e30. It's a nice little track.

i hear people ripping it up! 

i always laugh when i see people on the way to the track in their high end car bouncing to shit on the bumpy roads leading to the track... wondering the fear going through their head about the tracks condition  judging by the path there.

On 4/15/2017 at 9:32 AM, nem said:

My weekend off, I could have made a road trip to help.

Haha, thanks.  But you know I would end up taking you to a bar and ordering a bunch of seafood.