Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Well then I should come :D

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Haha, thanks.  But you know I would end up taking you to a bar and ordering a bunch of seafood.

No sir, when it is time to work there is nothing else to focus on. 

Well...... I just got adobe CC......

This will be the year I make content, or just make this a hoby....

Fuck.

I spent 6 hours trying to string some video together.

I got mad.

I paid for adobe CC at 8:15am.  I had finished ~6 hours of the previous work, tossed in transitions and exported 2 different formats before I left for work at 9:15.

What does it do?

<-doesn't have it and doesn't ever do ANY video editing

Best word to describe?  For simple tasks its intuitive and i didn't have to format, or do anything to start editing the media.  I cut the clips in seconds with a nice system that i learned in 2 seconds.  To splice them i drag and drop.  And when trying to find a fun transition it had an option for "normal" transitions.

It also has all the things Lightroom lets me do for photos but for video.  With after effects I will have all that intuitive stuff, pluss the dynamic capabilities of photoshop for video. The use of layers is something you could think of but for video not just one image.  It also allows for green screen and other awesome effects.  

I can now edit media with all the professionalism of the best studio basically.  

Maybe the best way do describe it as both incredibly dynamic for complex needs and yet instinctive for the most basic tasks.

Edited by dem beats

It comes with photoshop and Lightroom and everything adobe has so it is a good investment.

It's like 60 bucks a month right? Pretty good deal if you use the stuff

17 hours ago, MKader17 said:

It's like 60 bucks a month right? Pretty good deal if you use the stuff

$19.99 if you have a student email.... I came really close to being that guy but i just paid the $40 a month.  Based on my one use, I don't care if it cost me $500.  I remember when you had to shell out >$1000 for photo editing software that was out of date in a year and not 1% as functional as lightroom.

I have wanted to try my hand at content creation.  Now I have the entire environment I need to have control from creation to publication in my own vision.  

I will love this and change my life, or I will hate this and for me, $500 to impress my boss once and find out if I need to change my path is worth it.

:-)

Proverbial boss or real current one?

8 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Proverbial boss or real current one?

Technically 2 steps out and i got video credit for the little video I edited for him.

Regional training guy, and I know my brand new Regional VP was aware of my efforts.

Not a bad pay off.  I will be able to leverage the software too.  I think I will start making training videos etc.  High production and what not. One of my co workers is actually a SAG actor so if I'm horrible in front of a lens, i have a stand in, stupid pretty fucker.

Ah, literal of sorts.

My only beef is I HATE monthly fees on anything

34 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

My only beef is I HATE monthly fees on anything

I used every free trial, all my old software... Everything.  Total of 6 hours of real uptime wasted.  I left my sales floor to get it done and I'm getting "demoted" over my numbers despite being well above my budget.

WELL above.

Sorry i got distracted by rage.  Anyway, im with you.  Buy the stuff and no fees.... But in this instance they don't really even sell it that way.  They got smart with cloud work.  

It wouldn't be anything i would be interested in if i didnt pay for the software and then teach myself how to use it and then export however i wanted with no hassle in less than an hour.  I watched a tutorial, then edited in maybe..... 15 min.  The other part of the time was download, export, upload.  

If I wanted to build a house and hammers cost $500 for one year of unlimited hammer use, I would pay for it.  Yes, I can use a rock to frame a house.... But fucking seriously.  I don't want to learn to get good at something that wont be useful but once every bazillion years.  I can edit a cooking clip, or 20 in minutes and have a full Hollywood after effect set up if i want.

One of the best things about learning how to edit videos online.... You watch videos that they used that software to edit the video you watching.  They are editing a video in a video about editing.

Inception.

Or Xhibit depending on your meme preference.

I feel like rock, vs whole team of licenced and insured framers is closer to the same accuracy.

Its that different.  It's palm pilot VS workstation kinda upgrade because of the adobe infrastructure.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

I used every free trial, all my old software... Everything.  Total of 6 hours of real uptime wasted.  I left my sales floor to get it done and I'm getting "demoted" over my numbers despite being well above my budget.

WELL above.

Demoted??

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

I feel like rock, vs whole team of licenced and insured framers is closer to the same accuracy.

Its that different.  It's palm pilot VS workstation kinda upgrade because of the adobe infrastructure.

Got it. I will amass another years worth of video then download the trialm

21 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Demoted??

My earning potential is being reduced based on my new location.  I will destroy my new budgets but I was promised protection from this as I was soaking a larger budget personally than I was actually working in my sales role.  

How long term?

8 straight days of rain and no sign of letting up through next week.

Today makes the 2nd time I've had to wash my car in the rain.

Real is doing a little bitch slapping.

Riding Mr. Hat trick