Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 5/30/2017 at 7:17 PM, dem beats said:

When i was at my fattest i was 530.

Body scan records only go back to 9/27/2016.  

I was 327.2 lbs, 130.7 lbs of muscle mass and 31.3% body fat.

Last weeks scan had me at 289.2 total pounds, 122.8 pounds of muscle, and 26.5% body fat.  

Losing the muscle mass is so extremely hard to see.  At least the rest of the hard work is paying off.

I haven't even worn jeans in a decade.  Shopping for "casual" clothes is hell.  I still have a pair of jeans from when i was in shape, to see if i could ever get them back on.  Maybe by the end of summer.

Matt that is awesome progress!

2 hours ago, nem said:

Matt that is awesome progress!

Thanks brochacho!

Now that John Wick 2 is on Amazon i have 2 movies I can watch.

My world is getting bigger.

I finally got all my door and base trim done in the house  this week!!!

And also got the daughters subwoofa' and stereo in! It is a 15" Dcon!

No automatic alt text available.

And the ride! She turned 16 in January, and got it stuck 4X'ing day one. Thus why she is manually cleaning it. LOL

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

Image may contain: people standing and outdoor

Nice!  16 already, holy hell.

iMAp4DK.png

I like the GUI better on the JVC but the logo, disk slot and smaller screen make it :(

It however has specifications that will allow my music collection.  Kenwood's are unpublished.  (ie, the manual sucks and so far customer support hasn't been able to clarify.  Manual is different than the website too, lol)

Pioneer is functionally useless to me.  Looks worse, can't deal with shit for music via USB and the Alpine is $2k...although an inch bigger.  Pretty sure Pio will fix that this year and the JVC is 2017, where the Kenwood is 2016...but I don't want to wait.  Already mounted the installation kit and pulled the carputer today.

I already have a volume knob on the dash, the rest can be steering wheel, voice, or touchscreen.  No tactile knobs necessary so I would prefer all screen...and an 8"

If someone hacks the touchscreen from the 10" Ipad and makes a windows driver for it, I'll switch back to a pc.  Sammy 10" fine too...but no one seems to want to and overlay touch screens work like crap for me.

No Windows 10" tablet with a descent screen?

22 hours ago, ///M5 said:

iMAp4DK.png

I like the GUI better on the JVC but the logo, disk slot and smaller screen make it :(

It however has specifications that will allow my music collection.  Kenwood's are unpublished.  (ie, the manual sucks and so far customer support hasn't been able to clarify.  Manual is different than the website too, lol)

Pioneer is functionally useless to me.  Looks worse, can't deal with shit for music via USB and the Alpine is $2k...although an inch bigger.  Pretty sure Pio will fix that this year and the JVC is 2017, where the Kenwood is 2016...but I don't want to wait.  Already mounted the installation kit and pulled the carputer today.

HDMI input ??? Wow !!!

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

No Windows 10" tablet with a descent screen?

Not even close :(

1 hour ago, Randal Johnson said:

HDMI input ??? Wow !!!

Welcome to 2015 lol.  Android Auto and real hardrive control are what I was waiting for.

36 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Welcome to 2015 lol.  Android Auto and real hardrive control are what I was waiting for.

Yea, guess I'm a little behind the 8 ball on head unit technology. Guess I need to start reading up huh ??? 

I'm definitely tuned in on what you come up with on this. I said I wasn't going balls to the wall with the F150, but then again, I love my music !!!

I haven't looked in 4 years.  Huge difference.  I expect the releases in 17 to be finally the ones worth peaking at...which means I'll buy something temporary that I'll have for at least 2 years, lol.

Some key things they can do now, they couldn't when I last looked.

-full gauges reading your CAN bus

-audio out up front and independent video/audio for the rear seat

-supports more than my 46,000 songs on an HDD (JVC does, waiting for a yes from Kenwood tech) and the ability to organize/play them by folders instead of just other tags

-Kenwood has it's own GPS antenna for use with Carplay/AA.  Otherwise my gps fails in my cup holder...

-Control your phone...although you better have an Android if you want to use it.  The Apple Carplay solution is garbage.

-Screen covering the whole opening.  Almost there on this.  I can surely live with my external volume knob (nearly free with the minidsp's) and the steering wheel control.  Prefer it in fact.  I am concerned over the flexibility I am losing with the customized steering wheel controls I had on the car pc, but I'll get used to it.

-Capacitive touch display with pinch on maps...not Carplay ones though

-> the two things it is missing are to control my miniDSP for tuning and running HP Tuners to talk to the ECU.  Both are REALLY hard to use on a touchscreen only though and require high resolution screens which in portrait are tough to find.  The ones you can are dim.  I won't miss having to have a full on contrast display for my coloring.

As soon as the new one isn't MSRP anymore I'll probably buy that and be selling what I buy now.

I expect the 1/16 Kenwood release to basically be the 1/17 JVC.  Can't imagine they really changed the processing...just the gui, shrunk the screen, and added a CD slot.  

I need to get a new HU for the wife's car. The audio quality is horrible in that car.

I'm good with my 9980. It's a great source unit and seems to work great with flash drives playing music videos.

I really want a new laptop, Helix Pro, and a termlab (SPL and RTA). 

Then I will be VERY tempted to bump up to an 8, 4, and tweet in the F150 !!!

Damn at the money I just spent in my head ????????

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

The Sante Fe?

Yeah, we got the one w/o the infinity speakers and they suck

I remember how crazy baseball was when I was young. . .   SO much more difficult as a parent.    Practice, game, practice, game, double header, tournament, practice, game, game, etc. . .  Non stop.  AND I umpire as well.  I think that's the easy part.  I get to stay in one spot for the most part.  I'm exhausted and he wants to play fall ball and hold off on football until winter.

Same with soccer.  6 nights a week at our house and that is an awful lot of coaching.  I love it, but lord is it time consuming.

Yep yep, it was football, baseball, and karate, and for the young one, skateboarding  for me. Time consuming for sure. 

Treasure it my brother !!!