Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Same with soccer.  6 nights a week at our house and that is an awful lot of coaching.  I love it, but lord is it time consuming.

Pfffft.  Excuse to use big whitey.

Let me know when you need the extender.  Some fellas just need help with more reach.  Nothing to be embarrassed by bro!

Did I tell you guys i had a few quarts drawn for blood work, then a second draw?

I still make almost no testosterone.  On a diet of healthy fats and gorgeous women, yet somehow nothing gets them working.

FML

Edited by dem beats

I make extra if you want some

Actually I have no idea, just figured from a machoismo pov

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I make extra if you want some

Hahaha right?  I wish it worked that way. 

People ask me if I am using the juice quite a bit lol.  Less now that I am smaller, but when people find out I am just under 290 they shit them selves.

That makes your journey all the more of an insane story.

I have Low T (was 167 in 2014 then 275 in 2015. The range is 350-1150 and 350 is really for an older male, not a guy in his 20s) and it makes it a pain in the ass to lose weight and bulk up. My muscles generally just get "more efficient" when lifting, not bigger and I'm a trim guy except for the stomach and face..

That's an awesome achievement to overcome all the medical obstacles you've had.

Do you lift weights at all Matt? I'm surprised you can't get your doc to give you testosterone shots.

And Damn Mikey, that's a hell of a freshmen 20. 

Oooooh I meant I weigh 290

My T is 250-280. 280 last time.

Before my arthritis I was squating 720 for reps.  My leg press has stayed high at least.  1500-2000lbs from when I was 17 unil now.  It just depends on the work out and if i am cutting hard or now.

I circuit train every day with moderate weight.  

Right now i only lift heavy 1- 2 times a week.  When i am not at a calorie deficit i lift heavy 3-6 times a week.

All the DNA want to the frank, and none to the beans.

By the way, several docs have blamed my immune and hormone problem on the low fat craze in the 80's. 

As an infant they found out i was under fed, so then I grew up thinking every meal was my last so I stuffed.  Chubby boys over convert T into E and so there is an awesome negative feedback loop.

I was taught to eat everything on my plate as a youth, a habit that took a long time to break. So I feel you there. 

I know they can prescribe testosterone shots you give yourself. I would keep hounding them for that option. Otherwise I know there are natural supplements available, that contain the building blocks for the T. All food for thought anyways. 

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Do you lift weights at all Matt? I'm surprised you can't get your doc to give you testosterone shots.

And Damn Mikey, that's a hell of a freshmen 20. 

Those numbers were T numbers, not weight :)

I almost started T-Shots but they make you basically infertile. If we decide not to have another I may do it. I hate the idea of destroying my natural systems for the rest of my life.

On 6/5/2017 at 10:18 AM, ///M5 said:

Same with soccer.  6 nights a week at our house and that is an awful lot of coaching.  I love it, but lord is it time consuming.

I'm still playing 2 nights a week. ;)

Im not keen on the +\- of the shots. But they would have be a short term stepping stone, until I got other life adjustments made if I needed them. Thankfully my doc knows I despise western medicine, and will help make a game plan to get to a balance naturally.

I personally would try the supplements first, but finding a trusted company could prove challenging. Otherwise a super healthy diet is the ticket.

I got a vasectomy about 8 years ago, and they swore that it doesn't effect testosterone or hormones. I am pretty in tune with my body and strongly disagree. Something to consider if you ever go for one.

5 hours ago, MKader17 said:

I almost started T-Shots but they make you basically infertile. If we decide not to have another I may do it. I hate the idea of destroying my natural systems for the rest of my life.

That is completely wrong.  

I mean, guys who i helped dose had children while using.  And they used stronger drugs and 10x the dose.

Some dudes used androgens that are so strong they abort puppies.

Real talk.  If you make low T your balls have problems with or without the T.  If you have to breed, you get on the fertility meds to make your balls get back on track for a while, but if you are low.... Well, taking T wont stop you any more than mother nature was.

3 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Im not keen on the +\- of the shots. But they would have be a short term stepping stone, until I got other life adjustments made if I needed them. Thankfully my doc knows I despise western medicine, and will help make a game plan to get to a balance naturally.

I personally would try the supplements first, but finding a trusted company could prove challenging. Otherwise a super healthy diet is the ticket.

I got a vasectomy about 8 years ago, and they swore that it doesn't effect testosterone or hormones. I am pretty in tune with my body and strongly disagree. Something to consider if you ever go for one.

You got older.

My GH dropped 15% in one year.  Stress can drop your T 50% in a week.

The snipper did less than one night of drinking.  

You guys know audio.  This is my wheelhouse.  The gallons of medicine that has gone through the group of people i know would make you dizzy.

4 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Really sloppy, and he kind of admits it, but a great example of how just not fucking up in life can make you healthier.  

Eat avocados, colorful vegis, and fish and your hormones will balance fast.

Honestly though, just don't drink and avoid most drugs.  Stimulants and MJ can lower it too.

Also sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.  I am lucky, really lucky, to get 5.5 hours in a night.  I average sub 5 a night.

Guess what? One of the my primary problems is that low T makes me have insomnia, and that makes me make less T.  Negative feedback loop.   

Don't drink or do drugs and eat lean meat and fatty vegis and then get your blood work.  

I dont like the bacon recomendation so much, but not because it is a fatty food.  Sodium and nitrates can fuck up all kinds of numbers.  Thats why i really push avocado. Potassium, healthy fat, and super important kinds of fiber.

We now have evidence that soluble fibers help gut bacteria so much that increasing the right fiber can reduce inflammation disorder.  Think oatmeal and your heart for example.

How do you get good avocados in mn???

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

You got older.

YIKES! Why you have to talk about me like that?

I prefer to call it aging gracefully.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

How do you get good avocados in mn???

You spelled passable wrong 

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

YIKES! Why you have to talk about me like that?

I prefer to call it aging gracefully.

Lol my bad.  I just saw my doc and i told him im having some metabolic issues.  He literally said... "How old are you?"

"I just turned 35."

"Remember when you got arthritis because your immune system crashed and you got all fat and shit?"

"...yeah..."

"You got older...."

I paraphrase, but only slightly.

39 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Lol my bad.  I just saw my doc and i told him im having some metabolic issues.  He literally said... "How old are you?"

"I just turned 35."

"Remember when you got arthritis because your immune system crashed and you got all fat and shit?"

"...yeah..."

"You got older...."

I paraphrase, but only slightly.

Just playing with you homie...I got no problem being old and shit. I will the big 4-0 this year. I work hard to not let my health slip as I know It's hard ground to gain back.