Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 6/16/2017 at 3:39 PM, ///M5 said:

Kenwood DDX9903s installed.  Android Auto > PC from a user standpoint.   The voice recognition is impressive...

tired of fiddling with the carpc? 

is there a better glue than weldwood contact cement for car upholstery? some of my fiberglass panels that I wrapped last year didnt hold up to the 95F days we had last week. Maybe I didn't apply the glue correctly or something. 

14 minutes ago, lithium said:

tired of fiddling with the carpc? 

No good monitors which was the coup de grace.

More importantly headunits can finally deal with my music collection.  50000 songs on 4000 albums or so.  Organized by Genre/Artist/Album/Song.mp3.  Can't get more compact, but it took until 2016 for that to be a real possibility....meaning allowing me to sort by folder.

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

More importantly headunits can finally deal with my music collection.  50000 songs on 4000 albums or so.  Organized by Genre/Artist/Album/Song.mp3.  Can't get more compact, but it took until 2016 for that to be a real possibility....meaning allowing me to sort by folder.

gotcha. I've had the nexus 7 out for a little while due to some issues with charging. I miss the simplicity of tuning with an HU. I got an 8 inch windows tablet that I might swap in so I can tune on the fly but I'll lose gps. 

also swapped in a PPI 900.4 for my Mids and tweets to simplify my amp situation. Down from 5 amps to 4... Might grab a second for the midbass later. 

Edited by lithium

3 hours ago, lithium said:

gotcha. I've had the nexus 7 out for a little while due to some issues with charging. I miss the simplicity of tuning with an HU. I got an 8 inch windows tablet that I might swap in so I can tune on the fly but I'll lose gps. 

I can help you get GPS back

9 hours ago, lithium said:

is there a better glue than weldwood contact cement for car upholstery? some of my fiberglass panels that I wrapped last year didnt hold up to the 95F days we had last week. Maybe I didn't apply the glue correctly or something. 

I've always used 3m stuff...but I get a good deal on it from the company store on campus

any suggestions for "throw down" polarized sunglasses? Need something that I'll be wearing while playing sand volleyball (I dive.... a lot)

I find Nikes on Ebay for $25-40.  That's what I buy for work.

27 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Maui Jim ftw

You know what..... I bet the poly carbs would be just fine.  We used those as eye protection on the bikes if it was too hot to have the visor down.

I have been wearing MJs since about 2002 as "safety" glasses way before I did as super nice glass.

Sean, I am having a problem with pasta.

WTF. 

Why is boxed pasta making me sick?  If I am starting a gluten problem I'm done with this life.

Bread is life.

Did you let it rest before putting it through the roller?

That is usually the problem.

Grab some stuff from the co-op that only has eggs and flour in it to test.

Rented a cabin up north this week.  Makes me want to stay up here

Egg and flour noodles have been better.

I haven't started making my own..... I guess I need to.  What flour do you use?  Egg and flour only?

On 6/16/2017 at 8:59 AM, Tirefryr said:

I've been contemplating a dealer's license for years.  Only problem is I can't deal with stupid people.

You would hate my job... requires the patience of a saint to deal with some of the people.

On 6/17/2017 at 8:57 AM, ///M5 said:

If i lived where you do I would drive an old muscle car as my daily driver

Challenge excepted. :D

On 6/17/2017 at 8:18 PM, lithium said:

3m Super 77 works well. If it's really being finicky try 3m 08008, shit is insane.

On 6/18/2017 at 7:14 AM, MKader17 said:

any suggestions for "throw down" polarized sunglasses? Need something that I'll be wearing while playing sand volleyball (I dive.... a lot)

I just picked up a pair of polarized Oakley gascans on eBay for around 60. I seen a few pairs going cheaper, but I had to have the gray ones once I saw them. Was bummed I lost my last pair in the lake a few weeks ago paddle boarding. Time for a floaty thingy to hook on them.

On 6/18/2017 at 8:14 AM, MKader17 said:

I play a lot of sand volleyball (I also dive... far too much) and from my experience I have given up on sunglasses for the most part.  The Maui Jim's do work well, but I only have glass lenses in all of mine and the weight does not work well when diving.  I owned the Oakley Gascan before switching to Maui Jim's a few years back (would never go back) and they just did not hold up.  Any cheap polarized lens has done well enough although the fit is never great and the clarity is terrible.  The only option I haven't tried yet is to get the Maui Jim's in a lighter lens.  On top of diving, the other problem I have witnessed is people getting hit in the face and the glasses breaking.  It sure would be sad to have a $200+ pair of sunglasses broken after a few games.

I only wear safety glasses (for work and leisure). The really nice ones can be found at just about any welding supply shop. 

On 6/10/2017 at 1:28 PM, dem beats said:

Less than 24 hours, but I don't absolutely hate the Samsung S8+.

Ergonomics for my really thick fist but proportionally short fingers is amazing.  And an index finger print scanner that is on the back and isn't the camera lens.  So so good.

The V20 might be my last LG.  It started to go corrupt in 7 months.  That's an LG phone completely going out, or losing data every 6 months basically and one that needed a battery.  They are the BEST android platform I have ever used, and the camera and GUI works so well.  But damnit I cannot keep having things vanish with no warning.  

All my pics gone.  If I had lost my texts... I would have exploded.

Anyway.  I'll keep everyone posted on the Samsung S8+. I don't want to like it but so far it is an impressive device that finally gets out of my way unlike the old Samsung's.  The GUI is also mature.  No more shit fonts and childish icon design etc.  Just sleek and a really nice screen.  The shape is hard to get used to yet, but the way it fits in my hand and pocket mean I would deal with any new learning curve.  

I also have hopes for the assistant features.  I need something to help me get organised.  So for the first time in going to integrate software into my management regiment instead of pen and paper.  I'm not able to keep my calendar with me for note like I need... So maybe this will help. 

Interesting you say that.  My v20 has been having notification issues and reception issues.