Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

alldatadiy will give you the diagram of the process if you've got a subscription.  I buy parts from local stores, rockauto.com, or Amazon.  Just be mindful of the brand.  

What brands are Good, what is bad?

I saw some stop tech kits for <500.  I have no clue what they should cost but my expedition was $370 for parts so I was shocked that these "fancy kits were so "cheep"

zeckhausen racing is where i bought the stuff for the M.

Classic question of course is how long are you keeping it...

8 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

zeckhausen racing is where i bought the stuff for the M.

Classic question of course is how long are you keeping it...

No matter the real answer, longer than I want.

59 minutes ago, topgun said:

alldatadiy will give you the diagram of the process if you've got a subscription.  I buy parts from local stores, rockauto.com, or Amazon.  Just be mindful of the brand.  

BMW is not on alldatadiy

I always buy a bentley manual when I buy a BMW car, they are by far the best manual for each model.

2 minutes ago, dem beats said:

No matter the real answer, longer than I want.

pelicanparts.com

autohausaz.com

bavauto.com

blunttech.com

10 minutes ago, S.DeYoung said:

BMW is not on alldatadiy

Of course it isn't.  I should have just assumed ze germans were different.  

I did rear hubs/rotor/pads, TPS sensor, and some bulbs on the Buick on Sunday for less than I assume just brake parts will be on that BMW.  

9 minutes ago, S.DeYoung said:

pelicanparts.com

autohausaz.com

bavauto.com

blunttech.com

Thank You! I will check it out.

Any brands you recommend.  Drilled and slotted just look nifty right?  They don't do shit?

Slots help with water maybe???

For pads, I have had good luck with stoptech street performance, a good oem solution with less brake dust is the centric posi quiet pads, or if you are some what aggressive driver on the street the hawk hps 5.0 is good.

For rotors I have used OEM and centric premium high carbon.

You can buy drilled and slotted, some manufactures will even tell you its merely for looks anyways.

I would just suggest do not buy any brakes that are specifically for race use.

I forgot which model do you have again Matt?

I also forgot turnermotorsport.com they were very helpful in suggesting a few different options for a track/daily setup.

1 hour ago, S.DeYoung said:

For pads, I have had good luck with stoptech street performance, a good oem solution with less brake dust is the centric posi quiet pads, or if you are some what aggressive driver on the street the hawk hps 5.0 is good.

For rotors I have used OEM and centric premium high carbon.

You can buy drilled and slotted, some manufactures will even tell you its merely for looks anyways.

I would just suggest do not buy any brakes that are specifically for race use.

I forgot which model do you have again Matt?

550xi

It's crazy heavy.  4400 or some such.  I wasn't impressed with the breaks performance before, and I'm not looking to be blown away, but I just assumed I could buy better than BMW brand for less if I asked you brilliant, amazing people.  Always pays off to ask the hop.

I don't need them yet, just know that it's about time.

Sean saw the damage that fucking tired did.

It actually damaged the control arms and bushings too.  Just got me thinking about being proactive instead of waiting until it NEEDS to be done.

May be better options, but that was ze fast ones. $78

Shouldn't take more than an hour to do the fronts.  I'd measure the rotors first though.

Dave has always been a great BMW resource for brakes in particular.

This cracked me up...but if it does what he made it do I will "build" one.

22 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I hope you take pictures of yours.

Had the 4runner in for the 20k check up and was looking at a toyota 86. Nice little car with a sub a turd motor. My salesman asked me what it would take to sell me this car today, I replied if you put a 2jz-gte in it I will take it now. He said that is not going to happen, but we can take this one for a ride to make sure I am not a sub a turd guy. I passed and took a TRD Pro for a joy ride.

https://www.fairfield-toyota.com/vehicle-details/new-2017-toyota-86-86-JF1ZNAA12H9708253

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Thanks.  I got stuck in a YouTube tunnel of hell watching him polish things with a hand crank drill.

3 hours ago, nem said:

Had the 4runner in for the 20k check up and was looking at a toyota 86. Nice little car with a sub a turd motor. My salesman asked me what it would take to sell me this car today, I replied if you put a 2jz-gte in it I will take it now. He said that is not going to happen, but we can take this one for a ride to make sure I am not a sub a turd guy. I passed and took a TRD Pro for a joy ride.

https://www.fairfield-toyota.com/vehicle-details/new-2017-toyota-86-86-JF1ZNAA12H9708253

The Toyota miata is a fine car.  One of My last subordinates got the Mazda hard top vert Miatas.  I havent even gone for a ride lol

It seems some very nice person opened a Macy's account in my name and ordered 7 sticks of lipstick. She lives in Texas too, so when I got the email saying it was shipped I had some questions.

If I were a scammer I would not use the email of the person I was scamming. What the hell is wrong with people...

It should be all taken care of tomorrow.

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Thanks.  I got stuck in a YouTube tunnel of hell watching him polish things with a hand crank drill.

Ha.  I didn't click on anything else...and have nothing to clean right now that would work in it.  

6 minutes ago, nem said:

It seems some very nice person opened a Macy's account in my name and ordered 7 sticks of lipstick. She lives in Texas too, so when I got the email saying it was shipped I had some questions.

If I were a scammer I would not use the email of the person I was scamming. What the hell is wrong with people...

It should be all taken care of tomorrow.

I take it the lipstick is rightfully redirected to PA.