Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The LSA is a joke.  Iron block ftw.  Aluminum ones can't make power

I am tapped out with mine.  If someone would do the work I would gladly swap for an iron one.

3 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

That would be amazing.  But collectively, I don't have the needed play money.  This would be my LS engine of choice I think:  http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/lsa 

I will ask Bill what his cost would be on that motor next time I am at his house.

No point in buying that engine brand new. Go get a wrecked car with a LS2 or 3 and save a ton of money. Also agree with Sean, go get the LQ4/9 iron truck blocks and build from there.

So I went and drove a 2011 Ford F150 Lariat and I came away a bit underwhelmed, but I don't think it was the Ford's fault.

I need to get a new truck, but I really thought a new truck would be more exciting.

1 hour ago, S.DeYoung said:

No point in buying that engine brand new. Go get a wrecked car with a LS2 or 3 and save a ton of money. Also agree with Sean, go get the LQ4/9 iron truck blocks and build from there.

GM cost on all parts to convert a standard motor to a LSA is $2500.  I have the parts list somewhere...that being said in a little car a turbo LS makes way more sense.  I'd also step down the cubes then to a smaller engine so you can use a smaller single turbo.  Super easy to make 700-800hp from the 4.8 with a single lag free turbo.  Stock form even with 100k mi on the block it'll take the power as well.  A 4.8 with 100k is $300 complete from most scrap yards.  Add a few G for a turbo and scream.  Worth adding head bolts, but the rest isn't necessary.  At that level you are already pushing water on the aluminum blocks.  Not worth saving the teeny amount of weight for less reliability and way more cost.

1 hour ago, nem said:

I will ask Bill what his cost would be on that motor next time I am at his house.

If it is more than $6k it is too much...and it will be.

WTF!  I had no idea this existed.

porsche-panamera-sport-turismo.jpg

Panamera-Sport-Turismo-Header05.jpg

Porsche-Panamera-Sport-Turismo-2017-Alle

porshce-sport-turismo-3.jpg?itok=iflAInr

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

You need one in a 2 door Sean. 

It is coming supposedly

Damn wagon looks better than the saloon.  Of course I generally think that with most 4 door sport sedans.

15 hours ago, S.DeYoung said:

I think it is also about how it will fit and how much it will throw off the weight balance.  The LSA was just a BS option as it is too much money, but light weight.  To be honest, I don't need gobs of power in that car.  500 is probably going to make it just deadly.

16 hours ago, nem said:

Uh oh.

17 hours ago, ///M5 said:

The LSA is a joke.  Iron block ftw.  Aluminum ones can't make power

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Damn wagon looks better than the saloon.  Of course I generally think that with most 4 door sport sedans.

Agreed.

25 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I think it is also about how it will fit and how much it will throw off the weight balance.  The LSA was just a BS option as it is too much money, but light weight.  To be honest, I don't need gobs of power in that car.  500 is probably going to make it just deadly.

Uh oh.

http://www.ls1rx8.com/ls-conversion-kits.html

As for the handling the RX7 guys seem to think it doesn't hurt.

I do realize you don't need power either since your car is so light...but just saying.

I'm exhausted!

I love the LS, but LS swaps are like my baby momma; everybody's doing it.

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I love the LS, but LS swaps are like my baby momma; everybody's doing it.

Agreed but at the same time hp for cheap and swap kits that make it so joe normal can do it are impossible to turn down.

I'd rather have dohc oval power

I really wish wagons were sold here I love the panamera one.  Omg.  So posses.  I might be dumb enough to get one.  Somehow Porsche is the German car I am least concerned about reliability wise.

A 2Dr GT wagon in a full size would be 's bomb.