Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Comment earlier could use explanation.

Made garlic paste with 1 clove of garlic on a wood board.  30 hours later I cut strawberries to macerate for strawberry shortcake and 6 hours later when eating them...they tasted like garlic.

I did wash the board, but that consists of a strong wipe down.  Proteins get cut on poly sheeting.

You CANNOT cut garlic on plastic.  Doesn't work.  My flat bamboo is even a stretch.

I don't have anywhere near that amount to play.  I plan on using my PPI processor.  Messing around today, the trunk is designed so I can integrate a sub, amp rack, and reserve battery with zero lost space.  The doors will allow me to build nearly any way I want and I read about white paper many years ago on Phillips opsoidis or something like that, so I'd like to try that out.

You've found an Android Auto unit for less than $350?  Which one?

I should have quoted.  I was speaking of files, not money, though I hope to keep it under $500.

On 7/22/2017 at 6:57 PM, Tirefryr said:

New daily

20170722_165508_zpsuxoqf3l6.jpg?w=480&h=

BOOOOOOOOSSSST

15 hours ago, ///M5 said:

One of these came today as well...but is in my mailbox.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MLZZ7QE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully one hand insertion into the holder and usb connection.  I always set my phone somewhere anyway, in a holder that connects the h/u I thought ideal.  I'll let you know how it works later in the week.  If you see a better one please let me know.  My bias was one hand operation as I want to hop in the car and drive.  Yes, I am the guy that is usually unbuckled, out of the car, and waiting to lock the doors while the other passengers are still buckled.  I sit still like SHIT.

That feeling is so intense for me.

All repeated tasks that have inefficiencies are the devil.  It's probably OCD being managed by behavioral techniques.  

It is a plastic piece of crap with a cable that does not work for Android Auto.  I may try to replace the cable and keep it though as it can work and I can find nothing else. :(

Aargh.  Backup camera isn't working.  Can't say I am looking forward to trouble shooting it.  Stupid lack of real helpful documentation :(

Was hoping it was my adapter.  Changed to a maestro rr and it didn't help.  Cleaned up the wiring of the truck a bunch tho

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

That feeling is so intense for me.

All repeated tasks that have inefficiencies are the devil.  It's probably OCD being managed by behavioral techniques.  

Lett me know how it works. The magnetic method works but doesn't keep the phone straight up and down all the time. I'd also have no problem hiding the charging cord with my truck which would look slick

Drove a 2012 FX2 with the Ecoboost today.

I liked the Ecoboost more than the 5.0

Which one?

Wait, nevermind. .  2.7 wasn't available until 2015.

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Drove a 2012 FX2 with the Ecoboost today.

I liked the Ecoboost more than the 5.0

I just took a 2012 F-150 4x4 with the Ecoboost out to Colorado Springs pulling a 6x12 Uhaul trailer.  10mpg out there with the trailer, 19mpg without.  

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Lett me know how it works. The magnetic method works but doesn't keep the phone straight up and down all the time. I'd also have no problem hiding the charging cord with my truck which would look slick

I NEED to be plugged in.  While not really the case I prefer it as then I don't have to touch my phone to do anything.

Maestro integration with Kenwood is sweet.

MAF, Intake Pressure/Temp, AFR, Exhaust Gas Temp, Throttle Position, Load + more.  Think you can set limits and color code them all...I didn't play with that yet as I just installed it today.

Also adds actual feet to the ultrasonic backup sensors.  Turning bars on the backup camera.  Stock had nothing but beeps and a picture.  Super impressed.  Functionally WAY better than my carpc :(

Only thing I can't do is tune the car from the dash...but I haven't so I might as well continue to use this laptop for that.

43 minutes ago, topgun said:

I just took a 2012 F-150 4x4 with the Ecoboost out to Colorado Springs pulling a 6x12 Uhaul trailer.  10mpg out there with the trailer, 19mpg without.  

that kinda sucks....my 99' 5.4L gets 14.2mpg towing my loaded boat and 15.6 highway with about 160,000 miles on it. The ecoboost is crap unless you aren't towing something & you are simply worried about fuel economy.

Considering I'll tow about 1% of the time I'm okay taking the hit then.

In the traditional use of a truck, I just don't get the desire for lower displacement.  Even if you boost thebfuck out of it.

Large displacement with less boost and a set of tougher parts would be a billion times better.