Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

FUCK AUDI!

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

FUCK AUDI!

That didn't take long... 

The most expensive car is a cheap Audi. ;)

Hope to get the wheels swapped on the RX8 this weekend so then I can take it to the shop to get them to figure out what the fuck happened with the power windows.

This car is just bad.  I expected repairs, but diving onto this, I'm finding previous hacks and it's quickly becoming a nightmare.  I'm actually looking for a non-running parts car that I can transfer the drivetrain into.  At this point, with what I've encountered the past few days,it will quickly become a money pit.

Sounds like every Vag I've had my dick in.

And yes those pictures were cropped and edited for Instagram

2 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Few photos from recent.

Birthday cupcakes and downtown venues. 50mm is a little tough for pictures of buildings

https://goo.gl/photos/WsRHpQvbwqFFKdsi9

Nice.  Conveniently buildings can be shot with cheaper glass.  Normally at f9-f13 so fast glass isn't necessary.  Just optical quality.  Of course they normally come together, but the el cheap I pancake lens is probably not a bad start

I probably shot most of that with waaaaaay too much aperture. Was good to get the camera back out though

, Mobil 1 has an annual protection oil where the oil and filter would be about 50 bucks. Thinking about doing that on the vehicles from now on

Shit, I pay about $60 every few months for oil and filters.  At one time I was doing every car at least twice a year.  Fuck!  That's $500!

More Audi drama. . . . 

Time to sell Ryan? The audi/vdubs from that era are terrible with electronic gremlins

21 hours ago, MKader17 said:

, Mobil 1 has an annual protection oil where the oil and filter would be about 50 bucks. Thinking about doing that on the vehicles from now on

Mercedes BMW VAG all have long service intervals with oil changes. I usually change the oil twice a year just because, but they don't need it.

Anything has a long service interval with a real filter and full synth.  Doesnt mean I follow that as I prefer clean oil.  Caddy gets 3k or so and done on full synth

5 hours ago, S.DeYoung said:

Time to sell Ryan? The audi/vdubs from that era are terrible with electronic gremlins

I wish I could sell it, but in it's current condition, I only feel it's worth about half what I paid.  I'll dump some more time and a little money into it before I give up. I'm pretty handy with a wrench and parts so far have been cheap enough.

5 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Anything has a long service interval with a real filter and full synth.  Doesnt mean I follow that as I prefer clean oil.  Caddy gets 3k or so and done on full synth

Boost is a whole different animal.  Every boosted vehicle I've owned had dirtied the oil twice as quick.   My turbo cars seemed to be notorious for this.   Dirty bastards!

Bit of a struggle with the new family dynamic. 

I never dreamed the hardest thing to date is being without my kids everyday. My son moved 2 hours away with his girlfriend and my daughter is hardly ever home. Guess after I have her college paid it just may be time to find a beach home. 

I think I would enjoy waking up in the islands selling conch shells to all the tourists. 

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Boost is a whole different animal.  Every boosted vehicle I've owned had dirtied the oil twice as quick.   My turbo cars seemed to be notorious for this.   Dirty bastards!

Yes they are, my FIL's eco boost was terribly dirty.

So what you are saying is that I need more boost

That requires meth so maybe in the spring