Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I always try to keep the work to a minimun..  short 12-15 hour days and spend the rest exploring the local places.

By explore places I mean practice binge drinking with stringe people for a couple weeks.

:D

6 hours ago, topgun said:

I thought that was standard practice for any work trip.  

Not when we go to Germany every autumn. 

4 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

It would have unreal potential.

Yes! 

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

I always try to keep the work to a minimun..  short 12-15 hour days and spend the rest exploring the local places.

By explore places I mean practice binge drinking with stringe people for a couple weeks.

:D

Ha, I resemble that statement.

Just got the call for fall ball.  Looks like I'll be starting practice in a couple weeks. 

I made a Facefuck page too so I could follow the park's page.  Hopefully, I can block idiots.  Never done the social media shit before, but it's going to prove beneficial for communication with parents, so why not.

I hope this goes well.

5 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I made a Facefuck page too so I could follow the park's page.  Hopefully, I can block idiots.  Never done the social media shit before, but it's going to prove beneficial for communication with parents, so why not.

If you want a couple friends on there let me know.

I never learn. 

It's fun in the heat of the moment, but when she leaves and you have to lay in a wet bed or step on a wet floor. . . . .

That is what her house is for.

Had the same phone number since I was a teen aged.  Someone spoofed it and poof

Gone.

Sean I sent you a text.  Don't know if it's going through.

:Doh:  got the text while driving to Grand Forks.

Had a great view of the eclipse on the centerline of totality just South of Cairo, NE.  

I am coaching Lindsey's son's soccer team starting next week.  No idea where the time is going to be found.

Humpday.  Sale on the store. :)

I'll be damned......how ya'll did/do fulltime school and work is beyond me. Just 2 online classes and 2 in person photography classes is kicking my ass in a sense. 

J

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I'll be damned......how ya'll did/do fulltime school and work is beyond me. Just 2 online classes and 2 in person photography classes is kicking my ass in a sense. 

J

You got this Jordan.  I had no choice as I didn't take any loans out for under grad or grad school. 

A rust-free, rolling 2nd gen Miata shell (transmission, doors, subframes, brakes, part of the interior) is going up for auction locally. Starting price, $130, needs to be hauled away. With paperwork. And it's advertised on the local Miata facebook group. 

Cheap ($500-600) 2nd gen Miatas can be found in the UK, perfect to swap over all the parts needed. 

This is the perfect opportunity to get a rust-free Miata for $1000, registered. 

That would be awesome.

I wish I still had the time you have.  Sounds FUN!

17 hours ago, Godsmack said:

J

When it has to be done it has to be done.  

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I wish I still had the time you have.  Sounds FUN!

Does it look like I have spare time? :D

I have parts waiting to go on for years :(

18 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

That would be awesome.

It helps that just an hour ago I sold the rear diff which I bought by mistake. So now I have funds to spare. And the October Jeep trip takes me 120 miles from the place of the Miata shell, so I could combine the trip. Auction ends Monday at noon. 

And in order to get the rest of the parts I need, I can convince my company to let me drive to France on my next business trip, so I will be able to get everything I need to have a running car. 

20 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

You got this Jordan.  I had no choice as I didn't take any loans out for under grad or grad school. 

I've taken out some due to piss poor prior planning in my part. 

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

When it has to be done it has to be done.  

Amen. No sense in bitching, just do it.

J

Okay random interesting question; budget is 300 dollars for airfare (no points) round trip for a 4 day weekend in a 'random' city in the US besides LA, NYC, LV, Chicago, Dallas, and DC. Aka none of the MAJOR touristy spots. Where would you go and why? The purpose of the trip is to shoot photos, see some of the city only the locals really get, and experience the food.

A friend and I are debating doing this for a landscapes assignment. A new version of the 'college road trip'

J

Leaving from FL I assume?  How far are you willing to drive?