Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

And the guy sold it the first day, but never removed the ad.

Wow.  

I want old muscle but new interior.  Be a Fucking money pit of I got one...which makes me want it more

22 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Those things suck.  For nearly no more money you can get an electric lift desk that is SO MUCH better.

I thought those lifts were $$$$

I want old body, interior and sound with new chassis, driveability, and reliability.

11 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I want old body, interior and sound with new chassis, driveability, and reliability.

I should clarify an old interior is fine as long as it is ultra nice and has the capability of my current head unit.

13 hours ago, dem beats said:

I thought those lifts were $$$$

Mine was $420 (without desk top, but i reused my old one)

23 hours ago, nem said:

It is all good guys. I usually get ivy once for the year, but this year I clearly over looked sumac that was growing in the lilacs and trimmed that not realizing what it was. It looks like a got whipped with a belt from my waste to my neck.

No more trimming in shorts and muscle shirt. 

Thanks for the concern :)

Get well soon! I'm glad we don't have such poisonous weeds here.

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Yes, yes and yes! 

Yesterday I was driving the Miata to pick up the $100 Torsen and I thought...hey, I always wanted a restored old car and here I am driving it. 

I also borrowed a tuned ECU for the Jeep, I'm curious how it moves. 

Kitchen furniture for the apartment should be here on Tuesday. Beds, kitchen table and chairs are on their way from Poland. Bedroom dressers should be cut and ready for assembly next week. 

If all goes as planned I can post the "for rent" ad before mid-September, to hopefully catch the student migration. 

It's been an uphill battle to finish the apartment on time, both financially and physically. Four of my vacation days were sacrificed to sand the walls, plus almost all the afternoons and weekends to install flooring, doors, shower, help with tiling, buying stuff, haul materials etc. 

THE END IS NEAR! 

I realised that one of my relaxation outlets was to zone out while doing seemingly mindless activities, like fiberglassing, making subwoofers, working on small detailed stuff, without interruptions and pressure to finish in the same day. 

20 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I want old muscle but new interior.  Be a Fucking money pit of I got one...which makes me want it more

Btw, the 68 Galaxie had the most comfortable bucket seats I've ever sat in

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Mine was $420 (without desk top, but i reused my old one)

Ah.  When I looked it was much more.

My wife found an architects table desk.  It is the same brand and style as the one my aunt had from turn of the century.  I haven't finished It, but I restored the wood and removed most of the top.  I need to put a finish on it before I need to sand it again lol

I think I paid nothing or maybe a few bucks.  They just wanted it gone 

Almost exactly like this.

fWi4KC1gIVhjRpCh3FOwL3EAQYASABEgL5xfD_BwE

Fuck that link.

If you search Hamilton drafting table with drawers you get it lol.

Enough room for three 26" 19:9 monitors with a snick of clearance in a curved panorama. Hahaha

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Asshole

lol, I almost broke a phone watching it! Then I got laughed at....:ehh:

First repair on the ole '02 IS.  Due to some serious rain storms 2 weeks ago coming home from the office, I had to divert to pick up Lindsey's son on the way.  Well that part of Baltimore is at or below sea level and one street I was not familiar with, had what appeared to be just covered in a light layer.  Well, I was wrong, there was a dip in the road with a pothole and a headlight deep puddle.  The passengers side front hit really hard.  The next day, the sound of a damaged wheel bearing started and got worse the last couple weeks.  Due to serious work load between both jobs and picking up some paid writing on the side, I've had zero time to tinker on the car myself (let alone have a weekend to limp the car up to Neal) and the two local garages were booked up deep into September, I was forced to call the Lexus of Annapolis (I should have known those two words in the same sentence means extra extra spendy).  Parts and labor for one wheel bearing on theIS: $590.  Positive note, they are giving me a loaner for free (which is awesome, because it is fucking brutal driving the Mazda that has dead rear race shocks that the car sits on the bump stops) this evening and still to this date, the car has had no failures of it's own volition outside of the already dead headlight leveling sensors when I bought the car nearly 2 years ago, averaging 17,500 a year on it, and 6k on the Mazda.

1 hour ago, Jay-C76 said:

lol, I almost broke a phone watching it! Then I got laughed at....:ehh:

Thankfully I had a pillow under my phone lol

44 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

First repair on the ole '02 IS.  Due to some serious rain storms 2 weeks ago coming home from the office, I had to divert to pick up Lindsey's son on the way.  Well that part of Baltimore is at or below sea level and one street I was not familiar with, had what appeared to be just covered in a light layer.  Well, I was wrong, there was a dip in the road with a pothole and a headlight deep puddle.  The passengers side front hit really hard.  The next day, the sound of a damaged wheel bearing started and got worse the last couple weeks.  Due to serious work load between both jobs and picking up some paid writing on the side, I've had zero time to tinker on the car myself (let alone have a weekend to limp the car up to Neal) and the two local garages were booked up deep into September, I was forced to call the Lexus of Annapolis (I should have known those two words in the same sentence means extra extra spendy).  Parts and labor for one wheel bearing on theIS: $590.  Positive note, they are giving me a loaner for free (which is awesome, because it is fucking brutal driving the Mazda that has dead rear race shocks that the car sits on the bump stops) this evening and still to this date, the car has had no failures of it's own volition outside of the already dead headlight leveling sensors when I bought the car nearly 2 years ago, averaging 17,500 a year on it, and 6k on the Mazda.

Holy shit, for that I could have done both fronts with new hubs along with replacing upper and lower control arms on both side and alignment.

I do understand you are super busy, but we need to set up a once a year visit so I can go over your vehicles.

Just now, nem said:

Holy shit, for that I could have done both fronts with new hubs along with replacing upper and lower control arms on both side and alignment.

I do understand you are super busy, but we need to set up a once a year visit so I can go over your vehicles.

Yeah, I want to keep doing that with the full fluid treatment.  Planning to order sways shortly.  So end links will probably have to get done too.

Loaner is a brand new NX200t.  Plucky and comfy small ute.  Loads of tech and modern features I have never had personally.

18 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Yeah, I want to keep doing that with the full fluid treatment.  Planning to order sways shortly.  So end links will probably have to get done too.

Work weekend!