Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Isn't there a Joe's garage or the equivalent.  I can't stomach even getting close to a dealer service department. Merc is particularly shitty

It's Lexus.  They're not German.  You can count on their service department doing it right.

I trust a guy named Jamie for stuff like that.  Not a dealer.  It wasn't that the Merc dealer didn't get the job done right, but fuck leave me alone.  The whole atmosphere bugged the shit out of me.  I suppose when you are driving an AMG they put a lets treat you like XXXX tag on you.

I only offer fair treatment at my garage. Irritating to most. ;) 

Yearly gun shoot coming up next Saturday and I have 3 new ones that will finally get shot!

Welts are gone and only discolored dry skin remains!

Fuck sumac!

The only color allowed on the farm. He has several tractors that is his favorite currently. 

Been watching Irma's path of destruction, very sad :(

I have been worried for all our Texas and Florida friends and family on SSA, as well as everyone else.  Mike's fam etc.  

I hope everyone is ok.

I am tired.  My poor 8 year old is exhausted however.

We had soccer, soccer and soccer.  Aidan & Tanner both had a game yesterday.  Last night we went to the Loons game and then today Aidan had 3 games.   Little dude was by far the MVP on heart alone.  Proud papa for that.

8 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

I was actually in the middle of writing a post about how I had reached my breaking point with Harvey a couple weeks ago. I made the (probably correct) decision to not go down to Baytown the weekend the hurricane hit, but my heart was breaking as my friend were out there helping people in the flood waters and I was just going to work like it was no big deal. I would have had to miss work because I would not have been able to make it back, but who cares.

With the help of a friend, I decided that I could help by setting up donations in San Antonio and taking them down the next weekend. In a couple days I was able to get a 12ft enclosed trailer and fill it to the brim with donations. The donations ended up going to a local neighborhood and the rest to a local church. I was able to help a few families clean their house and help one of my best friends family gut a small "shop/apartment" to try to rebuild. There house was destroyed, so they just tried to get things out.

IMG_20170901_192323906_HDR_zpssbpvysme.j

IMG_20170902_152051131_HDR_zpsvg2eeujk.j

IMG_20170902_170040279_zps6oz6hphv.jpg

download_20170903_225440_zpsslwcg9xf.jpg

download_20170903_225445_zps5jjejiz8.jpg

Kudos for stepping up.  We've never had Hurricanes up here, but the floods have left similar carnage to my family and friends and the most important thing is to dig in a team up to help conquer.  Rebuilding alone is not possible.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:23 PM, ///M5 said:

Isn't there a Joe's garage or the equivalent.  I can't stomach even getting close to a dealer service department. Merc is particularly shitty

Yes, there are a few around, but all were booked well out, plus none have a loaner car and none will wash the car, etc.

15 hours ago, MKader17 said:

I was actually in the middle of writing a post about how I had reached my breaking point with Harvey a couple weeks ago. I made the (probably correct) decision to not go down to Baytown the weekend the hurricane hit, but my heart was breaking as my friend were out there helping people in the flood waters and I was just going to work like it was no big deal. I would have had to miss work because I would not have been able to make it back, but who cares.

With the help of a friend, I decided that I could help by setting up donations in San Antonio and taking them down the next weekend. In a couple days I was able to get a 12ft enclosed trailer and fill it to the brim with donations. The donations ended up going to a local neighborhood and the rest to a local church. I was able to help a few families clean their house and help one of my best friends family gut a small "shop/apartment" to try to rebuild. There house was destroyed, so they just tried to get things out.

IMG_20170901_192323906_HDR_zpssbpvysme.j

IMG_20170902_152051131_HDR_zpsvg2eeujk.j

IMG_20170902_170040279_zps6oz6hphv.jpg

download_20170903_225440_zpsslwcg9xf.jpg

download_20170903_225445_zps5jjejiz8.jpg

Awesome work! :)

Amazing Mike!

Like Sean, no hurricanes, but I spent a lot of time in Grand Forks and that looks a lot like the scenes around those properties. 

I'll take the tornados.  They usually just wipe everything out so all you have to do is excavate and rebuild.  Water is a bitch!

Ubering in a Nissan sentra.  Holy piece of shit

7 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I'll take the tornados.  They usually just wipe everything out so all you have to do is excavate and rebuild.  Water is a bitch!

I'll take hurricanes. Plenty of time to say, "fuck this I'm out" before it hits.

A nado dropped in urban Mpls.  It almost knocked over my childhood home.

Thank God everyone was safe and somehow the house was.  Then again. Insurance would have made me wealthy.....

Second thought...

Fuck that place. Ha!

Looks like I'll be headed to Novi Michigan at the end of October

2 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Looks like I'll be headed to Novi Michigan at the end of October

:gayhaaay1: from the west side of state