Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Should we have a "Fall Friends & Family ampliFier" sale?

3 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

No, because I'm getting ready to sell all my shit.

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Don't bother with the M.  The catastrophe you will have in reliability is just not worth it and the 5.0 is ridiculously effective.  3 stop lights in a row a Lambo couldn't leave me.  AWD and torque are awesome.  I am a HUGE M fan, but these days the possibility of ridiculous repair bills make them unobtanium.  Damn AMG taught me that.

...of course I still really NEED an S8.

S8+*

19 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

How about just on the SSA amps? ;)

On 9/21/2017 at 7:03 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

IF you want to move some inventory during the economically slow session of the year, then he'll yeah it's a good idea!!

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to grab some....As much as I personally would love a set.

On 9/20/2017 at 9:56 PM, ///M5 said:

As long as you get it up to final temp all is ok.  Can always tell because a fork will tear it.

I ended up doing about 10 hours at 250 degrees or so, for a 4lb hunk of meat. Final meat temp was 155, which it reached and sat at for about 4hrs. 

Was dinner for guests and they couldn't get enough, so I'm happy. Was the corned beef kind, so that biotch was salty AF. Hehe

20 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Anything worth buying?!

On 9/20/2017 at 9:59 PM, ///M5 said:

You shouldn't need audio mayhem to come here.  Miss you round these parts.

Always a pleasure to be here,  you guys are some of my favorite peeps!

Any way to turn a black theme on, for the SSA mobile app? The white screen is killing me

I get the key switch installed on the Mustang, and the fugging mechanical fuel pump died. The neighbor gives me a new pump in the box, thats for a 302. I think we are cleaver until I get it installed. All but done and realize the damn thing is hitting the aftermarket steering pump bracket.

No automatic alt text available.

I have a brand new Holley blue electric pump I was going to install. I start looking for a mounting point below the tank and see I will need to build a bracket. Not that big of deal. The regulator needs mounted near the carb, again no major worries. I had a Carter vain style pump on my Beast and it never failed me once. Then again I could buy a replacement mechanical pump and install it in a half hour and be done with it. Perhaps buy a mechanical Holley or Edelbrock.

My question for you wrench heads is any experience with the Holley electric pump? Experience with either name brand mechanical pump? Or should I just get a good factory replacement?

Fuel pressure was always good at 7 psi with the original pump. As much as I love modifying stuff, I'm trying to think of the point of diminishing returns.

Mechanical pump.  KISS.

9 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I ended up doing about 10 hours at 250 degrees or so, for a 4lb hunk of meat. Final meat temp was 155, which it reached and sat at for about 4hrs. 

Was dinner for guests and they couldn't get enough, so I'm happy. Was the corned beef kind, so that biotch was salty AF. Hehe

Brined 140f is fine, fresh needs to hit 195f or so

I've had one take 12 hours to go from 165 to 170f

Fun day over here, need to do some coolant flushes.  

Coolant flush reminds me of headgaskets, which reminds me of Northstars, which reminds me of your Caddy, which is still your avatar.  Weird how my mind works.

Need to do it on my Buick and my Fiat.  The radiator is at the shop getting fixed for the Fiat, need to get all the crap cleaned out of it before it goes back together.  

If the headgasket goes in the Buick it'll get fixed.  I sold the Cadillac to fix my problem.  The guy who bought it did fix the HG though.  

Coolant problems follow me around.  

If its in a cooling system, its blown up on me.  

You won't have any headgasket issues on the Buick, but the intake manifold is a different story.  The Series II had a fucked up EGR design that melted the plastic.  They came out with a revised manifold that fixed the problems, but it wasn't until well into the 2000s.  The manifold gaskets were a similar story, again with revised gaskets coming out later.  That should be the only issues that should arise for you, and if it's supercharged, you should be golden as they used a different gasket.

No plastic intake on this one, its supercharged.  Its also an '05

Last year of the Parkie Ultras.  

I'd love to replace the Lumina with another '05 Parkie.  

24 minutes ago, topgun said:

Maybe I should own nicer vehicles.  

Or better engineered atleast.

17 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Mechanical pump.  KISS.

Thanks for advising good sir. I ordered an oem style Carter. 

Getting ready to hit the buy it now button and read a review about the pump being longer. The Carter and all other replacements I can find are the crimped together style. They measure an inch longer than the original and hit the swaybar. It's a no go. Sooo scrap that idea.

While measuring the original,  I noticed it is the bolt together rebuildable type. My question for you Ryan is have you ever rebuilt one? If so anything I should know or look out for while rebuilding or sourcing a rebuild kit?