Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I'm going to the powder puff game tonite. The only way to watch footy footy football!

9 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Sounds like you speak from experience. Haha

I've killed 3...finally bought a good one.  Last one I left plugged in actually shut my car down randomly while driving.  I've had a good one plugged in now for 3 years.

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

We have lots of "nature" around the house, but nothing invasive.  Flying squirrels, small lizards, and a wide array of small spiders.

Deer have demolished about 100 of my 300 hostas

Wants mods: 8809d1157676924-bgwillys-badass-is300-mo

11 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Wants mods: 8809d1157676924-bgwillys-badass-is300-mo

Sure, pick the one with the Garrett GT35R and Getrag V160.  400Hp in something that size would be fun, but for that effort I'd just sell it and the ISF.

I drove the Lincoln tonight cuz I was going to this chick's house.  She said her roommate was home, so I figured I could fuck her in the Town Car if we couldn't be alone.  Turns out the roommate is a freak and likes to listen.  Huh?!  I get outside to leave and my fucking drive tire is flat and my jack and spare are in the pole barn.  WTF?  I get around the corner to the gas station and it's $2.50 to use the damn air compressor.  Fucking insane.

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Sure, pick the one with the Garrett GT35R and Getrag V160.  400Hp in something that size would be fun, but for that effort I'd just sell it and the ISF.

I'd love a GTE swap with some silly T-6 sized goofy turbo, but that would not be ideal for daily driving.  Heck, doing the swap in the wagon version with a manual transmission swap too, would be a cool sleeper.  But reality hits and I have to replace both rear shocks on the RX8 to get it back to functional.  As for the ISF, that is a killer car, but no manual.

I have to admit that I didn't like driving the isf at all

I've had 2 butts on the smoker now for 16hours.  Have to leave for the bday party in 45 minutes and they are only at 155.  :(

I went to bed at 10pm and the temp read 147.6.  I woke up at 5am and the temp read 147.6 so I indexed the temp to 250..  At 7am they read 147.8 so I upped it to 300.  Little frightened I am drying out my beautiful butts but have no choice.  Lunch is at 12 and it is a bit more than 2 hours away when towing the boat.

I've never had a butt take 18 hours.  12-16 is normal.  Leave it to the time I need it done.

5 minutes ago, topgun said:

How big are they? 

7.5 and 8.5 lbs

5 minutes ago, topgun said:

Your temp probe correct? 

I checked that at 5am as I thought WTF?  I've seen a plateau hang out like that but never exact, lol.  I wasn't using the Stoker log though so I only had the instantaneous temp.  My thermapen was within 2 degrees and that could easily been based solely on location.

At 300F now and climbing about a degree every 5 minutes.  there is HOPE!

Wow.   I've never had them run past 2hrs per pound.  

After the plateau I've cracked it up to 325 with zero problem.  

Hasn't had a plateau that low either, mine are the 160ish range. 

The long car ride in foil and coolers may be enough to finish depending on what they get to.... 

3 minutes ago, topgun said:

Hasn't had a plateau that low either, mine are the 160ish range. 

Yep.  The whole thing was strange....but fuck do they smell good