Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

1 minute ago, topgun said:

The long car ride in foil and coolers may be enough to finish depending on what they get to.... 

The most important stage is over at least.  The collagen has broken down.  The rest I am hopeful will get close at least.

After that plateau I don't think one can hurt a big piece of pig.  

I use a temp probe, but don't really pay a whole lot of attention to it. May the first hour or two just to make sure things are rolling.

Image may contain: food

The last 4 butts I smoked. Man did the cooler I hauled them in stink afterwards.

2 people died here yesterday, after hitting a bear on the interstate. I have never seen as many encounters as have been reported this year. They claim the bears are reproducing more bc there is a readily available food source present.

Think I might have outsmarted the skunk thats been breaking into my chicken coupe. Internet claimed to bury an 18" obstruction. I piled 18" of river rock and brick inside the fence, with dirt and sand on it. Figure this way the skunk will do the digging for me!

Butts always fuck me over like that Sean. 

If I'm. Extremely nervous I pop them in the oven with foil in a big ceramic dish.  If they aren't too dry I might keep them on the smoker and either add a water tray as I bring the heat up, or just put them on a tray.

It's probably better to leave them undisturbed and just turn up the heat. 

I just get paranoid.

Butts are so forgiving. One of the first butts I cooked I let the egg lick flames out the top (over 500 on the dome),pretty much killed the fire overnight and finished at 275ish. It was still so good.

I use an electric smoker with a water pan inside and have yet to of overcooked anything.

Peng! How are you?  How is your part of texas??

Hope things are well!

We were talking about brisket so he assumed.

Nope... actually thought I saw a post from him.....

I was on 4 hours of sleep, 400 kcal total eaten for the day and about 7700kcal burned according to the fitbit.

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

Nope... actually thought I saw a post from him.....

I was on 4 hours of sleep, 400 kcal total eaten for the day and about 7700kcal burned according to the fitbit.

Running on auto-pilot and doin' work... NOICE!

Ultra busy weekend.  Personal highlights were loads of SSA emails caught up, hike with Arthur, rear track springs replaced on RX8, track wheels and tires put on theIS, then taken back off due to a tiny suspension rub, ordered 15mm wheel spacers for theIS to correct the issue.

But wait you say, why the F are there fatties on the daily and skinnies on the racecar.  Well, the wheels are all interchangeable due to 114.3x5 pattern, and the RPF1's need new rubber.  So it is have a little more fun with the daily while the weather allows, then save up for new rubber for the Mazda for next year.

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Running on auto-pilot and doin' work... NOICE!

I'm being leveraged aggressively.  Winds of change are blowing though.  Things will be extremely interesting.

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Image may contain: text

That is amazing.

Thinky pain.  Lol

Image may contain: dog and outdoor

Was really coming down this morning. This is Cleo and its her first time seeing snow!

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

I'm being leveraged aggressively.  Winds of change are blowing though.  Things will be extremely interesting.

Duck on water baby, duck on water. :D