Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I wear a motorcycle helmet....although it is a Motocross one.  I have extra gear, but not sure you can get into it.  As for being warm in board shorts, that can be the case on a 20F degree day but if we go out at -10f you need some layers.  I wear really a goretex/eVent layer and a wool shirt and a polarfleece sweater at -20F.  My riding buddies at that point have 3 jackets on.

Fleece is my jam.  We will be good them.  I have goggles though.

:-D

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

Fleece is my jam.  We will be good them.  I have goggles though.

:-D

Biggest problem with a full face helmet is fogging.  I will make you breath heavy too.

54 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Biggest problem with a full face helmet is fogging.  I will make you breath heavy too.

You always make me breathe heavy big boy!

The brisket didn't end up getting pulled until nine o'clock last night.  Good thing I had a back up plan.

I did slow and low. Uncovered in a pan at 235 for the around 6 hrs. Then covered and bumped up to 250 for 5hrs. Drained about half the juice and smoked one more hour uncovered. Placed in the cooler at 9pm and left it for the night. 

No marinade. Just rinsed and a homemade rub of brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika and chili powder. I used apple wood for the first half, then switched to mesquite the rest of the way. 

When I checked this morning, it pulled apart with a fork and was still nice and moist! Taste test tonight!

I had the sweet potatos and asparagus prepped for sides. Will be an easy dinner for the W tonight. :)

We had tech difficulties though, (user error) or would of been done on time. Started it the night before, but the timer got set wrong. So just chilled in there for the first night. Bahaha

I got it to plateau right at 195 for the last couple hrs. Could of left it longer and wouldn't of went up.

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

This is what I wear

10193-black-white-fly-racing-f2-carbon-v

My helmet is a pinch different.

helmet.png

18 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

My helmet is a pinch different.

helmet.png

Vlad put his small crash last year down to not being used to wearing a helmet. 

I drove almost 30 miles with the helmet on on the way to the event. Strange feeling to have a helmet on in the car. 

Auto X has to be a bitch for peripheral.  Road racing, you can easily see the course.  I get tripped up by the cones just watching them.

Finally got this thing installed and plumbed this morning. 

22279754_1542931582437289_2473564536588016838_n.jpg?oh=1d48933f27a51050d02171af6f1db108&oe=5A77A457

Took a few attempts and trips to the hardware store to get the lines in a decent spot.

No automatic alt text available.

I dismantled the original, just for inspection. Come to find out was a poorly seated valve, and not the diaphragm. Either way was the only part not replaced in the fuel system, so was needed anyways.

22195988_1542932375770543_1152508376899442208_n.jpg?oh=15f22af5885c0205663863cf6255f644&oe=5A467637

The right side of the top valve.^

A couple taps with a socket and hammer before putting back together and hanging on the wall for art.^

And the beefier guts of the Edelbrock, Since I had to disassemble to clock the housing.

Now to re-tune the Holley for about the 20th time. I'm kinda pissed that I have been tuning against the pump this whole time, but oh well. :)

Came out with about 3mm of clearance between the steering pump, fuel line and fuel pump. 3mm is as good as a mile anyways!

5 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Vlad put his small crash last year down to not being used to wearing a helmet. 

I drove almost 30 miles with the helmet on on the way to the event. Strange feeling to have a helmet on in the car. 

I prefer it, now if I had a race seat and a 4-point, I would be even better. :)

I can wear a helmet in car.  No fucking way there is enough headroom.  Hell in the Escalade I can't sit up straight.  Lucky bastards.

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Auto X has to be a bitch for peripheral.  Road racing, you can easily see the course.  I get tripped up by the cones just watching them.

Yes, there is a serious adjustment period, and you have to mentally tattoo the course into your head.  To the point where you are seeing it in your sleep months later when it doesn't matter.  I would love to road course race, but there is really none within reasonable distance of Baltimore/Annapolis, outside of going to West Virginia.  I have Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca burned into my head, just in case I were to ever get the chance.

52 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I can wear a helmet in car.  No fucking way there is enough headroom.  Hell in the Escalade I can't sit up straight.  Lucky bastards.

#answerisalwaysmiata 

Or this of course:

InterClubHCR-536.jpg

21 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

#answerisalwaysmiata 

Miata Is Always The Answer

Hey guys, how's it been. Anyone have a cheap point and shoot camera recommendation? I'm going on vacation and want something other than my phone for taking pics.