Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

28 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Do tell.

If I want to spend 2x as much for half the performance I'd prefer to buy Apple.

I don't think you should exactly build a machine, but buying low and adding parts is 99% a bad idea

Cheep machines use cheep power supplies.  I would rather have a good brand highly rated and very efficient power supply take 10% more of my budget and take from performance. 

My machine is a workstation.  Ask Aaron about the computing power I donate to the cause.  Built by someone, 6k. Built at home, 2200 and it's now Methuselah but I purchased smart, haven't overcooked, but when I do, I will outperform the newest top end parts.  Coincidentally, because of hhow Adobe and other software is optimized I will actually have better speeds running editing software than the newer and way way way more expensive parts.

Watch linus tech tips.  The read on Anand tech.  Once you get a basic grasp on computer assembly you will never be forced into a machine you don't want.  It's liberating.  And fucking cheep.

5 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

About 500 dollars worth of fertilizer. :P

I just left that in the throne room.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Really? I thought it was the same platform but swoopy.

The small Lexus SUV is awesome for a lady vehicle!  It would kill it at the mall and whole foods!

NEVER.  Fucking hate Lexus.  Ugly, shitty interiors, and no Android Auto.

X4 is the same chassis so the swoopy makes it smaller.  Non-driveable for me.  x6 is too big.

...wondering if the Macan has a decent back seat.

I may end up in an X3 next week.

Would I want to kill myself if I had to live with that Sean?  Like VS a 335?

The 4 cylinder is terrible.

My space problem is in the backseat and how to get it the front seat gets encroached on.

Imagine for a moment that I can let go of a right foot need and I just want to get around.

I plan on getting a second car to make my testicles happy.... but it might not be for a while.

Are you saying you want a toaster?

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

Grand Cherokee Summit or SRT. Base models suck, but the fit and finish on the Summit and SRT are stellar. Harman Kardon tunes is a nice bonus. The SRT is the Hemi version!! But the V6 in the summit is plenty powerful. I cant say 0% interest and lifetime warranty suck either.

I would think they might as well be considered a European company at this point. lol

I saw a X3 yesterday and damn that thing is ugly for a beamer. 

SRT is regrettably too big and probably unwieldy for my wife.  She wants as small as possible but with a back seat.  If I wasn't 6'7" it wouldn't be so hard.

On 10/13/2017 at 10:02 PM, j-roadtatts said:

I might have come up there and show you guys how to ride a sled. :D

Problem is we don't have deep snow here, in that perhaps you could but in the ditches you will wonder where the hell I am as I disappeared right in front of you.

I also want a car for me that she drives.  Then when we go anywhere together I will drive it.  Also will personally use it for errands when she is home.  If I can free up the Escalade for purely recreational use I can turn the wick up a bit more.

Don't have an extra garage stall for a toy atm...and hate driving her X3 with the whole family.

Partly because the car bores me and even worse sounds like a tractor.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

NEVER.  Fucking hate Lexus.  Ugly, shitty interiors, and no Android Auto.

X4 is the same chassis so the swoopy makes it smaller.  Non-driveable for me.  x6 is too big.

...wondering if the Macan has a decent back seat.

I was just hoping to get your BP up.

Lol

Macan is amazing.  It's the class leader, by a lot.  As in I might like that more than a cayenne, if you take out the right foot.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Are you saying you want a toaster?

Hypothetical that I am getting a consolation prize from BMW for all the nightmares.

So I have to lean into need and not want.  Also you know the whole rest of my life.  I just need to get around for a few months without the weight of that 550 on my back. 

So stuck in the bottom levels of BMWs line up....

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

The 4 cylinder is terrible.

My space problem is in the backseat and how to get it the front seat gets encroached on.

Compared to the 550 what is room Like?  Better than a 3 sedan?

The 2017 seems like it would be pretty good. I doubt I'll be looking at '18s.

I think I will be happier with a slow X3 than a slow 3 sedan.

:-/

I'm going to be annoyed.  At least it will all be less annoyed and safer than Helga.

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

Imagine for a moment that I can let go of a right foot need and I just want to get around.

I plan on getting a second car to make my testicles happy.... but it might not be for a while.

I can speak from experience and tell you, it will quickly eat at you and you will begin to see your "economy" choice as the wrong choice.

43 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I can speak from experience and tell you, it will quickly eat at you and you will begin to see your "economy" choice as the wrong choice.

Yeah.. I know.

I'm kind of in a weird situation where I cannot have what I would like.

Maybe I can just really really work my tongue and snatch a delux sport 335, x4, or x5.

The 2017 x3 looks ok.  Even with the 4cyl.  

I just have to remember it's basically a free car....

I still have the crotch rocket.  

I'll spend winter fucking with that and sell or make it comfy enough to be on.

Maybe really sink deep into 911 research, find the right year and trim, then find that car.

Your experiences have taught me much Ryan. 

From watching you I am going to just tell myself that this is the DD.... And the sports car is in the shop.  I don't know who's shop, but I'm sure they are getting her ready for me.

Lol

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Volvo XC60 perhaps.

I am expecting the new one to be nice as the 90 surely is...but a first year volvo is like playing russian roulette.

4 hours ago, dem beats said:

The 2017 seems like it would be pretty good. I doubt I'll be looking at '18s.

I think I will be happier with a slow X3 than a slow 3 sedan.

:-/

I'm going to be annoyed.  At least it will all be less annoyed and safer than Helga.

The 6 with the sport package is nice, the 4 somewhat a toaster.

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

You just need to say fuck it and put snow tires on a mustang.

Your experiences have taught me much Ryan. 

From watching you I am going to just tell myself that this is the DD.... And the sports car is in the shop.  I don't know who's shop, but I'm sure they are getting her ready for me.

Lol

So it has to be a BM'er?

2 series?  

8 hours ago, dem beats said:

I don't think you should exactly build a machine, but buying low and adding parts is 99% a bad idea

Cheep machines use cheep power supplies.  I would rather have a good brand highly rated and very efficient power supply take 10% more of my budget and take from performance. 

My machine is a workstation.  Ask Aaron about the computing power I donate to the cause.  Built by someone, 6k. Built at home, 2200 and it's now Methuselah but I purchased smart, haven't overcooked, but when I do, I will outperform the newest top end parts.  Coincidentally, because of hhow Adobe and other software is optimized I will actually have better speeds running editing software than the newer and way way way more expensive parts.

Watch linus tech tips.  The read on Anand tech.  Once you get a basic grasp on computer assembly you will never be forced into a machine you don't want.  It's liberating.  And fucking cheep.

Trying to build a similar setup to this 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883795901&ignorebbr=1

$580

came up with this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TcB8pb

$675