Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

8 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Even with the practice we're getting, she needs some extra conditioning :P

MORE practice

45 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Can't have 10 cups a day though.  16grams of beans per double.

Two cups from the French press and I'm zinging. 

Just now, j-roadtatts said:

Some of the best coffee I have had.

https://www.kauaicoffee.com/our-hawaiian-coffees/

they sell four flavors that are single bean variety. Can drink free coffee all day long if you go there.

Nice.  I don't see green beans on their site though :(  Coffee beans are great from about 3-12 days after roasting.  First couple and they haven't outgassed enough and after 12 they lose the capability to release their oils nicely.  In the metro here there are at least 60 shops that sell beans roasted that day or close.  Makes a HUGE difference.  Bigger than going from a good bean to a bad bean.

I can't stand bitter ass water.

Just now, j-roadtatts said:

Two cups from the French press and I'm zinging. 

It gets me harder than espresso.  Something more gentle about it in every way.  Sure way to get me to take a dumb is a monster size strong french press.

Just now, Tirefryr said:

I can't stand bitter ass water.

Coffee here isn't bitter.  Every single person that has had one here that normally takes sugar in a coffee to deal with that says they don't need it.

but as we know my stomach asks for different shit than yours

The problem is the grinder.  Used you can probably get buy with $200 for a grinder and $400-600 for a machine.

Rancilio Silvia with PID mod is the budget machine (from when I shopped).  Add a Macap Stepless and you will have an AWESOME setup.

It is what I bought for my parents.

Sean, would I be happy with a French press and maybe making my own cold press if I'm looking for more zap and less foam now a days? 

I still can't "find " money for an espresso machine.....

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

Legs alone.  Squatting properly means your whole body was involved.  Especially if you develop all squat styles.  Legs can have their own day.  The rest of your body you can rest, but you will still have to walk all week while you recover.  Etcetcetc

Hit shoulders with chest.  Focus on overhead press with perfect posture.  You won't need any extra triceps work.  For chest concentrate on dips and incline as a bench substitute. 

Back and biceps are classic and the only thing I could even suggest is a 4 day split where you hit arms and calves on their own day to take off the big muscle groups.  I also feel forearms, calves, and core can be hit almost every day within reason.  Especially if your trying to push up your big big lifts.  I circuit my legs and back every day and do heavy 3 days a week at the moment with a lot of mild to moderate cardio .  A lot of that is furniture moving so YMMV.

The system I'm talking about is more for health and not focusing on gaining the most muscle or anything.  Just not losing any while cutting.  It's also postural related to help my back.  

I stretch before bed too, Yoga is your best bet IMHO.

Sweet! 

I will have to start her off with easier stuff, not directly overhead press, to get the posture correct.

Its funny the current subject matter as my grind and brew Cuisinart is dying a slow death.  I have had it well over 10 years now and it has been used nearly every single day.  I don't want to drop the $200 to replace it right this moment. :(

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

It gets me harder than espresso.  Something more gentle about it in every way.  Sure way to get me to take a dumb is a monster size strong french press.

Works everytime :slayer:

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Nice.  I don't see green beans on their site though :(  Coffee beans are great from about 3-12 days after roasting.  First couple and they haven't outgassed enough and after 12 they lose the capability to release their oils nicely.  In the metro here there are at least 60 shops that sell beans roasted that day or close.  Makes a HUGE difference.  Bigger than going from a good bean to a bad bean.

Quite a few roasters up here too. Can usually find stuff that's not too stagnant. 

Image may contain: cloud, sky, nature and outdoor

Pic I took of the coffee plantation in Kauai. The ocean is just beyond. 

To be there right now....

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

Sean, would I be happy with a French press and maybe making my own cold press if I'm looking for more zap and less foam now a days? 

I still can't "find " money for an espresso machine.....

Try an Aeropress.  Add a good grinder and it is the best budget setup.  Peruse craigslist for Mazzer, Macap and the like.  Once you have the  grinder the coffee machine is easier.

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

Quite a few roasters up here too. Can usually find stuff that's not too stagnant. 

I am sure.  CO & MN have a ton in common.

42 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

That's what I was just thinking looking through the pictures. 

I was quoted $5800 to do 320 sqft of flag stone patio. I think I can get the materials and tools for < $2k. Anyone done similar work/ have any tips? I think I'm most worried about digging 7" of dirt x320+ sq ft.

9 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

I think I'm most worried about digging 7" of dirt x320+ sq ft.

Thats what renting equipment is for.