Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Amazing scenery there. :)

Probably a big city.  I think my friends want to go because the like the rules about cannabis. 

I'm out of work for a while so the folks I haven't seen I  years are all trying to drag me around.

First night in Novi. Found an out of the way Sushi/Udon place that was hopping. Met a guy from Japan who is an engineering manager for a large German company, so that was cool. He told me he came to the place last weekend and couldn't get a seat.

31 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Probably a big city.  I think my friends want to go because the like the rules about cannabis. 

I'm out of work for a while so the folks I haven't seen I  years are all trying to drag me around.

Denver is a happening place, as I'm sure that's where you will end up. I would probably suggest staying around the Cherry Creek area. As that is where all the best restaurants and dankest things are located.

Which place Michael?  I stay in that area too often...

I want sushi for breakfast.

Fucking keyboard shit the bed and ALL my backups have keys that don't work.  I used to have piles of keyboard.... FML.

My number gets spoofed, my RAID collapses, my Backup NAS dies, and now my mechanical keyboard goes belly up and all those redundant parts are shit!

Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh. Lol

Woo hoo!  Excuse to go shopping at microcenter.  Just need to not look at the new EVGA cards...

I will never again ingest sushi!

I won't ingest it 

today.

Lindsey and I love it, probably double it up every week.  A few decent places in the area that have very fresh fish due to our proximity to water. ;)

On 10/23/2017 at 10:04 PM, ///M5 said:

Which place Michael?  I stay in that area too often...

Ajishin

The guy from Japan ordered a fatty tuna Nigri and it was much more fatty. I think he got special treatment :P

12 hours ago, dem beats said:

Made it home with only a keyboard.

Boom!

Impressive!

Was hoping you would have bought my computer while there.

4 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Ajishin

The guy from Japan ordered a fatty tuna Nigri and it was much more fatty. I think he got special treatment :P

If you go there when there isn't a show, the customers are almost 100% Japanese.  Strange for metro Detroit.  So I am not surprised the honky didn't get treated as well.  I always order in Japanese hoping they notice :)

About my favorite place to eat around there.  Everything else is a bit too suburbia.  

What is funny is you can find tables at places like that, but if you go to a Steak house good luck.  All those sales people...

Hope to make it back there again. Not sure if it's closed because of the water situation. I mean, you boil water to make rice anyways right?

Any other recommendations? I've all but given up on steak places for quality. I can pan sear, oven finish one on an electric stove better than most places. That being said, sometimes I want steak! I just don't expect to be wow'ed

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

If you go there when there isn't a show, the customers are almost 100% Japanese.  Strange for metro Detroit.  So I am not surprised the honky didn't get treated as well.  I always order in Japanese hoping they notice :)

About my favorite place to eat around there.  Everything else is a bit too suburbia.  

What is funny is you can find tables at places like that, but if you go to a Steak house good luck.  All those sales people...

There is a time honored tradition of selling things while consuming over priced meat.

Sure the table theatrics aren't Steak Diane anymore, but don't speak ill of this fine tradition.

After a couple of weeks of nice growth, the market has taken a hard hit today.  Stash and Betterment are down.  So I am buying a few small ETFs while on the cheap. ;)

A lot of local places are open again but you only have to go a few miles south to avoid the water issue all together.

I will admit that people in the north generally take more pride in their food. I feel like every place I go to at least tries.

When you are back up here Sean, you should check out Red Dot Coffee for your fix. They are a good shop.

19 hours ago, dem beats said:

There is a time honored tradition of selling things while consuming over priced meat.

Sure the table theatrics aren't Steak Diane anymore, but don't speak ill of this fine tradition.

Steak places in Detroit are not what we have...

13 hours ago, MKader17 said:

A lot of local places are open again but you only have to go a few miles south to avoid the water issue all together.

I will admit that people in the north generally take more pride in their food. I feel like every place I go to at least tries.

And where you are is the south compared to here. :P

Sorry I didn't see your recommendation note earlier, but everything is pretty lackluster in that neck of the woods.

Sean is going to hate me for saying this, but I really like the 2017 IS300 AWD loaner we have.  Yes, much of that comes from the fact my daily driver is 15 years older than this IS300.   

$46k new.  Ouchies.