Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Iirc when I looked at the wireless cameras once apon a time, they still needed a power cord ran to them. Kind of defeated the wireless "thing". Although I'm sure they have a battery op one available somewhere.

32 minutes ago, nem said:

Can't get the diesel motor here.

Don't want it either.

33 minutes ago, nem said:

Can't get the diesel motor here.

Time to meet the right people and have them pull some strings!

I had a friend that put diesel in a gas engine once..lol what a mess

12 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

:lol::lol:

2 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

An acquaintance did the same once.  Amusingly the damn jeep didn't care as we continued on for another 50mi without a hiccup.

Tried the seafoam thought the sluggish acceleration was gone finally.. Joke was on me sure enough it re-appeared everything is new..Thinking may be a cracked distributor cap..Guess tomorrow i will trade it in for a brand new one it may be 6 months old if that has a lifetime warranty everything on the motor does now..Any suggestions guys?

9 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Tried the seafoam thought the sluggish acceleration was gone finally.. Joke was on me sure enough it re-appeared everything is new..Thinking may be a cracked distributor cap..Guess tomorrow i will trade it in for a brand new one it may be 6 months old if that has a lifetime warranty everything on the motor does now..Any suggestions guys?

Did you check the blinker fluid?  Or perhaps the gas is too strong and you just need to water down.  Maybe put some sugar in there too,  for the electrolytes.

17 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Even worse is putting gasoline in a diesel. At least the gasoline engine will run with the diesel. The diesel will not permit to gasoline .

Probably the electolytic converter.  Usually the problem.

Kind of considering another used Mazda hatch to take the daily beating and miles.  But, the pay off remaining debt voice is stronger.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

What is what car doing?

Just a slight miss on acceleration low rpms..some i can feel maybe at 55mph or so...But it dont do it all the time its just agravating as hell..no codes except a occasional random missfire p0300...starting to think maybe a plug wire is just arcing of at times...idk sometimes its fine then out of the blue crazy little miss 

19 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Just a slight miss on acceleration low rpms..some i can feel maybe at 55mph or so...But it dont do it all the time its just agravating as hell..no codes except a occasional random missfire p0300...starting to think maybe a plug wire is just arcing of at times...idk sometimes its fine then out of the blue crazy little miss 

Electrical gremlins suck. Perhaps test the resistance of the plug wires and/or test the coil(s). Simple tests without spending money. :)

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Did you check the blinker fluid?  Or perhaps the gas is too strong and you just need to water down.  Maybe put some sugar in there too,  for the electrolytes.

Steering is fine..lol

Plug wires is actually 

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Electrical gremlins suck. Perhaps test the resistance of the plug wires and/or test the coil(s). Simple tests without spending money. :)

Plug wires is only thing not new or that doesnt have a life time warranty..probably should just grab a new set..what troubles me is that its just sometimes..fuel pressure is acceptable ..pretty sure its not fuel related..unless it has a stubborn poppet..it does have the updated spyder..only thing i could think is a spark issue at times but I actually ran my fingers down each individual wire no arc nor a visable arc in the dark..maybe i think a possible plug wire damaged inside the insulation and when a vibration comes about it affects the combustion for whatever cylinder idk...i wish it would throw a code for a actual cylinder...and not just a occasional random..very vague code could be anywhere if I buy plug wires and it still sputters its liable to acciedently catch fire...It was suppose to be a project of mine anyway but my girlfriend kinda took it over and fells the need to drive it everywhere.

Bad case of the Friday's.

4 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Plugs and wires fixed a similar thing on mine, bog/miss at lower rpms on the highway.  

42 minutes ago, topgun said:

Plugs and wires fixed a similar thing on mine, bog/miss at lower rpms on the highway.  

I put the ac delco plats in thats recommended ..had some cheaper autolites in it made no difference.. of course it will be the last thing i replace my luck on the good side everything will be new with lifetime warranty except the plugs they are 3 year replacement..on the down side wallet went on a serious diet over this but the gas mileage suxs so it will pay for the replacements in the long run i guess..just is driving me crazy i cant find it..

So whats everybody's plans for this wonderful friday night?

I am currently at the moment whatching Wonder Woman and cooking a nice little brisket,cleaning house,and just rewired this heat pump and 15kw strip heater getting ready for it to turn cold this weekend..

Putting the new sled back together.  Can't help myself but to strip every new one I get and make sure they are right.  Have 3 snowmobiles in pieces in the garage right now, lol.

Have 2 GPS's on the new one and bluetooth.  Text and ride, lol.

It came as a bagger, so I took all that stuff off to have some "stock" pictures for when I sell it.  Then started to make it mine.  Running wires is always fun on anything.

Stock wiring etc allows about a 4" riser and I run a 6" so that was the fun.

Sounds fun wish we had snow down here to play in..Guess it would get old after awhile though probably..