Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I would take winter year round if I could

Lord it is windy here!they say we are suppose to have sustained winds 30-40 mph with gust up to 50mph all day..its just barely 20mph maybe now..Got to bolt everything down outside i guess real fast!! Lol

Whats Saturdays plans everyone?

I feel like being nosey today..lol

I just got back from the liabary from doing a little browsing..Fixing to make pop corn and watch the Notebook on my samsung 4k blueray..or try just updated the firmware again damn thing aint played a blueray since it came out of the box..if this dont work guess im gonna send it to samsung to get fixed before the manufactures warranty runs out...

Maybe does anyone have suggestions on why it wont play bluerays...I have bought probably 50 different ones none will play will not read the disc...dvd's work fine..

Wife and I just finished up with a trauma care med class today. 

1 hour ago, topgun said:

The notebook? Trying to get laid? 

He he...lol...thats my girlfriends favorite movie...you have any clues about samsungs bluray players? Model BD-J6300..damn thing still wont read blurays..wtf

If anyone has a mag drill for sale, please let me know.  110 or 220 doesn't matter.  Just has to be single phase.

2 hours ago, topgun said:

The notebook? Trying to get laid? 

He he...lol...thats my girlfriends favorite movie...you have any clues about samsungs bluray players? Model BD-J6300..damn thing still wont read blurays..wtf

47 minutes ago, topgun said:

Legal movies or copies? 

Legal..store bought..redbox or whatever..nones ever worked wont pick them up..regular dvds works fine

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

If anyone has a mag drill for sale, please let me know.  110 or 220 doesn't matter.  Just has to be single phase.

Not selling mine, but do like my Hougen 904s

It does play Blu ray right?  Don't have a clue if it doesn't play legit movies.  

Yea it is suppose to anyway..but never has out of the box..I am wondering if I happened to get the one out of probably 20 from the shelf at electronic express that was a dud..its been over 30 days so i cant just swap it..have to mail it to samsung it has a 1 year warranty through them..just not looking foward to that no telling how long it will take to get back..I am just making for sure im not overlooking something simple before i go through all the trouble with them..

37 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Yea it is suppose to anyway..but never has out of the box..I am wondering if I happened to get the one out of probably 20 from the shelf at electronic express that was a dud..its been over 30 days so i cant just swap it..have to mail it to samsung it has a 1 year warranty through them..just not looking foward to that no telling how long it will take to get back..I am just making for sure im not overlooking something simple before i go through all the trouble with them..

I hear if the less comprehensive operators call the tech support, sometimes they can walk them through the simpler stuff right over the phone. :)

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I have 2 and if you were closer you could borrow one.

20 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Whats Saturdays plans everyone?

I feel like being nosey today..lol

I just got back from the liabary from doing a little browsing..Fixing to make pop corn and watch the Notebook on my samsung 4k blueray..or try just updated the firmware again damn thing aint played a blueray since it came out of the box..if this dont work guess im gonna send it to samsung to get fixed before the manufactures warranty runs out...

Throw it away and buy this

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/

The best home blue ray player/network device you can buy is a PS4.  Maybe that new Xbox...i can't vouch for it though.

Grab a used 4k ps4 somewhere. 

It was $150.00 so im at least going to keep it for the spare room..tech support did try to walk me through it..but no go on any settings..there solution was to send me a thumb drive with updated firmware that didnt work

3 minutes ago, dem beats said:

The best home blue ray player/network device you can buy is a PS4.  Maybe that new Xbox...i can't vouch for it though.

Grab a used 4k ps4 somewhere. 

I been thinking about that..I currently dont own any game systems at the moment..I used to play video games when i built pc's back in the day..battlefield,soldier of fortune ect..but i have been thinking of getting one of those..I dont like the controlers because i got used to playing games on the pc

Just got off the phone with samsung...Guess there gonna have somebody call me in 24-48 hours so they can get the comformation code this guy just gave me and let me know what service center it will be going to..And then there going to send me a prepaid shipping label..wtf...I think they just make this go around and around the hard way so people will just say to hell with it its not worth the hassle...Not me i will take the damn thing to them if I have to just because they expect me to probably say to hell with it...I am disappointed in samsung..There phones and Tv's are my favorite first blue ray from them I have purchased..Not impressed at all..After reading reviews just now most were all great 5 stars but they were several with the same problem..Guess I should have did research before I purchased instead of just picking one that looked nice..My compulsive buying habbits..I knew better than that what the hell...

They asked me what make and model tv was it hooked up to..What in the hell would that have anything to do with it reading blurays?wtf..I am seriously thinking about calling them back and asking for support on BD-6300 bluray player installation to a floor model curtis mathes..lol

4 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I been thinking about that..I currently dont own any game systems at the moment..I used to play video games when i built pc's back in the day..battlefield,soldier of fortune ect..but i have been thinking of getting one of those..I dont like the controlers because i got used to playing games on the pc

The biggest problem with telling people to buy a PS4 as a media device is that they think of it as a game system first.

It is, but the only other device even close to giving you so many  options and so much power is the roku. And as far as I know, that won't play blue rays.

11 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

They asked me what make and model tv was it hooked up to..What in the hell would that have anything to do with it reading blurays?wtf..I am seriously thinking about calling them back and asking for support on BD-6300 bluray player installation to a floor model curtis mathes..lol

HDMI is a 2 way convo.  Just like blue tooth.  Sometimes random mainstream devices can't talk.

Samsung 8+ and my fitbit literally fight.  Drains the fitbit quick.

11 minutes ago, dem beats said:

HDMI is a 2 way convo.  Just like blue tooth.  Sometimes random mainstream devices can't talk.

Samsung 8+ and my fitbit literally fight.  Drains the fitbit quick.

Its hooked to a 49"LG 4k ..i do know that when i power off the LG goes off as well or sleep mode when stopping a dvd..Is it possible for it to be a compatibility issue with the tv? I currently only have that model tv in my house..But when I go to my mothers thanksgiving they have 3 different samsung model smart tv's should I try maybe taking it with me and seeing if that may be the issue? Or is the LG most likely compatible with it..My home theater knowlage is kinda out of date these days..

16 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

if it plays dvd's and not blurays then i'd bet the laser for the blueray pickup is not working or the signal path for it is fuxored in some way.