Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Just got the email from samsung it will be going to riverdale NJ..So hopefully it wont take that long atleast in transit anyway..It still is in warranty so no cost to me..Thats what I was thinking was the laser..I have just been putting it off because honestly I havent really carred till now about bluerays..I just want to get it solved before the warranty runs out in 4/30/18..I believe it was right around $150.00 for me at the time of purchace..I could have got the same functions I have at the moment from a $40 player..The reason I chose the samsung was because of the impression they left on me with their tv's,phones,ect. I did not chose the sony right beside it that was $20 bucks cheaper because of the impression their subs and H/U over the years have been left with me...After reading the reviews on that model from sony I passed up it is flawless from opionions from customers compared to the samsungs review..Guess some manufactures spend more time in research on different products than others..smart actually.. Guess when they see another manufacture showing weakness in certain areas they pick up their slack and use the chance to put their better product out there to catch sales..

Samsung is too big to trust them as a brand without questioning.

I too have a dead Samsung blue ray player....or so I assume as I have never tried a blue ray on it but it won't play dvds atm.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

if it plays dvd's and not blurays then i'd bet the laser for the blueray pickup is not working or the signal path for it is fuxored in some way.

This sounds legit.  

I just hope they test the damn thing before they send it back to me...I wonder how they do there quality control there where its actually assembled?Probably just check so often as they come down the line if I had to guess..I know they cant check each individual player thoroughly..but damn

They don't check shit.  No way, no how.  Sub-components that are prone to not being 100% they may, but no way finished product.

For instance, they may measure the alignment of the layer optic that focuses the laser, but once that sub-assembly is installed it is seriously doubtful anything regarding its performance ever gets checked again.  Just not cost effective.

Very few parts in their phones are tested as well...but some subs like above.  

I've been in a few of their suppliers measuring things.  I could be wrong, but really doubt it.  Obviously random sampling is a different story.

Better late than never.  Tools are installed, bitch to hide things on this.  Will get a slightly bigger windshield and associated bag here shortly so I can carry spare gloves, a water, and an extra pair of goggles.

FEMf1I9.jpg

Skis are now white as well.  Might be changing a few more things.

Makes me want to pull out the high school lettermans jacket and wear that riding.  Black, Orange, & White.

24 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I've been in a few of their suppliers measuring things.  I could be wrong, but really doubt it.  Obviously random sampling is a different story.

So moreless its just luck of the draw when you purchace..like a scratch off..except the opposite ..like a scratch off more than likely will be bad but a slight chance it could be good....And with the bluray it more than likely it will be good with a slight chance it could be bad....Just my damn luck I got the bad one wtf...

5 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Better late than never.  Tools are installed, bitch to hide things on this.  Will get a slightly bigger windshield and associated bag here shortly so I can carry spare gloves, a water, and an extra pair of goggles.

FEMf1I9.jpg

Nice!

6 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

So moreless its just luck of the draw when you purchace..like a scratch off..except the opposite ..like a scratch off more than likely will be bad but a slight chance it could be good....And with the bluray it more than likely it will be good with a slight chance it could be bad....Just my damn luck I got the bad one wtf...

More like the general public is now the research part of the R&D departments. 

12 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

FEMf1I9.jpg

Super jelly. :)

...but where's the white stuff on the ground?

18 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

FEMf1I9.jpg

Sexy!!!

10 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

More like the general public is now the research part of the R&D departments. 

Bingo.

I'm not completely mad with that.  As long as the exchange process would be faster.

6 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Bingo.

I'm not completely mad with that.  As long as the exchange process would be faster.

I agree...I am hoping maybe the will send me a superior model for my troubles.But probably highly unlikely..My luck they will send me a laser disc back..

I have never been on a snow mobile before..I bet they are a blast..I watched the movie Wind River last night they was hauling ass on them..I believe the movie was in Wyoming suppose to be a Indian reservation alot of snow and hills it looked fun as hell..

Power to weight is insane.  The 1/8mi tracks here are dominated by them.  Nearly impossible for a car or bike to compete.

Of course, lol.  

They run on water too, lol

Anyone have experience ordering from loudspeaker freaks/europe audio? 

25 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Anyone have experience ordering from loudspeaker freaks/europe audio? 

What are you planning on ordering? Just curious