Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

8 hours ago, dem beats said:

Best money i ever spent.  Ever ever ever.

Seriously.  I'm the only person I know who had pain from the procedure and It still worth it.

I know a couple who have had it done and feel the same as you do. So when I have to get readers the surgery will get done. 

18 minutes ago, nem said:

My issue with getting a Porsche is getting what I want and how much I am willing to spend. I would love to have one, but I need practical and dependability so it can be driven daily and on trips.

In 2 years that could all change, you just never know.

I understand completely. This is still the HOP.  You shall be shamed, it's for character building.

:)

9 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I understand completely. This is still the HOP.  You shall be shamed, it's for character building.

:)

Carry on I do enjoy. :)

I might be projecting....

I shouldn't have purchased my vehicle.  I did, because it was the best vehicle at the time.  And so much less than its value.

But it's not me.  I am either small as I can fit into near track ready car.... or giant truck/SUV.

I got something that made my foot happy, but I got it to haul possible VIPs and family and friends.  For me it was a compromise of 2 things.  I love the vehicle, but it's not me.

I actually drove a 4cyl grand coupe and aside from it being not fast, it was better than my car.

8 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

What are you gonna do with them?

Put them in the garage until spring.

48 minutes ago, nem said:

I know a couple who have had it done and feel the same as you do. So when I have to get readers the surgery will get done. 

Don't wait.  Did it 14 years ago.  Unbelievable quality of life improvement.

I haven't looked into it, but the doc has told other family members to not do it due to a thickness of the cornea? issue.  

On 11/27/2017 at 6:33 PM, Tirefryr said:

Surely he would break her.

abb335527795e1502fbbf1240a1d8b4c2fda80a3

On 11/28/2017 at 5:17 AM, Adrian_D said:

Here's the kitchen:

4kPelwY.jpg

Always love clean minimalist european design.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:18 AM, dem beats said:

Wife: Where you going?

Me: BMW.

Wife: Why?

Me: (in braveheart accent) To pick a fight.

Wish me luck.

5c2e19978c88556d51e04165e09c58cd--willia

12 hours ago, nem said:

Since the night I sat in Aaron's loaner Lexus I have been window shopping for my f sport. I found it, but rather than buy it now I have set a goal that I must achieve before I will buy it. 

Get back to over 400 on the bench again?

Nice to see the Hop still Hopping..

12 hours ago, nem said:

Since the night I sat in Aaron's loaner Lexus I have been window shopping for my f sport. I found it, but rather than buy it now I have set a goal that I must achieve before I will buy it. 

I really liked the car for overall daily driving.  The F sport could be straight nuts.

16 minutes ago, mrray13 said:

Nice to see the Hop still Hopping..

Hello ole friend.

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Holy shit.  I barely pushed 400 when I was my strongest.  I never liked the bench, but that's incredibly impressive. 

I feel like a hippie bringing this up, but did you try that breathing technique Sean?  Or look into it?

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Put them in the garage until spring.

I forgot that you done that ever year..Thought you may have decided to go a different route..

4 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

No my elbows would not like that, 300 is a happy weight to maintain. This is a financial goal written on paper so the wife knows.

3 hours ago, dem beats said:

I feel like a hippie bringing this up, but did you try that breathing technique Sean?  Or look into it?

No, haven't had time to breath lol

3 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I forgot that you done that ever year..Thought you may have decided to go a different route..

I don't spend money twice...I'd change cars first.  :Doh:

5 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

No, haven't had time to breath lol

Maybe no one else will get this, kind of based on our talks about the need to think it through.

Today I followed the technique for 3 real breathing cycles. When I was done, I realized for the first time in my life I hit a meditative state without being in a physical or mental state that required 100% of my effort.  Swimming in that without real life stressors was amazing.

Then I did 8 more curls with the same weight I did before.  It's a more effective version of breath control that I used to rep squat 720 back when I was an animal.  For what ever reason this also got my brain into that clear state. 

Not even caffeine in my system.  I knos breathing can do magic, but this is wildly different than what my martial arts instructors and lifting coaches.  Crazy effective. 

I'm aware I sound insane and it might not help other people.  

I only have it credit because it reminded me of my taichi classes.  The instructor would let the heat get down to 40s in the gym.  Our deliberate slow breathing and kata would heat the gym to the 60s or more before we left the class.

This breathing is similar, based on in breath through your diaphragm.  It's just waaaaaaaaaaay more intense.  

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I don't spend money twice...I'd change cars first.  :Doh:

Super charger still doing ok? I thought of doing a 5.3 in that blazer last year the 4.3 went haywire..I had a good 4.3 with low mileage so I just did a simple swap..it was out of a 2002 sonoma..only thing I had to do was tap out so I could use a one wire nock sensor..If and when this 4.3 goes to shit I will do a v8 swap..Maybe just a basic carborated 350..it shouldnt be that hard to do a v8 vortec swap though I think all really involved is radiator relocation and adding a couple wires for the 2 xtra spider poppets idk

14 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Super charger still doing ok? I thought of doing a 5.3 in that blazer last year the 4.3 went haywire..I had a good 4.3 with low mileage so I just did a simple swap..it was out of a 2002 sonoma..only thing I had to do was tap out so I could use a one wire nock sensor..If and when this 4.3 goes to shit I will do a v8 swap..Maybe just a basic carborated 350..it shouldnt be that hard to do a v8 vortec swap though I think all really involved is radiator relocation and adding a couple wires for the 2 xtra spider poppets idk

Is the LS1 swap still popular? That would make a tasty treat.

22 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Is the LS1 swap still popular? That would make a tasty treat.

Yep...they aint none really that I know of around here..