Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

7 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I try to be the same Jared, but some stress piles up and I don't deal with it well.  Trying to figure out that nut as the tick-tock goes faster when you let it twist you up.

The buddy I met for breakfast today was one of my assistants that I trust completely. I used to ask him if the cracks were showing.

Never anything to worry about.  I think we are much harder on ourselves for losing it than needed.  I base that only on what others tell me, I'm pretty sure I'm not doing good enough and need to work harder.

;)

Let's stay on a roll of me bitching.

This weather change is making my arthritis go crazy!  Squats help though.

On 12/1/2017 at 8:08 PM, nem said:

Congratulations! :woot:

On 12/1/2017 at 7:18 PM, ///M5 said:

Congrats Aaron

On 12/1/2017 at 4:44 PM, dem beats said:

You don't ever need to complain or worry about it if you do.

Knowing that people I look up to deal with struggles is important.  As long as you feel safe sharing, it's probably helping someone brotato chip.

Just super happy to see something good happen for someone good.

Thank you guys.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I try to be the same Jared, but some stress piles up and I don't deal with it well.  Trying to figure out that nut as the tick-tock goes faster when you let it twist you up.

The ability to admit room for improvement is at the core. The circle of beliefs around it are the fundamental control points. 

When I am overwhelmed it is usually because I am stuck in problem thinking.  Once I can shift my thought pattern to solution thinking the anxiety usually lifts... with nothing else changing. :)

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Teach me Sifu.

Anytime. You can be my trusty assistant.

What am I gonna do with all these rich white girls?

Take them to Starbucks Doh.

I have a whole book on what you just said in my journals and my mind.  It's all about spending time on the problem, and how you have to split your time between systems development and mastery of whatever system your working on.

I really implemented behavior over feelings systems and stuck to it hard.  I used my systems to develop mastery in others and despite having direct interference from my bosses, I won awards for best in my local and 5 of the 8 peers I meet with are direct mentees of mine.  Our top 3 sales people are my trainees.  The whole time I felt intense pain and exhaustion but I just used behaviors as a guide and acted according to the outcome I wanted and never how I felt about the situation.  it's crazy how violent the storm is that I'm in.  We've had 50% attrition.  

I'm not saying I'm happy.  I'm saying I'm unbelievably stable considering the waves.  I don't think I would be any happier had I followed the Feelings I had at the time, but I would be 100% more unstable.

The buddy I met for breakfast today was one of my assistants that I trust completely. I used to ask him if the cracks were showing.

Never anything to worry about.  I think we are much harder on ourselves for losing it than needed.  I base that only on what others tell me, I'm pretty sure I'm not doing good enough and need to work harder.

;)

Best thing I ever did in life was give myself room for +\-error.  Being a very calculated and meticulous person it has allowed me to breathe easier.

I attempted being feather brained and lighthearted,  but that shit was way too sloppy.

4 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I have a whole book on what you just said in my journals and my mind.  It's all about spending time on the problem, and how you have to split your time between systems development and mastery of whatever system your working on.

I really implemented behavior over feelings systems and stuck to it hard.  I used my systems to develop mastery in others and despite having direct interference from my bosses, I won awards for best in my local and 5 of the 8 peers I meet with are direct mentees of mine.  Our top 3 sales people are my trainees.  The whole time I felt intense pain and exhaustion but I just used behaviors as a guide and acted according to the outcome I wanted and never how I felt about the situation.  it's crazy how violent the storm is that I'm in.  We've had 50% attrition.  

I'm not saying I'm happy.  I'm saying I'm unbelievably stable considering the waves.  I don't think I would be any happier had I followed the Feelings I had at the time, but I would be 100% more unstable.

I can relate 100%.  After reevaluating my values I realized my mental sanity and well-being was way higher on the list then fame and fortune.

Besides we're just on a big goddamn rock spinning eastward through space and time.  No one gets out alive so kick back and enjoy the ride. :-)

I need to get in shape for a snowboard/ski/snowmobile trip in the mountains.  What should I do?

I've never done anything in my life so ...

With fat chicks if you want to add weights to your routine.

Just now, Tirefryr said:

Sex.

That is the only thing I do.

Just now, Tirefryr said:

With fat chicks if you want to add weights to your routine.

Ok, no.

Finally got the Fiat on the road for 40-50 miles today.    First time in about 15 years it's been on the road.   

20171203_135230.jpg