Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

11 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I am staying right on wacker though so parking is valet obly, which I don't do, and expensive as hell

Better not be lower wacker...  

Though a cardboard box and a sleeping bag would be a little cold in December.  

How long have you kept pulled pork roasts warm in a cooler before pulling Sean?  

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Ha, yes.  And then they make plans speaking in Spanish so I don't understand

Good, glad to hear that. :)

9 hours ago, topgun said:

How long have you kept pulled pork roasts warm in a cooler before pulling Sean?  

7 hours this past Saturday.

I've gotten recruited to do pulled pork for Friday evening for a local club that we are part of so need to figure out when I'm going to time that to put in the egg.  

If it gets too long you can safely hold it all day in 140F water.  Obviously seal it in vacuum sealed bags first so that it doesn't accrue any moisture, but from an FDA perspective that will keep you fine.  Obviously you can reduce that water temp quite significantly and still be safe then...

In my case if I had to do that of course I'd use the sous vide, but I haven't needed to

So. . .   

I changed the snow tires from the Audi wheels to the Lincoln wheels last week.  I'm prepping the Audi to sell, but I'm in no hurry as the weather's turning and I have no garage.  

Last weekend I changed the interior over in the Lincoln so I can drive that and parked the Audi.  Well, now OF is slipping and I have a horrible miss at idle and directly off idle.  I have a new engine and trans to swap in the thing, but I'm working massive hours, and again, no garage.  WTF?!

On 12/5/2017 at 11:40 AM, dem beats said:

W just got a crazy big promotion.

Woohooooo!!!!!

:woot:

Wish you had kept the Mazda. :(

Yeah, it's nearly impossible to get a loan right now too since I've only been at my new job for 6 months.  

Speaking of Mazda, you guys have love for the Mazda3 hatch correct? 

The Mazdaspeed3 yes.  The tame 3, no.

The 6 is a WONDERFUL vehicle!  It just does not have the excite that I need.  It's no zoom zoom.  He'll, it's not even a zoom.

I will say, buying the Mazda was the best experience I've had.  The dealer was great, Mazda financial bent over for me, and Mazda USA actually gives a shit about their owners.  I got free maintenance for a year, 3 years of free oil changes, service coupons every month, a subscription to Mazda magazine, and they sent me an owner's plaque with little gifts and car care products in the mail.  They called me every month too to see how I was enjoying the car and if I had any problems.

1 hour ago, topgun said:

Speaking of Mazda, you guys have love for the Mazda3 hatch correct? 

Yes, I love them for sure.  Kind of want another for a run about and little audio demo vehicle.

4 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

The 6 is a WONDERFUL vehicle!  It just does not have the excite that I need.  It's no zoom zoom.  He'll, it's not even a zoom.

I will say, buying the Mazda was the best experience I've had.  The dealer was great, Mazda financial bent over for me, and Mazda USA actually gives a shit about their owners.  I got free maintenance for a year, 3 years of free oil changes, service coupons every month, a subscription to Mazda magazine, and they sent me an owner's plaque with little gifts and car care products in the mail.  They called me every month too to see how I was enjoying the car and if I had any problems.

Yes, they are a very well run company.

Well there went 200$ for a Tappecue thermometer.  

The rental Mazda 6 I had was a complete POS.  Unbelievable shitty.  I assume it was a stripper version, but I couldn't believe a car that looked that good on the outside could be that much of a turd.

It's a rental car.  There's a HUGE step up between models in their lineup.  All the rentals are the lowest of the low.  I had the Touring model with "leather" seats and tech package.  It had literally everything the top tier Grand Touring had minus the Fog lights and I didn't get the pretty gunmetal painted wheels.    Of course I bought mine new too and only put 5000 miles on it, so who knows how it would have turned out, but I am generally a bit better maintaining my vehicles than I think rental places may be.

Pretty sure I blew up the Lincoln.