Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Definitely made me reevaluate my values. Just to make sure I was honoring the right things.  So easy to get locked up in life just grinding away,  then one day I pop my head out of the trenches and wonder what the fuck is going on. Made me realize my own sanity and personal health was way higher than saving face.  

14 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I just realized it would be best for me to just stop completely ..I tend to get carried away and do stupid shit not everytime but it always leads to it eventually..Some people can drink here and there and be fine..I have tried that in the past works for a while and then I lose control..So it is best for me to just leave it alone period..yea its boring sometimes from being used to living the life I did,but hey atleast Im alive I cut it close this time so getting another chance as I'm looking at it..The least I could do is try to respect myself for here on out and not take life for granted anymore.

Is GREAT to hear you are taking care of yourself Mikey! I was wondering what had changed your demeanor so much. :)

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

Is GREAT to hear you are taking care of yourself Mikey! I was wondering what had changed your demeanor so much. :)

You have a good holiday?It is cold here 4 degrees..That is crazy cold here in Tennessee! I just drove the blazer for a hour and the heat just now got warm..Guess I didnt let it warm up enough before getting on the Interstate..70+ mph in a 4 degree temp did't warm the engine up like I thought it would..Didn't start getting warm till after I reached my destination and let it just idle out in the parking lot for 30 minutes..lol

38 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

You have a good holiday?It is cold here 4 degrees..That is crazy cold here in Tennessee! I just drove the blazer for a hour and the heat just now got warm..Guess I didnt let it warm up enough before getting on the Interstate..70+ mph in a 4 degree temp did't warm the engine up like I thought it would..Didn't start getting warm till after I reached my destination and let it just idle out in the parking lot for 30 minutes..lol

My Christmas was good. We basically skipped Christmas last year and went to Hawaii, so my wife could have a break from my family. I don't blame her but it was nice to have the traditional Christmas again this year.  As far as New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, I worked both of them.

Has been crazy cold here but that is nothing new.  I know Texas, Georgia and Hawaii have all received more snow than where I live though. 

Sounds like you have a low operating temp thermostat installed. ( or perhaps took it out at some point)  The easy fix is put a piece of cardboard in front of most or all of your radiator.  Otherwise put a higher rated thermostat in for the winter. :)

I got the new Samsung 8000 series TV  for the bedroom. Figure if I'm going to watch TV better watch it in style. All I can say is DAMN the dynamic range of color is beyond ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I feel for you. Trying to have and keep honor has made me put myself through some pretty painful growing pains. 

I'm not generally a kind and nice person if you analyzed my thinking over my whole life.  But I'm turning into someone who behaves that way and might even think that way and it's becoming too much to push down the behavior I don't want to have.  I'm to exhausted to intellect my way out of these stressful situations....

So maybe just be somewhere else and do something else.

3 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

My Christmas was good. We basically skipped Christmas last year and went to Hawaii, so my wife could have a break from my family. I don't blame her but it was nice to have the traditional Christmas again this year.  As far as New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, I worked both of them.

Has been crazy cold here but that is nothing new.  I know Texas, Georgia and Hawaii have all received more snow than where I live though. 

Sounds like you have a low operating temp thermostat installed. ( or perhaps took it out at some point)  The easy fix is put a piece of cardboard in front of most or all of your radiator.  Otherwise put a higher rated thermostat in for the winter. :)

Not sure what temp thermostat it has in it..I didn't change any of that when I did the motor swap..All I replaced was the rear main seal and oil pan gasket..and the upper intake plenum gaskets..And of course all my new accessories and sensors and what not..Far as everthing else I am assuming it was just whatever stock was for the 2002 model Sonoma's ..It never runs hot at all even the hottest days of summer..The heat always works fine actually it will roast you out..lol I did put a new heater core in it not to long ago..It started warming up on the trip back home roughly 100 mile trip there another 100 miles back to the house..Guess it was so cold it never warmed up enough to feel heat..My feet felt like they was going to fall off..lol I told the ole'lady she better not make another damn Dr. appointment that early again...lol I wonder what the wind chill would have been at 4 degrees moving 65-70 mph?

Sean I made a pasta dough.

3 eggs in 2 cups of flour.  Made a well, fork, knead.  It wouldn't get past a rough dry ragged mess without at least 6-7 tbsp of water... wtf

29 minutes ago, dem beats said:

3 eggs in 2 cups of flour.  Made a well, fork, knead.  It wouldn't get past a rough dry ragged mess without at least 6-7 tbsp of water... wtf

Pasta dough? Like homeade noodles?  I have never tried that..I did just make some peanut butter balls..lol taste like reece's cups very easy to do...Also I got some boneless bbq chicken thighs going on in the oven..I been kinda on a poultry kick here lately..lol

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

It is SUPER dry out right now and your eggs may also be small.  I never measure exactly but am not surprised it took way more moisture than that.  I usually make a pile of flour and 4 eggs.  By sight I am normally within a tbsp or at worst 2.  Should spring back when you push it in.

I am lazy and have a dishwasher so I crack and mix with a fork in a bowl first.  Completely unecessary ...but I feel the integration is easier as I can leave a nice coating of flour on the counter which allows nearly no mess.

If I didn't try to fully integrate all the flour that hits my counter then it wouldn't be as necessary, but my kitchen while mostly industrial is not being hosed down at the end of my shift lol.

Also allows you to add another egg and beat it to that container in case you measure way off and need to add more.  Impossible to add part of an egg if you don't.  Part of an egg yolk is even easier and doesn't suck.

In all reality a bit of water is fine...just no salt.

And yes, pasta dough is about the ONLY thing that ever gets added to anything without salt.  Salt for the dough is in the water.  Should be saltier than the ocean.

And about 1/3 as salty as green vegetable cooking water.

So yes, I use at least 15lbs of salt a year.

Christmas and Christmas Eve took over 1lb

My food is not salty, but tastes good.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

And about 1/3 as salty as green vegetable cooking water.

So yes, I use at least 15lbs of salt a year.

I have never cooked a vegetable in that kind of salt.  Is that crab steaming salty?

Sounds.... blood pressury

I added salt to the dough. I made it too thin for the noodles.  I used a dense meat sauce that didn't really showcase fresh noodles.

It was still the best pasta I ever had.  I splashed the dough ball with water and I needed until I got satin.  I went with my gut and said texture is king and you can't knead it too much so fuck it.

I didn't even think about humidity... until I boiled water.  I saw the noodles swell on the cutting board just from the kitchen getting more humid.  

As long as I don't get sick, I'm going to try a semolina blend fresh next time.

I'm going to follow your hips next time Sean. I'm excited. 

On 12/30/2017 at 9:44 AM, dem beats said:

I really wish I could justify a new pair of cards!

I have been working my new Pcs.  I think I'm actually having a fan control issue. I keep hitting thermal shut downs with boinc running.  

I did get a new water cooler though.  Wow.  Much better than the 4 year old one.

I'm going to cool the GPUs with liquid next time I think.  Also a much more serious case. 

I will be building a machine some point this year for my house and it will be mostly for day job and SSA, but still needs to wreck house on BOINC.  My lappy is still holding on thankfully.  As for water cooling, I have never gotten into it.  Are you using MSI Afterburner?

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

I have never cooked a vegetable in that kind of salt.  Is that crab steaming salty?

Sounds.... blood pressury

You don't cook it in that salt, just a quick blanch followed by an ice bath before cooking.

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

I added salt to the dough. I made it too thin for the noodles.  I used a dense meat sauce that didn't really showcase fresh noodles.

It was still the best pasta I ever had.  I splashed the dough ball with water and I needed until I got satin.  I went with my gut and said texture is king and you can't knead it too much so fuck it.

I didn't even think about humidity... until I boiled water.  I saw the noodles swell on the cutting board just from the kitchen getting more humid.  

As long as I don't get sick, I'm going to try a semolina blend fresh next time.

I'm going to follow your hips next time Sean. I'm excited. 

Don't salt the dough.  It kills the mouthfeel :)

Didn't know you could swing well enough to follow my hips

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I will be building a machine some point this year for my house and it will be mostly for day job and SSA, but still needs to wreck house on BOINC.  My lappy is still holding on thankfully.  As for water cooling, I have never gotten into it.  Are you using MSI Afterburner?

I am.

It's pretty nice.