Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

So tomorrow the Audi gets it true test in the snow. 

We've gotten quite a bit lately, but we've been bombarded by 8" in the past 6 hours, and supposedly we're supposed to get up to 20 over the next two days.  They don't plow my road until every other road in the city is plowed, so we'll see how it does with some deep stuff.  Luckily, it's all lake-effect, so fairly light.

I hope this year we atleast get a couple of inches..I want to play in the snow! My buddy has a 4 wheeler that would be perfect for pulling a old extra camaro hood.lol

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Def Tech Studio W.  For a tv that is on an articulating stand so it can be pointed completely on axis to the watcher.  Works now in either seating location or the difference can be split.  Once we remodel it will either "have to do" or get moved to the bedroom.

Self powered, sub, and how much if I may ask?

I've had the Vizio bar with surround and powered sub in the living room for over a year now. Not sure of the model, but has performed well on both music and movies. Has surprised me a few times with the low notes on movies. Music of any genre sounds great at all levels.

7 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

SO I took my snow shoes into Firestone a month ago for a transplant.  I let them sit for 3 days before I installed them.  Upon installation, I noticed one was flat.  It was odd as is was holding air on the old rim, and the tire on the new rim was without a leak.  SO I go for 3 weeks before I get to take it back it.  I remove the wheel and I noticed the rim was bent. . . .   By the installation machine.  It is CLEARLY obvious.  So I take it into Firestone and haggle with the manager, and we came to an agreement that I would bring in another rim and they'd mount and balance for no charge since I have no way proving they damaged the wheel.  Anyways, this was 1.5 weeks ago.  I called them last night and the manager said it was not done, but promised it would be done last night.  I told him I'd be in this morning to pick it up.  I didn't make it this morning, so I went in after work and they still did not have it done and the retard that was working there wanted to give me shit when I told him I was taking them somewhere else.  He told me I could not take anything without a receipt.  Apparently he does not understand that you don't have a receipt for work never completed. 

Just had to vent.

Big-o broke the center out of one my Cragar rims once. Must of thrown it on the machine without pulling the center cap. After fighting with them for a month, I got them to buy me a used matching rim.

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

Self powered, sub, and how much if I may ask?

$1299 normally, $699 on sale matching Amazon's price

The full range Martin Logan bar is also clearanced for that, but long term I just don't trust a boutique brand electronic to last.

I am naturally somewhat opposed to electronic companies making speakers too.

Adorable.  Hope it all goes PERFECT!

23 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Baby Mila is having her last surgery of the foreseeable future today. Should be fairly minor compared to the last one. Image may contain: 1 person

That is TOO cute!

Best of luck J, she is a cutie! :)

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

The full range Martin Logan bar is also clearanced for that, but long term I just don't trust a boutique brand electronic to last.

Love mine.

Great 2 Chan.  One does go into safety durring LFE on big movies if I have it turned up.  Needs a sub bad.

3 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Baby Mila is having her last surgery of the foreseeable future today. Should be fairly minor compared to the last one. Image may contain: 1 person

Adorable!

Hope it goes perfectly!

Cute baby.

14 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Love mine.

Great 2 Chan.  One does go into safety durring LFE on big movies if I have it turned up.  Needs a sub bad.

You have the ML?  I am contemplating buying it and trying it out...in comparison.

Slight side note, we have knock-down book shelf kits in the works now.  Crossover is in development, as well as the enclosure to go with our Evil 65's and Evil 1's.  The response on some social media with a few of our things in home audio has been really strong.  Kind of exciting actually.  No one in our direct market segment is really doing any home audio, so it is an area I want to begin to get into. 

18 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You have the ML?  I am contemplating buying it and trying it out...in comparison.

I have a pair of purity's

19 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Slight side note, we have knock-down book shelf kits in the works now.  Crossover is in development, as well as the enclosure to go with our Evil 65's and Evil 1's.  The response on some social media with a few of our things in home audio has been really strong.  Kind of exciting actually.  No one in our direct market segment is really doing any home audio, so it is an area I want to begin to get into. 

What sort of price range are you looking at being in? 

3 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Change the look a little bit and market them as home audio drivers so you can charge more money.

Anybody have a good used H/U to get rid of ?

What's the cheap 2 channel home amp to own at the moment?

Got rid of that ridiculous soundbar thingee.

I've got an ART SLA-1 I'd part with.   

Think there are only 2 on the market worth listening to.  Martin Logan and B&W.  B&W here on clearance, but I don't want a showroom used one.  Figure it is from batch 1 otherwise I'd be fine with it.

Just now, ///M5 said:

Got rid of that ridiculous soundbar thingee.

Well that was quick.