Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Go Vikings!  Whole town here is Purple & Gold atm.

Well that's going to be disappointing later this evening.

Between that and the no snow I guess some higher power hates me

I was actually beginning to tolerate the winter.  It started snowing on Christmas eve and didn't stop until 2 weeks ago.   Up until 2 Mondays ago, we had 40+ inches of snow, and the temps were steady.  Cold as fuck, but steady.  In 4 days, all that shit melted and it was 50 degrees out.  The very next day it was single digits and whiteout conditions.  The snow continued for another week exactly with the cold temps, and suddenly Friday afternoon, it jumped up 30 degrees, the sun came out, and now today, we have no more snow, and it's supposed to be up into the 50s tomorrow.  THIS is the shit I hate.  I get my body prepped for winter and winter turns to spring, then to winter, then to spring, then to winter, then early summer.  FUCK!

I did my taxes today and for the first time ever I owe Federal.  I don't know what has changed and I don't have time to go over the tax codes, but something is suspect.   What makes it even worse is my company is so small, I cannot E-file.  I don't have a clue what the company size has to do with it, but it's absurd to me.

26 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I did my taxes today and for the first time ever I owe Federal.  I don't know what has changed and I don't have time to go over the tax codes, but something is suspect.   What makes it even worse is my company is so small, I cannot E-file.  I don't have a clue what the company size has to do with it, but it's absurd to me.

Bet the government shut down want effect them wanting their money..Only thing that will stay shut down is stuff that dont really matter...

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Found this while moving my dad

IMG_20180120_093806394_zpsi15iurer.jpg

From my screen it's a weird nonsense collage....

Same here now. Was going to fix but then my tacos arrived.

It's a JC Penney branded camera lens.

11 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

The IRS does not accept e-filed returns until January 29th. I'm assuming that is your issue as there is no criteria for filing your personal return based on the size of the business you work for.

12 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Same here now. Was going to fix but then my tacos arrived.

It's a JC Penney branded camera lens.

Breakfast tacos?

Jelly

35 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Miller ftw.  Tax code > me

It comes with the job.  Numerous clients ask about it this time of year.

Just quite the first post in the hop.  We like it :)  Doesn't mean you can't post useless interactive banter however.

Like this.  So far I am batting 100% on "getting" to travel on days where it is snowy enough it turns a 22min drive to an hour.  Of course those are also the only days where later on them I could have actually used either snowmobile.  

Sitting at the airport drinking beer and eating.  Plane to Amsterdam is now 1hr delayed, but I almost flew through Paris which is 6hr delayed since the airport is CLOSED until 2:30.  Incoming Paris filght added a layover in Detroit.

Coming back through Paris though.  One city I never mind being stuck in.

...but not for too long.  29th I am going road tripping on a sled somewhere.  Whereever the fuck that needs to be it'll be.

Stupid GM fuel rail line popped off AGAIN.  Little baby blue condom seal pops off.  I don't get the design.  Only takes 20min to fix as long as the rail doesn't have to come all the way off in which case the supercharger gets to be pulled.  Still not the 20min I wanted to spend yesterday.

In more than 20 years of travel here this is the worst delay I have ever had.  Airport has been closed for out and in since 12:45 or so and that is with the best crew out of any airport in North America here on snow duty.  I am on the 2nd plane that gets out of here...but currently it is "stuck" inside the hangar.

17 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

In more than 20 years of travel here this is the worst delay I have ever had.  Airport has been closed for out and in since 12:45 or so and that is with the best crew out of any airport in North America here on snow duty.  I am on the 2nd plane that gets out of here...but currently it is "stuck" inside the hangar.

This is brutal

It would be epic if I were home.  Brutal to look out the window at

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

It would be epic if I were home.  Brutal to look out the window at

Water, water every where but not a drop to drink.

At least you get to swing through Paris?