Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

5 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Hey you better get a handle on that crap..They had a story on the flu on my local news last night..Its killed a bunch of people this year...just recently a 33 year old guy died he let it go before they finally made him go to the hospital he had a stroke over the flu i guess fever..Its bad in Tennessee this year and I haven't got a damn flu shot yet..

The virus this year is bad.  I'm glad people are paying attention.  You need to get the vaccine even if it's not all that effective.

The flu is one of the deadliest things we deal with every year as a society.  Seriously.  It is super deadly.

Living in a first world and having good access I'm unlikely to go down, but I do agree with you.  I need to get more sleep and take better care of myself. 

I just started feeling like crap last nite all the sudden. Fever kicked my ass, throat burned, coughing hurt and nose plugged up. I took a bunch of meds and past out. I woke up middle of the nite drenched in sweat and weak. I'm still not feeling all that great right now but at least not like last nite...

41 minutes ago, Liro213 said:

I just started feeling like crap last nite all the sudden. Fever kicked my ass, throat burned, coughing hurt and nose plugged up. I took a bunch of meds and past out. I woke up middle of the nite drenched in sweat and weak. I'm still not feeling all that great right now but at least not like last nite...

Rest up!

Fluids and sleep.  Ita really important.  Unless you are young.  Then just do a bump and move on.

I could have had ebola in my 20s, still party after a 14 hour day.

Hmm, ZERO jet lag.

Slapped 35 miles on the new beast to give it a run through before going up North.  Thing kicks ass...but the snirt blows donkey.

I had to make it to a meeting I couldn't miss, so I had to tuff it out all morning..

so is staying active counter productive vs resting? Because I been active all day even walked 30 min on treadmill. Still feel like crap lol

Made a homemade cake..Did some devils food with homemade peanut butter icing...Icing didn't turn out to great..will see more when it cools...anybody got any tips for homemade icing?

3 hours ago, Liro213 said:

I had to make it to a meeting I couldn't miss, so I had to tuff it out all morning..

so is staying active counter productive vs resting? Because I been active all day even walked 30 min on treadmill. Still feel like crap lol

Lol

Well you need rest first.  I just can't calm down unless I work out and get my body chemicals moving.

I sleep worse than terrible.

2 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Made a homemade cake..Did some devils food with homemade peanut butter icing...Icing didn't turn out to great..will see more when it cools...anybody got any tips for homemade icing?

Yes.  Make frosting not icing.

15 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  Make frosting not icing.

How would be a easy way for frosting? I have never tried that...I used butter,sugar,brown sugar,and peanut butter for this

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

Lol

Well you need rest first.  I just can't calm down unless I work out and get my body chemicals moving.

I sleep worse than terrible.

I feel your pain, I just woke up better thank God

But man all that crazy nonsense you dream when your sick

I dreampt my furnace broke and my car wouldn't start.  The furnace did in fact stop working this morning and I'm about to go check the car..

Edited by dem beats

2 hours ago, Liro213 said:

I feel your pain, I just woke up better thank God

But man all that crazy nonsense you dream when your sick

Great minds.  Glad you feel better!

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

I dreampt my furnace broke and my car wouldn't start.  The furnace did in fact stop working this morning and I'm about to go check the car..

Need help with that furnace? let me know if you have any questions..

9 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Need help with that furnace? let me know if you have any questions..

The relay on this old 50s furnace keeps burning out.  I have to putz with a wire, and I think it's some static build up or something.

They are going to replace the wiring. 

46 minutes ago, dem beats said:

The relay on this old 50s furnace keeps burning out.  I have to putz with a wire, and I think it's some static build up or something.

They are going to replace the wiring. 

Is it a old oil burner?

37 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Loose connection somewhere.

Yes, but more than just that.  If I touch the problem wire anywhere amd hold it lond enough the furnace starts.  Regardless if I touch the start of the wire pr where it commects to the relay.  Its so bizarre.  I found the wire, crimped the connector and have tried to crimp weld it to the relay too.  

Been through 6 relays in 10 years.  Took a few before I found the problem wire too.

44 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Yes, but more than just that.  If I touch the problem wire anywhere amd hold it lond enough the furnace starts.  Regardless if I touch the start of the wire pr where it commects to the relay.  Its so bizarre.  I found the wire, crimped the connector and have tried to crimp weld it to the relay too.  

Been through 6 relays in 10 years.  Took a few before I found the problem wire too.

What relay is it? Or better yet what is it for? Almost sounds as maybe a bad grounding issue for the relay itself is it a 220? Or 110?

29 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

What relay is it? Or better yet what is it for? Almost sounds as maybe a bad grounding issue for the relay itself is it a 220? Or 110?

It's a relay box with 4 wires.  I would assume low voltage but maybe 110.  I got myself a good zap once when I pulled the problem wire off the relay and it was sending signal when I tried to put it back on.  My finger played a role in transfering those electrons for a nano second. lol

Car started BTW.

Thanks for asking ya pricks.  :D

Upside.  Ate solid food for the first time in 24 and my pain is about 40% what it was earlier.  Holy shit, it feels amazing when you get a little break from feeling like death. 

38 minutes ago, dem beats said:

It's a relay box with 4 wires.  I would assume low voltage but maybe 110.  I got myself a good zap once when I pulled the problem wire off the relay and it was sending signal when I tried to put it back on.  My finger played a role in transfering those electrons for a nano second. lol

Most likely the time delay for the fan.   Definitely NOT 24V, you would not have felt anything really. 

25 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Car started BTW.

Thanks for asking ya pricks.  :D

Upside.  Ate solid food for the first time in 24 and my pain is about 40% what it was earlier.  Holy shit, it feels amazing when you get a little break from feeling like death. 

Glad your better man! Hang in there the flu is in beast mode this year..Maybe drink lots of V8 juice its nasty imo but works wonders when sick..

52 minutes ago, dem beats said:

On those 4 wires 2 most likely is hot legs one 24v the other is most likely common/ground..sometimes those old furnaces is 208/220 mostly these days most I come across will be 110 and when one seems to have crazy unexplained issues 75% of the time it results to being a common wire issue somewhere..I still say if I had to guess its a ground or common issue..

My Orphan 8 is still in use daily for the small 2.1 set up I have at the house.